Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:56 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times

Advertisements

I think you’re looking for Chore Boy Weenie. He won’t stand up for himself, always defers to your wants, and has a decent job to help pitch in financially. He’ll sit in the garage with you when you feel like drinking out there, but not talk— just listen and nod.

List that in your OLD profile, you might surprise yourself!
Good luck 👍

ETA: I’m not even kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 09:08 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am so over hearing that statement in relationships. And they can’t tell you why... or they have a list and their happiness is dependent on me changing.

Not going to happen. Yes this is who I am. Yes, I suck at making someone feel needed. If you are dependent on me bringing you happiness, you will be disappointed. Yes I have kids. And they will be more important than you. Yes I have pets. They are also towards the top of my priority list. No I do not cook. I have not starved at any point in the last forty years, so no it is not a problem.

Anyone else about over hearing “I am unhappy”? What was the resolution? Or is it always just to assume your not compatible and move on?
Why should someone want to be with you when theres no chance of them gaining importance in your crowded life, AND you cant cook?

Old 12-12-2018, 09:10 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
I went through that with my exwife. She wasn't happy. One of many things is I didn't do anything to fix the house. The reason why? Every time I said we need to get some item to fix something, like a gallon of paint, some lumber, etc, she came back with "we can't. We can't afford it right now" How can I fix something if I can't buy what I need?

This is what I think the real problem was. When we met, she was still living with her parents and attending a community college about a half hour away. Then she married me. Then she became a mother, which she loved being. But (I'll call her Jane) Jane said she went from Joe and Jen's daughter, to my husband, to our sons' mother. But she never had a chance to be "just Jane". She wanted to see if she could actually make it as herself. She said as she left the lawyer's office where she filed for divorce, she felt like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders. Said she slept better that night than she had in a long time.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 PM

720 posts, read 705,855 times
Quote:
I am so over hearing that statement in relationships. And they can’t tell you why... or they have a list and their happiness is dependent on me changing.

Not going to happen. Yes this is who I am. Yes, I suck at making someone feel needed. If you are dependent on me bringing you happiness, you will be disappointed. Yes I have kids. And they will be more important than you. Yes I have pets. They are also towards the top of my priority list. No I do not cook. I have not starved at any point in the last forty years, so no it is not a problem.

Anyone else about over hearing “I am unhappy”? What was the resolution? Or is it always just to assume your not compatible and move on?
I was unhappy once in my life, that's why I am now single and Happy...

Old 12-12-2018, 10:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:

Happy is overrated. Happy is an emotional response where one should be experiencing anger fear sadness remorse and satisfaction to some extent on a regular basis.

I tend to find that people solely focused on being happy are way to self absorbed for me to bond with.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
When you're not happy single, and you're not happy with someone , then you have to look to the common denominator
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-13-2018, 05:27 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
I mean dependent is going too far, but I'm assuming most mates want to feel needed and be made happy by their partner. And any good mate will understand your kids are at least tied for first, but would expect to be placed above Fido in the pecking order.

I hear you tho. I can come off as cold and distant too. Reminds me of that line by Matt Damon in The Departed. Paraphrasing..."I'm Irish, we'll deal with something until we die". Are you Irish? I am (partially anyway). Lol!
95% Irish ☘️.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Low on Luck, I, unlike many.....most...on here have understood a lot of where you're coming from and even though what you say you want and need , you do express in ways that make you sound totally unreasonable
One thing that probably comes across in real life, as it does on here, is your resistance to be at all flexible.
Going only by what you put on here, it appears that you accept man after man in your life but have never sounded like you actually cared enough for them to do any compromising....more like letting them in for a probationary period like an employer would do and then 'they' decide they don't want the job.
Build it and they will come was a movie line.
In general I am not compromising on important things but that has served me well over the years. For the non important like “where are we eating for dinner?” Decide away...

I broke up with in guy because he wanted to buy and live in a horrible house in a bad location. I was tired of fighting with him. It was like he deliberately picked every bad choice. I just went and bought a good house by myself and said this is where I am living. You can join or not. Ultimately he chose to not. So no, I am not going to compromise when it would not be a good decision for me.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When you're not happy single, and you're not happy with someone , then you have to look to the common denominator
I am happy until they pull this “I am not happy” crap. Like where does it come from? I get up everyday and choose to be happy. I live a simple life. Work hard when I have to. Make time for me. Eat well. Drink responsibly.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Well...what do you bring to the table? How do you contribute to the relationship?

Maybe you are not a relationship person.

Maybe you can only focus on your kid's needs.

It it what it is.
I pay the bills, provide a roof over our heads, some coddling and emotional support. Isn’t that enough?

I make myself happy. I certainly don’t look towards a mate to make me happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships