Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 06:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times

Advertisements

The discussions about this on social media are fascinating. There are two camps; entitlement to fidelity and fidelity earned. I'm with the latter.

In a nutshell, marital problems started 3 years before the discovery, they went to counseling and it wasn't working. Records of sugaring only went back a year. By her own account, he was an exceptional husband and father. She owns her role in the demise of the marriage, but she is appalled that he cheated. I don't see how she can escape her role in the latter.

Thoughts?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0de86f49d5cf8

Old 12-31-2018, 07:07 AM

378 posts, read 229,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The discussions about this on social media are fascinating. There are two camps; entitlement to fidelity and fidelity earned. I'm with the latter.

In a nutshell, marital problems started 3 years before the discovery, they went to counseling and it wasn't working. Records of sugaring only went back a year. By her own account, he was an exceptional husband and father. She owns her role in the demise of the marriage, but she is appalled that he cheated. I don't see how she can escape her role in the latter.

Thoughts?

[url]https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/husband-cheating-sugar-daddy_us_5b61f14de4b0de86f49d5cf8[/url]
I guess marriage vows don't mean

Old 12-31-2018, 07:28 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreams2013 View Post
I guess marriage vows don't mean
Right?

OP where is the part about “fidelity earned “? I didn’t see it in the article. And that is a bunch of BS, by the way.

You promise to be faithful but you deal with problems. They obviously didn’t do that.

There are a lot of problems with the article, too. It glosses over so much; it sounds like one of those first-time CD posts.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
There's a lot about the story I don't find believable. It DOES read like some of the troll OP's here on C-D; kind of full of cliches, and elements that don't make sense. He was charging his visits to sugar daddy sites to his CC, but gave his wife the password to his CC account online? And had other gift charges on there, that weren't gifts to anyone in the family (but was ok giving her the password to all this CC activity)?

And what were they fighting about so much? If he was "an exceptional husband and father", what were the fights about? He gave her a cooler for Christmas? Not believable, especially for someone deemed an "exceptional" husband. Though I could see how that might cause a fight. I wonder what she got him, that Christmas.

I couldn't get very far in the story. It sounded made-up.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:46 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times
Quote:

Thoughts?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0de86f49d5cf8
Why didn't he just end the marriage so that he could do as he wished without resorting to deceiving his family? I don't have much respect for dishonest people who want to keep the benefits of both a committed relationship and an affair.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:02 AM

I also would have won a million-dollar bet that they lived in Silicon Valley

Old 12-31-2018, 08:30 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Yeahhhhh....noooooo. I'm not going to pretend to be a cool chick and side with a guy like this woman's husband. If he was so dissatisfied why didn't he file for divorce? That says it all that he wanted his cake and to eat it too.

If he has money for a chick on the side then he has money for a divorce and that's exactly what he'll be paying for. Buh bye!

Old 12-31-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's a lot about the story I don't find believable. It DOES read like some of the troll OP's here on C-D; kind of full of cliches, and elements that don't make sense. He was charging his visits to sugar daddy sites to his CC, but gave his wife the password to his CC account online? And had other gift charges on there, that weren't gifts to anyone in the family (but was ok giving her the password to all this CC activity)?

And what were they fighting about so much? If he was "an exceptional husband and father", what were the fights about? He gave her a cooler for Christmas? Not believable, especially for someone deemed an "exceptional" husband. Though I could see how that might cause a fight. I wonder what she got him, that Christmas.

I couldn't get very far in the story. It sounded made-up.
If you couldn't get very far, how is there a lot that isn't believable? Maybe it doesn't make sense because you haven't read much and have already formed your opinion? Their story isn't unique. There are lots of married men on these sites.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Right?

OP where is the part about “fidelity earned “? I didn’t see it in the article. And that is a bunch of BS, by the way.
The part about fidelity earned wasn't in the article. I clearly stated that was one of the two camps discussing the article. See?

Quote:
Quote:
You promise to be faithful but you deal with problems. They obviously didn’t do that.
They did. Did you read the article? Or are you just here to preach?

Quote:
There are a lot of problems with the article, too. It glosses over so much
It appears to be you glossing over a bunch. I get it, infidelity makes you angry, but if you're not interested in the details, why bother with this discussion?

Old 12-31-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:

The part about fidelity earned wasn't in the article. I clearly stated that was one of the two camps discussing the article. See?
I would love to see some links to that, or quotes, since it's really the most inflammatory part of your post.

Quote:

Did you read the article?
Yes, unfortunately.

Quote:

Or are you just here to preach?

It appears to be you glossing over a bunch. I get it, infidelity makes you angry...
Who's preaching now? LOL

Quote:

... but if you're not interested in the details, why bother with this discussion?
I am VERY interested in the details. But this article doesn't offer that. It offers some incendiary stereotypes and a Pinterest-quote style description of how she dealt with the divorce.

Seriously. She's a travels to East Africa all the time to run a non-profit but then suddenly she also teaches yoga? Huh? She also runs this non-profit but hadn't made a spreadsheet in over 20 years???

There were obviously serious problems in this marriage, but the bottom line is that two people living in the same household don't make a relationship.

Anyone who thinks fidelity is supposed to be earned shouldn't go near a committed relationship of any kind. And the editor in me can't stomach this National Enquirer type of writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.