Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:04 AM

651 posts, read 407,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Actually, that’s what I was thinking, believe it or not.
I’ve never read of a guy’s profile requesting: “passionate SJW interested in environmental issues.” This almost sounds like the instructions for ‘what to avoid’ found in a bro-blog out in the manosphere.
Yeah, I dont know about manosphere or man-blogs and whatnot, but I do believe that certain relationship dynamics are inherent in people. Personalities are very important and whenever people talk about confidence, there is always a fine line between that and arrogance/inflated ego.

I can say one thing with certainty - no man actually likes a b..tch. And I am not referring to the OP here at all, but its something thats worth to keep in mind in principle.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:10 AM

3,145 posts, read 1,602,619 times
Quote:
^^Exactly.

Also- one who describes themself as passionate about environmental issues, SJW, and a strong independent woman should probably try an OLD site that doesn’t have the image of an old white Christian guy at the forefront*. You really aren’t looking for a trump supporter.

Just IMO. (Backed by statistics. )

*https://today.yougov.com/topics/cons...tical-leanings
Agree with this. You have a nitch interest and, if you are passionate about it, you should own it. You do need to target places and activities that attract people with similar environmental interest. I don't know where you reside but I have found many people who have environmental passion reside in areas with abundant natural resources. I think the demographic OLD site is helpful and don't know if any other OLD site would be better suited to you.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Yeah, I dont know about manosphere or man-blogs and whatnot, but I do believe that certain relationship dynamics are inherent in people. Personalities are very important and whenever people talk about confidence, there is always a fine line between that and arrogance/inflated ego.

I can say one thing with certainty - no man actually likes a b..tch. And I am not referring to the OP here at all, but its something thats worth to keep in mind in principle.
Agreed, yet many end up with what others may describe as a b..tch.
One thing is for certain, none of the men obsessed with getting #metoo’ed (who don’t even date in the first place) are bothering her.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-23-2019 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:13 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
I am very passionate about many issues like the environment and social justice movements....
That could be the problem. Could you really be a fanatical left wing SJW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post

So why are we all still single? I'm pretty sure it's because divorced men are reeaaallly reluctant to get into what they see as an entanglement. A relationship of any kind is a real challenge for them.

A lot of men are going MGTOW.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
That could be the problem. Could you really be a fanatical left wing SJW?

A lot of men are going MGTOW.
That’s why an agenda isn’t necessarily obvious here, she could be. I live in a very liberal area, when I first moved here, I recorded the rally/march of environmentalists parading down the busy street below me. (Just for laughs to send back to my mining industry friends). I could actually be friends with or working with this woman, and I would tell her what VanMalton advises in essence: “Don’t lead with that, or you’re going to scare ‘em off.”

Otherwise, she’s just going to have to wait it out, for however many more dateless months, for a match.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:32 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
"I am passionate about the environment and social justice issues"...... Mod cut., i am going to take a shot in the dark here and say she is very opinionated on at least these topics (which would make me run) and probably more.

Also, she likes museums which is usually a red flag for me personally also. If she had said museums and wine tasings both, that would be another run for the hills with me. Lol.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-23-2019 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:51 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
I honestly don't know what to tell the OP. I myself would run when I hear the term social justice. My experience and what I've seen of them... (Well, what I've seen is worse than what I've experienced, but...I can't say anymore).

Old 07-23-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I agree with Bearsdad on the social justice issues, but not on museums or wine tastings. I'd be fine with those. If she's extremely liberal and vocal about it, I'd be turned off.
IMO, if a guy is extremely anything, it’s a turn-off. If the poster reads the comments here, she will know she’s avoided those who wouldn’t want to date her, except the one who’s less into stereotypes.

It’s just as easy for some women to say: “He’s very conservative, and so that must mean he’s anti-woman, except for sex which is all she’s worth to some like this.” It’s bizarre that this woman will slowly be pushed into the description of “feminist man-hating camp” shortly, by men who don’t have much respect for her views, which are not inherently/or in anyway suggestive of anti-men.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:00 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
IMO, if a guy is extremely anything, it’s a turn-off. If the poster reads the comments here, she will know she’s avoided those who wouldn’t want to date her, except the one who’s less into stereotypes.

It’s just as easy for some women to say: “He’s very conservative, and so that must mean he’s anti-woman, except for sex which is all she’s worth to some like this.” It’s bizarre that this woman will slowly be pushed into the “feminist man-hating camp” shortly, by men who don’t have much respect for her views, which are not inherently/or in anyway suggestive of anti-men.
Interesting that some view conservative as anti-woman, except for sex. Wow, learn something new everyday. Not to get off on politics, as I really dislike the polarization we find ourselves in today. I view every woman as a unique individual, so it would really depend on what she specifically believes in and how extreme it appeared to me.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:02 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:

It’s just as easy for some women to say: “He’s very conservative, and so that must mean he’s anti-woman, except for sex which is all she’s worth to some like this.” It’s bizarre that this woman will slowly be pushed into the “feminist man-hating camp” shortly, by men who don’t have much respect for her views, which are not inherently suggesting anti-men.
Yeah, anyone on the extreme, I would find them to be a turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships