Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 03:51 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,883,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You had to throw that in there because I hit a nerve. I could say you respond the way you do because you like to freeload off men but throwing jabs here and there doesn’t really add anything to someone’s opinion.
A generosity women like you don’t offer because “men beat us to it”.
Calling me a troll when you are the one that starts with “had a bad weekend”. Like I have said before, its cultural differences, that’s all.
Rearranging words and making up stories, that's why I said ''like a troll."

I gave an example of when the man grabbed the check and insisted on paying. There have been times I have paid, there have been times we both paid. The fact that you just get triggered by men paying for anything does not have anything to do with my answer. You aren't screeching about women paying or both paying, just fixating on the times it's mentioned that the man paid, as if this should never happen or it is a trick every time. Don't pay if you don't want to.

Try to convince men not to pay for anything. Go on tour. Being mad about women not always paying, isn't productive. You do you, and then wonder if any women reading your words every time you pop up when this discussion occurs think you would be pleasant to go out with. It has nothing to do with money, its' the hostile delusions you have. Maybe there's nothing to lose for you, there are always openings at mgtow if you're so suspicious and turned off by women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 04:06 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,357,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Anxious, of course, that is perfectly understandable. But after they say "yes" that anxiousness becomes excitement and anticipation.

I always look forward to spending time with the person I have asked to join me. If it felt like "work" I wouldn't have asked in the first place.
Count yourself fortunate then. Not everyone experiences things the way you do, though. Almost all of my personal interactions with people are work, and some are fatiguing labor. If I had waited for it to be easy, I'd still be waiting. Can you imagine that? Whoops, I'm sorry, you can't. I'll shed a tear on your behalf.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:22 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Quote:
Now that you got some internet points with the girls tell me why my post is incorrect about bringing in everyday expenses to the reason why someone shouldn't cover their costs. If that sounds angry to you, not sure what to tell ya'.
Ah... one short step away from the ol Mangina and White Knight comments. LOL, buddy, I annoy some of the women regulars here all the time, just ask a few.

Tone, context, and attitude, primarily attitude. A person can make the same points or at least argue from that perspective and they should be able to do it without dripping hostility and resentment.

Again, it's so obvious with you it's actually sort of funny.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,074,686 times
Quote:
Exactly. If a meal is not like someone is paying to rear their child then why not pay for what you order?
You make it sound so transactional. I don't know bud, when I was in dating game, the fact I paid, and I paid every time, was a concern number 39. I was worried about other things....

Old 06-19-2019, 05:25 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ah... one short step away from the ol Mangina and White Knight comments. LOL, buddy, I annoy some of the women regulars here all the time, just ask a few.

Tone, context, and attitude, primarily attitude. A person can make the same points or at least argue from that perspective and they should be able to do it without dripping hostility and resentment.

Again, it's so obvious with you it's actually sort of funny.
This.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,601,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Whoever asked who out.
I’m unsure about posting in this thread, as a U.K. citizen who’s spent quite a lot of time in the U.S., it’s patently obvious to me that you guys seem to be on a different planet to us, at least in the dating dance.
First off, as a married man, I’m no longer “in the life”, so I can only talk about when I was in it.
If I suggested a movie, meeting for a drink, lunch or dinner, that was on me, on the happy occasions that a woman said, “There’s a new French place just opened in Belgravia, want to check it out?” and I agreed, then that was also on me.
It had absolutely nothing to do with thinking, ‘If I pick up the check, she’ll hopefully put out.’
If that happened, it happened, I didn’t look like Frankenstein’s monster, and I was polite.
It never, ever, entered my head that any date would pick up the check, or go Dutch.
As a chivalrous South London guy, who loved women, that was my prerogative.
Of course, there were times when women insisted, “I asked you out, I’m a modern woman, earning my own dough, I’LL GET THE CHECK.”
My momma didn’t raise any fools, I’d sit back and say thanks.
I first visited the U.S. in 1976, to celebrate your 200th birthday, I quickly discovered that I could talk about anything, as it wasn’t my sharp intuitive mind that knocked the girls out, it was my accent, “Say that again Jean, I jest lurve your accent.”
“Gee, do they all talk like you, or only in London?”
I did my best for the Anglo-American alliance, if I said I’d call, then I called, God Bless America.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:00 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Yikes. The issues people have are pretty crazy.... so argumentative and a clear ax to grind.

Adults usually work it out during the date and carry on. I have never had a man tell me that I am using them for a meal (or whatever). EVER.
So I guess it makes it right I suppose to leech off men then. It's not even a gesture to pay for what you order. It's the adult thing to do. Just showing up to a date is not a gesture.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I frown upon the idea of a woman feeling entitled to men doing all the work in dating, paying for everything and so on. I don't appreciate these "we never talk about this but totally expect you to step up and do it" assumptions…having this ASSUMPTION that any man should pay for a date or any woman should enjoy cooking and cleaning, is what's sexist. The "there's only one correct way for a man/woman to behave" thing is sexist, and it's BS
You are probably the only female poster around here who thinks this way. Nice.

Quote:
Hell, the guy I was having a fling with for a while, I invited him to dinner at a very nice (and expensive) steak place and I told him it was my treat and I paid for both of us. I had a feeling things were winding down between us, and I was right, and I wanted to express my gratitude for the good times we'd had together
There you go. I like how you say you wanted to express your gratitude. That’s what happened to me with the story I shared. She was happy to go out and nobody twisted her arm therefore she felt the right thing to do was contribute to something she was as much part of as I was instead of feeling entitled simply because she was a woman or because I was the one that thought about going out or whatever.

It is nothing new to see how women still prefer to have men do all the work. There may be some exceptions out there somewhere like you of course. Many men knowing that this is still what women prefer don’t want to risk not getting a second date, be seen as unmanly, and so on so they go ahead and fulfill what is expected from them. Like you said, gender expectations are sexist. Many women will raise their fist to the air against men expecting women to cook and clean and I would raise my fist with them but funny thing is they won’t do the same when it comes to male gender expectations.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I find it perplexing that some people feel that asking someone out on a date is "a lot of work". They make it sound like making plans to spend a couple of hours with someone is on par with digging ditches in 100 degree weather. Initiating a dinner date or asking someone for coffee is so much WORK! LOL. Cry me a river.

The victim mentality is strong here.
Exactly. That’s why I don’t get why women don’t do these things. You are right.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Rearranging words and making up stories, that's why I said ''like a troll."
Making up stories simply because they don’t go with your argument, oh ok.

Quote:
Being mad about women not always paying, isn't productive
Having an opinion doesn’t make someone mad. If I was with an American who felt entitled then I wouldn’t be dating happily. I could also say you are mad simply because we disagree so there is no need to bring drama where it is not needed. It’s simply opinions. You have yours, I have mine. That’s it.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with money, its' the hostile delusions you have
“Hostile” simply because I point out a double-standard, huh? Alright then.

Quote:
Maybe there's nothing to lose for you, there are always openings at mgtow if you're so suspicious and turned off by women.
Naaah. I haven’t dated American girls for a while so I am good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships