Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 12:29 AM

16 posts, read 12,019 times

Advertisements

He has complimented my smile, my shoes and has says "you always look nice." He is also a bit touchy feely. How can I figure out if he is hitting on me? He is around my age, in case it matters.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-23-2021 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 threads on same topic.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:55 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Nah... He just wants your business.

BTW: didn't you just posted about a married supervisor hitting on you? Are you so irresistible or maybe having wild imaginations?

Old 11-22-2018, 01:09 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I’m gonna share a funny story about the security guard at my job.

He is older than I am and always super friendly. Says hi, calls the elevator for me, holds open the door, compliments me on my outfit, etc.

One day I am walking by, the usual chatter happens and he goes “Jade, I want to tell you something.”

Me: sure (thinking in my head uh oh)
Him: I just have to tell you the reason I am so friendly to you. But let me preface this by saying I have been happily married for 20 years.
Me: I assumed you are friendly and chatty
Him: I am, but that’s not why. I am nice to you because I think you are pretty. Just wanted to let you know. Have a good day.

So OP - he could want your business. Or he is a flirt. Or he thinks you are cute or for nothing else than chatting with a cute person.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:14 AM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recco View Post
He has complimented my smile, my shoes and has says "you always look nice." He is also a bit touchy feely. How can I figure out if he is hitting on me? He is around my age, in case it matters.
What sort of Dr is this? Are these general consultations or something that requires him to be "touchy feely"? A casual touch on the shoulder before starting a procedure may just be to put you at ease. There is a male nurse practitioner at my GP's practice who does this but it's easy to see that it isn't personal. A touch that lingers when it's no longer necessary might be different. Compliments like the ones you described are fairly non-specific and may just be ice-breaker conversation. You could say them to pretty much anyone. If he'd said you look hot and keeps getting more and more specific over time, well, that's different.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
What sort of Dr is this? Are these general consultations or something that requires him to be "touchy feely"? A casual touch on the shoulder before starting a procedure may just be to put you at ease. There is a male nurse practitioner at my GP's practice who does this but it's easy to see that it isn't personal. A touch that lingers when it's no longer necessary might be different. Compliments like the ones you described are fairly non-specific and may just be ice-breaker conversation. You could say them to pretty much anyone. If he'd said you look hot and keeps getting more and more specific over time, well, that's different.
I’m guessing her gynecologist.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recco View Post
There's a simple solution here: get a new doctor. Problem solved. He shouldn't be flirting with his patients; he knows that. Even if (hypothetically) he were interested in a relationship, how would you know he's not doing the same with other patients? Is that the kind of situation you'd want to be involved with?

This is ridiculous, OP, If you want a relationship, get out and start circulating. Develop your social life. Don't look for liaisons in inappropriate contexts. And yes, get a new doctor.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Whoa that would be interesting... especially after just having stuffed a turkey I couldn’t imagine a gynecologist and having those types of thoughts on top of it.

I’d just be running for the sink and purell ASAP.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It doesn't have to be that personal to get skeeved out by a male doctor. The dermatologist I saw a few months ago had me disrobe in front of him (with no support staff in the exam room), offered no disposable gown or even a paper drape. He is the first male doctor I agreed to go to for over ten years now, and instant regret. I flat out refuse to see male doctors of any sort anymore.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Get a new doctor, that’s inappropriate.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:32 PM

52,250 posts, read 52,668,250 times
What is if he said, "Nice jugs, honey..."

Would that fly????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.