Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 01:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
The woman gets to decide what behavior from which person is appropriate or not. She is allowed to set her boundaries where ever she wants, and she is allowed to move her boundaries where ever...and whenever...she wants.
Um. Yah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:13 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
May I post this to my social media, please?
Of course. Thanks.
Quote:
If someone has that "tendency", that person is the LCD (lowest common denominator), and it would be wise to examine how "unfair" those accusations are.
That too, and if some things that weren't fair happened at work with a vindictive attention seeking co-worker who was a female, it may make a guy pause and reflect on his actions at work to make sure nothing he was doing was out of line. He did that, wasn't proven to be at fault. After that, now is it logical to project that into the dating world and view women all the same? "I can't approach in a romantic relationship sense because...MeToo one time one lady out of alllll ladies did something to me. And she was proven wrong. At work."

What about all of the ladies you have tried to ask out who weren't at work and weren't crazy, what is your model for considering the statics there? All of them? 50%? Or just don't go there because you're afraid, know it's not justified, so....wimmenz.

Quote:
Um. Yah.
Um, yeah, we are not in a contract that cannot be broken.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:38 PM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
Um. Yah.
Um yah no, VERY incorrect the Law determines it! If somebody says "Hi, good morning you wanna grab sone coffee?" The askee, who may be angered or triggered by an earlier experience that happened many years ago, does NOT get to say "i've just been assaulted/harrassed!", if that did NOT actually occur. These are actual prosecutable felonies.

Also, MOST people will never go along with the mindset that simply asking sonebody out because you find them physically attractive is felonious sexual harrassment (that argument has also been advocated for in this thread).

Old 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Um yah no, VERY incorrect the Law determines it! If somebody says "Hi, good morning you wanna grab sone coffee?" The askee, who may be angered or triggered by an earlier experience that happened many years ago, does NOT get to say "i've just been assaulted/harrassed!", if that did NOT actually occur. These are actual prosecutable felonies.

Also, MOST people will never go along with the mindset that simply asking sonebody out because you find them physically attractive is felonious sexual harrassment (that argument has also been advocated for in this thread).
None of that made sense. There’s no Man’s Jail For Guys Who Talked About Coffee. Do you not understand the burden of proof? The definition of harassment? It seems like some want to share their paranoid view as if it were logical, even if all if that truly makes sense to you, you’re only hurting yourself by having that in your head.

It does not in any way hurt the women around you if you don’t ask them out KNOWING those things are going on in your head.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:30 PM

1,246 posts, read 825,089 times
Quote:
Which shows why the Tom Brady sketch is ironically accurate. The woman gets to decide what behavior from which person is appropriate or not. She is allowed to set her boundaries where ever she wants, and she is allowed to move her boundaries where ever...and whenever...she wants. If she thinks that even Tom Brady's most boorish advances are fine, but that Fred Armisan is a creep for expressing his interest...then so be it, that's her choice to make. It's what I've been saying all along...if a woman likes you and is interested in you, you're good to ask her out in pretty much any situation, and if she doesn't, you're imposing on her at best and harassing her at worst. She gets to decide, not you.
It takes two to tango. The same applies to both sexes - men more often do the asking out, to be sure, but the principle cuts both ways.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:55 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Quote:
I've thought that way before...hell, I've felt that way before, such as being avoided by women my age at a dance party while they sought out the good-looking guys instead (I had no problem with getting older ladies to dance, and I was happy to dance with them and have fun, but younger women would stay away from me in between songs, and one who I did manage to ask bowed out before the end of the song).

Which shows why the Tom Brady sketch is ironically accurate. The woman gets to decide what behavior from which person is appropriate or not. She is allowed to set her boundaries where ever she wants, and she is allowed to move her boundaries where ever...and whenever...she wants. If she thinks that even Tom Brady's most boorish advances are fine, but that Fred Armisan is a creep for expressing his interest...then so be it, that's her choice to make. It's what I've been saying all along...if a woman likes you and is interested in you, you're good to ask her out in pretty much any situation, and if she doesn't, you're imposing on her at best and harassing her at worst. She gets to decide, not you.
So IOW, you know how the not-"hot" women feel? Because this is precisely how men act, too.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
I’ve never known anyone to pick up a woman this way. You’d have to have serious game, and be getting obvious flirting signals from the woman. Also, as others have indicated, she’s at work, so if she’s busy she may not appreciate you trying to talk to her unless she’s really attracted to you. Basically, you need to get good vibes and then have some good small talk ready, and she has to be free (not talking to co-workers or busy working). Lots of stars need to align....

Old 07-28-2019, 07:49 PM

And her boyfriend can’t be working next to her, you’ll have to know that, too— so, just no, not a stranger working.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:55 PM

728 posts, read 472,182 times
This isn't tv, this won't work out. You'll make her uncomfortable.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:06 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
It worked for the Taxi Driver

Travis Visits Betsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKE_B4jMF5Q
Lol that would work great. Go up to her and say "would you like to have pie and coffee with me? the reason I ask is that I've been watching you sell these appliances and you don't look like a happy person." (incredibly uncomfortable pause) "See, I think you are a very lonely person and need a friend. I could be that friend."

I think the next word out of her mouth would be "SECURITY!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships