Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:39 AM

279 posts, read 593,603 times

Advertisements

We broke up a long time ago and I recently Googled him and found a few photos. I don't know how recent the photos are, but I would guess that they're from the last 5 years or so. Anyway, he looks great. Not to say that he was bad looking when we were dating, but he looks a lot better now. He never used to smile on photos when we were dating because he had braces back then, but now his teeth are perfect and he has a beautiful smile that I never knew he had. It actually made me cry when I saw his new photos compared to our old photos together because I can tell that he's much more confident and happy these days. I've never been able to find any social media accounts of his, so it's been almost 10 years since I've seen a photo of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 PM

587 posts, read 423,800 times
It's been at least 10 years ago and you are still thinking about him. Did he break up with you?
Are you not single now and if so, does the other know you are thinking about & googling your ex?

Old 12-07-2018, 12:08 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
Why are you taking a trip down memory lane? Did it end badly? Do you have regrets?

Old 12-07-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
It's been at least 10 years ago and you are still thinking about him. Did he break up with you?
Are you not single now and if so, does the other know you are thinking about & googling your ex?
I broke up with him because our relationship was not working out. I am currently single. I was just curious about whether his looks had deteriorated since we broke up, but on the contrary, they have improved.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
I broke up with him because our relationship was not working out. I am currently single. I was just curious about whether his looks had deteriorated since we broke up, but on the contrary, they have improved.
You were hoping he looks worse, but he looks better than you expected and now you regret
You wonder if there's someone else in his life too, I'm sure. Well it's been at least a decade.

I find guys generally look best as they get into their LATE 20s until late 30s then...

Old 12-07-2018, 12:19 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
I google my exs on occasion. I must say I am sometimes shocked how time has taken its toll. But it has done the same to me.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Why are you taking a trip down memory lane? Did it end badly? Do you have regrets?
No, I wouldn't say that it ended badly, but it wasn't a great relationship. I just wonder about people from my past from time to time, not just him. No one else here ever Googles exes??
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
You were hoping he looks worse, but he looks better than you expected and now you regret
You wonder if there's someone else in his life too, I'm sure. Well it's been at least a decade.

I find guys generally look best as they get into their LATE 20s until late 30s then...
I already know that he's married with kids, so I don't wonder about that. He was 24 the last time I saw him and now he's 33. I wouldn't say that I was hoping that he would look worse. I just wasn't expecting him to look better! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I google my exs on occasion. I must say I am sometimes shocked how time has taken its toll. But it has done the same to me.
Ok good, glad it's not just me. I think I look mostly the same as I did when we were dating, but maybe I was slightly more attractive back then.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
I already know that he's married with kids, so I don't wonder about that. He was 24 the last time I saw him and now he's 33. I wouldn't say that I was hoping that he would look worse. I just wasn't expecting him to look better! lol

Ok good, glad it's not just me. I think I look mostly the same as I did when we were dating, but maybe I was slightly more attractive back then.
I googled and facebook'd high school and college peers recently and many of them look worse, but many of the guys who I remember in their early 20s now look better (in their early 30s). Something about male features looking better with maturity or something like that. Though many look worse (gained weight, etc) too.

The women, most looked better in their early 20s, than now (early 30s), many have settled down with kids so the attention to looks may have went down a few notches.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
It's everyone. The Internet can be a gateway to nostalgia. Or a chamber of horrors depending on your intent.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:36 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
It's everyone. The Internet can be a gateway to nostalgia. Or a chamber of horrors depending on your intent.
This is great.

The reason why I asked why you taking a trip down memory lane is because I wanted to know if you were happy in this season in your life. Are you happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships