Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 04:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sorry - that all just sounds really nasty and scary...especially since hunting almost always includes killing.
It’s a joke!

It’s ok if you think people actually do this sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
People who hate women are confident as well and hold eye contact while telling them why they suck...

What does a positive experience and confidence have to do with each other?
Ummm...

Positive experiences breed confidence. People don't gain or lose confidence in a vacuum. I don't care who you are. You can puff up your confidence till you're like blimp, but if you have bad experiences, your confidence is gonna take a hit.

You can deflate yourself all you want, but good experience after good experience is going to build your confidence. I would know.

That said, it is not good to base your confidence on outside sources other than, maybe your achievements.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus86 View Post
When I was in my early teens I remember that I had a habit of making eye contact with any girls that I found cute, then I would hold that eye contact and give them a flirty smile (I was pretty much trying to say "heeey cutie, what's up?" with my eyes), and then I just walked away and waited for them to make the next move.
I think I was trying to mimic Leonardo DiCaprio when he had that scene in "Titanic" where he held eye contact with the character Rose for the first time.

This actually seemed to be quite well-received;
several of those girls ended up approaching me a few minutes later, so it certainly seems like a pretty positive sign if a guy is able to hold a flirty eye contact for a while.
I was definitely much more likely to be approached by the girls that I had made eye contact with like this, probably because I showed some playful interest without appearing "needy" in any way - I typically did this if it was slightly tricky to start a conversation with those girls at those specific moments.
Maybe I should start doing that again.
LMAO

I'm sorry, but that reminded me of that "Briona" video on YouTube for some reason. The staring, the "flirty smile"...

...but it works according to you. so I guess.

As for me, I rarely stare. If I do stare at you, it is because you look enough like somebody I know or knew to make me wonder if you are in fact that person. Then after a few seconds, I go on with my business.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
My point is that confident men are not waiting for women to approach them. They are confident enough to do it themselves. Not being able to approach women is pretty much the definition of lacking confidence.
Hey, I don't approach women because I'm busy with my life, and women are always approaching me. So why bother? And what else, the women approaching me are 10X more attractive then the women I think about.

I guess I lack confidence in my ability to be invisible to women until I approach.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 AM

HA!!!! Not posting on CD. If you've had positive experiences with women, don't post on CD. O...kay

Old 11-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
That's an amazing eye contact skill. Never knew women can read specific details from just looking at a mans eyes. A woman would probably slap me if she could read my eyes, Lmao

You need to teach me how to transmit: "HELLO THERE!, give me a holla, my number is 480-XXX-XXXX. I like to take you out sometimes" just using my eyes. Lol
I remember that one call I got

ME: Hello?
Woman: Hey there, sexy!!!

ME: Who this?

WOMAN: You don't remember me? You gave me that eye contact.

ME: Yeah, vaguely. How did you get this number?

WOMAN: It was in your eyes...And so was your address and I'm coming over.

Ah... good times.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Not for nothing, but so would a predator that hated women and wanted to hurt or kill them.

Is it at all possible that all men could be ladie's men until they find that one special lady?

Could be. How would you really know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are always right?
I don't know. Ask the group of men that aren't...ladies men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships