Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 04:09 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn_axv6eoOw

Old 08-26-2019, 04:12 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readrbuff2018 View Post
just my opinion, blind people don't get the chance to see what people look like. they go on feelings and I would imagaine how they feel about the person.

I would imagine blind people judge weather the the person is worthy of their attention by gut feeling.

it has been my belief that 10s go with 10s 5s go with 5s and ones go with ones. you hardly ever see a very attractive person with a not so attractive person am I right?

my feeling is not what is on the outside that helps judge a person of value. its the way a person acts towards me or in society

beautiful looking people can be so ugly inside. mean violent, etc.... do they kick the cat when walking in the door or do they bend down to pet the cat. see what I mean. looks mean nothing or should mean nothing but sadly that isn't the way in life. trust me I know im only a 4 at most. men don't want no part of me even tho im clean, well mannered, dress nice, hygene is on target, I bathe daily and oral hygene is normal too.
I always felt if I was better looking more men would look my way. trust me I tried dating sites and the good looking women are the women that got all the hits. sadly I couldn't even attract average looking men. I once set up a profile on a dating site. (one you pay for) with no pic, would start a conversation it would go to phone and only after we formed a friendship online did I send them my pic....

I learned then that looks matter. I wouldn't hear from then again. I told them after talking with them on phone and in texts that once you see my pic I wont hear from you again due to this being a pattern, they would say, oh no I like you to much for that to happen.... well I send the pic and like all the others they stop texting and calling... I figured out that looks matter not that I take care of myself. that I have good morals and values. means nothing in todays world. im have grown use to this and know that its just the way the world is sadly,
being a 4 on the outside and a 100% on the inside but im happy being alone now. I have accepted that I will be alone for the short time I have left in my world. I have stage 4 kidney cancer so its just a matter of time now as I go through my 2nd go around with my cancer.
such is life...……………..
I'm sad to hear about your excellence in OLD. I would suggest putting your picture online, and be upfront about your looks the same way as you are with your personality. Hoping your treatment (if you're taking any) brings you benefit.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:27 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readrbuff2018 View Post
just my opinion, blind people don't get the chance to see what people look like. they go on feelings and I would imagaine how they feel about the person.

I would imagine blind people judge weather the the person is worthy of their attention by gut feeling.

it has been my belief that 10s go with 10s 5s go with 5s and ones go with ones. you hardly ever see a very attractive person with a not so attractive person am I right?
You'd think right? But I'm finding lesser attractive women still wanting the 10s, and yes men have been known to do the same. I had a female friend try to set me up with a chubby gal. She wasn't all that appealing, but for some reason her facial expressions were cute. Plus she was into the same interests I was into. You COULD say were were equals when it came to looks, because I have my physical flaws too.

I figured that since I've been going to the gym, I'd hold my own. I am not 6 feet tall (5'8") and I'm bald, and I don't have the Henry Cavill jawline. My friend told me to go ahead and message her friend on FB because her friend is looking.

I sent her a message, got no response. Tried again...was still ignored. A few days later, I go to my friend and said, "Hey, you're friend...she isn't responding...something wrong on her end". She told me she wasn't physically attracted, and I go, "Hm, has this woman not weighed herself or looked in a mirror lately?!" She isn't all that either. (When I said "either", meant to say she is my equal in looks).

Oh, and on the "you hardly" part.

Recently, I know a guy that I swear is built like George Costanza, wears the frumpy same outfits, even when he goes out. Baggy jeans and polo work shirt and a ball cap. He's got a girlfriend that turns heads. This dudes doesn't trim his nose hairs and has bad breath. Nice guy, but definitely unappealing to the senses. Even HE was surprised that a woman like her, who is a model and professional dancer, would be with him? He himself, claimed himself to be "ugly" and simply got lucky.

I asked someone that knew him and asked, "What does a gorgeous lady like her, see in him?" Answer, "He treats her well".

Well...DUH. LOL Now if all of the other hot women would just appreciate the same thing, they'd wind up with stalky, chubby bald dudes I suppose. j/k

my feeling is not what is on the outside that helps judge a person of value. its the way a person acts towards me or in society

beautiful looking people can be so ugly inside. mean violent, etc.... do they kick the cat when walking in the door or do they bend down to pet the cat. see what I mean. looks mean nothing or should mean nothing but sadly that isn't the way in life. trust me I know im only a 4 at most. men don't want no part of me even tho im clean, well mannered, dress nice, hygene is on target, I bathe daily and oral hygene is normal too.
I always felt if I was better looking more men would look my way. trust me I tried dating sites and the good looking women are the women that got all the hits. sadly I couldn't even attract average looking men. I once set up a profile on a dating site. (one you pay for) with no pic, would start a conversation it would go to phone and only after we formed a friendship online did I send them my pic....

Quote:
I learned then that looks matter. I wouldn't hear from then again. I told them after talking with them on phone and in texts that once you see my pic I wont hear from you again due to this being a pattern, they would say, oh no I like you to much for that to happen.... well I send the pic and like all the others they stop texting and calling... I figured out that looks matter not that I take care of myself. that I have good morals and values. means nothing in todays world. im have grown use to this and know that its just the way the world is sadly,
being a 4 on the outside and a 100% on the inside but im happy being alone now. I have accepted that I will be alone for the short time I have left in my world. I have stage 4 kidney cancer so its just a matter of time now as I go through my 2nd go around with my cancer.
such is life...……………..
The ONLY women that dated me...were either. 1. Told me expressively that they do not care one iota about looks or 2. preferred personality over looks (kind of the same).

That was the only way I was able to score dates with these ladies, is when they told me they simply didn't care about looks. I actually had a woman tell me she avoids very attractive men because they are known to cheat a lot. So somehow me being average llooking worked in my favor there. lol

Old 08-26-2019, 04:47 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I sent her a message, got no response. Tried again...was still ignored. A few days later, I go to my friend and said, "Hey, you're friend...she isn't responding...something wrong on her end". She told me she wasn't physically attracted, and I go, "Hm, has this woman not weighed herself or looked in a mirror lately?!" She isn't all that either. (When I said "either", meant to say she is my equal in looks).
Just because she wasn't attractive doesn't mean you're entitled to a date, she's allowed to be attracted to whomever she is attracted to.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Just because she wasn't attractive doesn't mean you're entitled to a date, she's allowed to be attracted to whomever she is attracted to.
Yes, thanks for stating the obvious ;-) We're not talking dating entitlements... I was replying to the point of whomever I was quoting/replying to and that it made perfect sense.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:07 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
OP, you seem to have a couple of issues that are causing some insecurities that probably come through to the "attractive" women you want to date. You believe your income and financial situation is poor, and your health is poor. If you are too frail to date for another year as you say, why are you worried about dating now? That shouldn't be a concern at al at this point.

Focus on your health, and improving your financial situation, not necessarily to attract women, but for YOU. When you become more comfortable with yourself, you will be more confident, and attractive to them, but more importantly you will have more self respect.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:26 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Yes, thanks for stating the obvious ;-) We're not talking dating entitlements... I was replying to the point of whomever I was quoting/replying to and that it made perfect sense.
Yes, but you made it sound as though she had some nerve being uninterested.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:48 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
You'd think right? But I'm finding lesser attractive women still wanting the 10s, and yes men have been known to do the same. I had a female friend try to set me up with a chubby gal. She wasn't all that appealing, but for some reason her facial expressions were cute. Plus she was into the same interests I was into. You COULD say were were equals when it came to looks, because I have my physical flaws too.

I figured that since I've been going to the gym, I'd hold my own. I am not 6 feet tall (5'8") and I'm bald, and I don't have the Henry Cavill jawline. My friend told me to go ahead and message her friend on FB because her friend is looking.

Oh, and on the "you hardly" part.

Recently, I know a guy that I swear is built like George Costanza, wears the frumpy same outfits, even when he goes out. Baggy jeans and polo work shirt and a ball cap. He's got a girlfriend that turns heads. This dudes doesn't trim his nose hairs and has bad breath. Nice guy, but definitely unappealing to the senses. Even HE was surprised that a woman like her, who is a model and professional dancer, would be with him? He himself, claimed himself to be "ugly" and simply got lucky.

I asked someone that knew him and asked, "What does a gorgeous lady like her, see in him?" Answer, "He treats her well".

Well...DUH. LOL Now if all of the other hot women would just appreciate the same thing, they'd wind up with stalky, chubby bald dudes I suppose. j/k

The ONLY women that dated me...were either. 1. Told me expressively that they do not care one iota about looks or 2. preferred personality over looks (kind of the same).

That was the only way I was able to score dates with these ladies, is when they told me they simply didn't care about looks. I actually had a woman tell me she avoids very attractive men because they are known to cheat a lot. So somehow me being average llooking worked in my favor there. lol
Yeah it’s not like average or unattractive woman are any more receptive to unattractive guys then good looking woman are.

So if I’m gonna get rejected I might as well go after somebody I find attractive.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I think my original post is self explanatory (provided you take what I'm saying at face value and stop looking for hidden meaning.) And I don't mean "uggos" just average looking women.
With 5'8" you are not a 10 either. So I think alot of women lower their standards for you, too. Just sayin.

I would not date a guy who lowers his standards for me. I have had a date who said "I have a weakness for blondes. I am not really into dark hair" There is really no need to point that out to your dark haired date. I sent him home, go find a blonde.

Some other guys have pointed out that they are not really into tall women. THE END. There are guys that love my long legs - if you don't appreciate what I have to offer, go find someone else.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:29 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
Why date someone you are not physically attracted to in the 1st place? No....I would not date a man who wasn't attracted to me...& only a doormat with low self esteem would IMO..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships