Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 02:05 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times

Advertisements

No, how would that even be close to being acceptable???

Old 08-23-2019, 02:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I'm a good looking, albeit slightly short (5'8") man, a self-employed architect, but not wealthy. I've only been in love once a long time ago (22 years now,) she was basically the spitting image of late 90s Kelly Brook (and looked like a female me.) Being young and stupid I messed this up as I broke her trust. I've dated multiple women similar to her since then but never fell in love again and I've never once in my life found a woman much less than this physically attractive.

But being older now (though I still look young,) pretty much all good looking women at my age are hard work and high maintenance, so I'm told to "lower my standards." This means dating a woman I've no attraction too. I've tried dating "average" looking women twice in the past, there was a good emotional connection both times and we got on well (both women treated me far better) but no love, I had no physical attraction to them at all and I hated having sex with both. So should I even consider this? The first one I dated remarked I'd never fall in love with her, and she went back to her previous boyfriend.
Um....pardon my obtuseness, but if you hated having sex with them, why did you do it? You had the option not to, you know. Are you still f-ing them, even though you supposedly hate it?

Old 08-23-2019, 02:23 PM

236 posts, read 128,056 times
Quote:
I'm a good looking, albeit slightly short (5'8") man.
You say this A LOT.

Post pics and back it up then. Take a lot of selfies in real time, too, of you on the keyboard with "City Data-R" on the screen to show you're not faking. You're either fooling yourself, or trolling for entertainment.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:15 PM

651 posts, read 408,078 times
Quote:
I'm a good looking, albeit slightly short (5'8") man, a self-employed architect, but not wealthy. I've only been in love once a long time ago (22 years now,) she was basically the spitting image of late 90s Kelly Brook (and looked like a female me.) Being young and stupid I messed this up as I broke her trust. I've dated multiple women similar to her since then but never fell in love again and I've never once in my life found a woman much less than this physically attractive.

But being older now (though I still look young,) pretty much all good looking women at my age are hard work and high maintenance, so I'm told to "lower my standards." This means dating a woman I've no attraction too. I've tried dating "average" looking women twice in the past, there was a good emotional connection both times and we got on well (both women treated me far better) but no love, I had no physical attraction to them at all and I hated having sex with both. So should I even consider this? The first one I dated remarked I'd never fall in love with her, and she went back to her previous boyfriend.
I hear you there, sir. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I don't think it is something that could be done practically. After all, we either find someone attractive or we do not, so there is no way around that part. Last time I figured I would settle for an average girl did not really work out in the long term

I find many women attractive in everyday life, but they are never single. Personally, I dont think it is worthwhile trying to make things work with someone who you dont feel the "spark" for.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:17 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hopefully OP has at least enough sense not to verbalize the fact he doesn’t find the women attractive out loud in front of them.
SEEMS like it'd be difficult to get them in bed if it WAS the case, I would think.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:20 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So you’re in your mid 40’s and want a college age model and won’t accept anything else?
Aim high baby......Aim high for that box of choc-lets

Old 08-23-2019, 03:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
SEEMS like it'd be difficult to get them in bed if it WAS the case, I would think.
Some guys are good characters and some guys beat their stick to feet. Not that difficult to have sex with someone your not attracted to. I just wouldn’t be able to do it myself.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So you’re in your mid 40’s and want a college age model and won’t accept anything else?
Mmmm...yeah! Is there a problem?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
I think it's okay for a man in his 40s to date women in their 20s, as long as you understand they aren't going to be where you are at financially. People who are half your age will earn about half what you do. They may also have different interests.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Americans are fat
It’s hard to work around that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships