Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times

Advertisements

Ok I figured I would post on here because I find women and the whole height issue to be ridiculous. I was watching a show on tv yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height. Are women really this shallow? I'm 5'8" myself and I find it disturbing that women wouldn't want to date a guy who is an overall great catch but isn't 6' tall. Are you telling me a woman would rather date a guy who is 6' tall and a complete scumbag over a great guy who is a few inches shorter. I think it comes down to low self esteem. I think women who will only date tall men are really lacking in self esteem and are completely shallow. Any other opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Double post.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Height has never been a deal breaker with me. Most of my boyfriends have been of average height (~5'8"). My current boyfriend is 6'5". I'm 5'7" and I wear sneakers most of the time. I hate high heels with a passion!

If a woman likes to wear high heels, maybe that's why she'd prefer a taller man to date.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I was watching a show on TV yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height. Are women really this shallow?
I'll answer your question with a question: do you actually think that TV shows are accurate and complete reflections of reality? It isn't called Tinsel Town for nothing...

Old 03-30-2008, 11:56 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Well, yes, in a way.

Quote:
I was watching a show on tv yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height. Are women really this shallow?
Anyone who would go on a program such as the one mentioned probably really is that shallow. But they aren't representative of all women.

Nothing wrong with your height at all for most of us.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I was watching a show on tv yesterday called the Millionaire Club where Millionaires are looking for love and the dating agency was interviewing women to see if they would date this guy. Now the guy was 5'8" (average for a man) and most women did not want to date him because he is average height.
Wow, it IS surprising these ladies are so picky with millionaires! In those cases just about anything else but the size of the bank accounts is ignored.

See, this is a business deal, OK. Tit-for-tat. Did you see any overweight and ugly women in the crowd?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:38 PM

34 posts, read 87,566 times
When I read this, I totally thought of that Saved by the Bell episode where Jessie was like a foot taller than the guy and felt self conscious about her height. Mayhap the women are just self conscious about their own height. Were they tall themselves? They could feel awkward being so tall with a guy they like. I mean you would literally be looking down at them. That could totally be awkward. I personally wouldn't know since I'm not super tall. I do know though, that the bottom line is the guy's personality counts most.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
IMHO and experience
for women that date a lot, its a must-- tall men, thick hair, see people as "objects".
casual dating becomes a sport, no different than men.
you can hear the hollow sound a block away like an empty barrel
rolling down the street.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Height is not an issue. (for me) My wasband was 6'2" . The young man I dated before him was probably 5'10" maybe.

My brother, not that I dated him....lmao is 6'8" my 14 yo son is 6'1" This leads me to believe my wasband has either shrunk or lied about his height all these years, because my son is now taller than him.

Men... do you lie about your height? Its ok... the woman will never know until your children start getting taller than you!

lol. I know, I am so goofy. My son has a size 13 mans shoe... I am thinking he will be up there with my brother in height and size. My brother is in a 15 mans shoe.

oh geez.

But that is a good question. men, would you lie to a woman about your height, if you thought it made you more 'date-able'?

I don't care about height, even though I am surrounded by it. I am 5'5" My 12 year old daughter is almost my height.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Men... do you lie about your height?
Heck, I know I fibbed about 1/2 inch on my driver's license. But it's not my fault the Imperial system is not as precise as the metric... Rounding up! Ain't gonna put 1/2 inch on my license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships