Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 01:46 PM

137 posts, read 66,018 times

Advertisements

Here’s a very simple rule that hundred of thousands of women, every year, somehow manage to constantly convince themselves doesn’t apply to them or their situation.

Don’t date married men. Just don’t do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 01:47 PM

14 posts, read 8,168 times
The main that worries me is really not a legal stuff... but his behaviour... i know some people start dating when their divorce isnt finished yet, and maybe I would believe this guy if he wasnt acting so strange... because of all his weird stuff I created his topic...
I must add that he's not very available emotionally... never asks about my thoughts, opinions, hobbies, my past...
Now I am abroad myself just to sort out some medical things and didnt plan to take him or anyone with me as there is no time for sightseeing... so he isnt calling, just texting sometimes, he isnt asking how I am doing, and today he disappeared again. Yesterday he mentioned he had some friends coming over from his country, so maybe his wife is visiting him now?
And also, he never asked about my ex, never tried to find out if I have a partner or a husband, to check my mobile phone...

Old 10-05-2019, 01:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany94 View Post
The main that worries me is really not a legal stuff... but his behaviour... i know some people start dating when their divorce isnt finished yet, and maybe I would believe this guy if he wasnt acting so strange... because of all his weird stuff I created his topic...
I must add that he's not very available emotionally... never asks about my thoughts, opinions, hobbies, my past...
Now I am abroad myself just to sort out some medical things and didnt plan to take him or anyone with me as there is no time for sightseeing... so he isnt calling, just texting sometimes, he isnt asking how I am doing, and today he disappeared again. Yesterday he mentioned he had some friends coming over from his country, so maybe his wife is visiting him now?
And also, he never asked about my ex, never tried to find out if I have a partner or a husband, to check my mobile phone...
Because he is just using you. He doesn't care about you the way you care about him. You're convenient, that's it.

Old 10-05-2019, 01:53 PM

575 posts, read 339,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The OP is the one who asked the question, and she apparently is Euro herself. Besides, most people here are responding to the human factor in her post (deception), not the legal factor.

Yes, there might be a human factor.

But just because that guy isn't yet divorced it doesn't mean he's faking it.
Like me, he is just waiting till court calls him.

Once again, a concrete example - I have been LEGALLY divorcing for 18 months now in Europe and it might take another 10 months of waiting till first court session where it's not guaranteed court will say yes. Meaning another 6+ months for second court session.

It's infuriating to see all the"experts" here instantly write him off.

What if he's like me? I separated from my wife almost 4 years ago, but the legal process is not determined by me.

Then , another common BS constantly spit around here: emotional processing after divorce.

I did that over 2 years ago. I don't have any unprocessed feelings, yet technically we are still married on paper.

What if OP's guy is in same position and doesn't give a flying f*ck about his wife as it's been few years he saw her last time?

Old 10-05-2019, 01:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
Yes, there might be a human factor.

But just because that guy isn't yet divorced it doesn't mean he's faking it.
Like me, he is just waiting till court calls him.

Once again, a concrete example - I have been LEGALLY divorcing for 18 months now in Europe and it might take another 10 months of waiting till first court session where it's not guaranteed court will say yes. Meaning another 6+ months for second court session.

It's infuriating to see all the"experts" here instantly write him off.

What if he's like me? I separated from my wife almost 4 years ago, but the legal process is not determined by me.

Then , another common BS constantly spit around here: emotional processing after divorce.

I did that over 2 years ago. I don't have any unprocessed feelings, yet technically we are still married on paper.

What if OP's guy is in same position and doesn't give a flying f*ck about his wife as it's been few years he saw her last time?
If you read the thread instead of going on a ridiculous emotional tirade and attacking people, you would see that the OP said the guy is still parading around with his wife and acting like the OP doesn't exist. This thread is not about you. If you want to complain about "stupid spoiled Americans" write a blog post or go to another site with that idiotic rhetoric.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Because he is just using you. He doesn't care about you the way you care about him. You're convenient, that's it.
Or, maybe, given how chatty OP is, he knows he doesn't have to even ask and pertinent information will be relayed to him anyways.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
If you read the thread instead of going on a ridiculous emotional tirade and attacking people, you would see that the OP said the guy is still parading around with his wife and acting like the OP doesn't exist. This thread is not about you. If you want to complain about "stupid spoiled Americans" write a blog post or go to another site with that idiotic rhetoric.
Except the Americans here project the legal framework of u.s. onto Europe.

Which is ridiculous, because right in the first post it says they're from Europe.

So, right there, the stereotypical American assumption of a two-week divorce goes out of window.

But of course, that doesn't stop women from attacking him. Of course!

He should have charged, all American style into court with automatic gun and demand to be divorced 18 months before his turn and stepping in front of hundreds of other divorce applications!

Old 10-05-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
This thread is not about you.
You are right. It's not.

Except I am the only one here, who instead of baseless assumptions pulled out of his a*se, actually used a concrete example of how long things can take in Europe.

But, don't let those actual facts get in the way of your cliche "dating married men" fantasy...

Old 10-05-2019, 02:25 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
He is using you for sex. That's all. The family (uncle) probably have the old fashioned double standards about sex, (it is Ok for him to have a mistress)

Old 10-05-2019, 02:26 PM

137 posts, read 66,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
Except the Americans here project the legal framework of u.s. onto Europe.

Which is ridiculous, because right in the first post it says they're from Europe.

So, right there, the stereotypical American assumption of a two-week divorce goes out of window.

But of course, that doesn't stop women from attacking him. Of course!

He should have charged, all American style into court with automatic gun and demand to be divorced 18 months before his turn and stepping in front of hundreds of other divorce applications!
lmao if you think that is how it works in all of the US. In some states you have to be separated for a year before you can even file for divorce.

I am also very sure Polish marriage laws are just the same as Italian and UK laws, in the country of Europe, like the country of Africa and the country Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships