Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 08:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You don't like anti-facists? Uh, a half a million Americans alone died fighting facism in World War II. Some say it was America's finest moment and generation, now it's cool?

Thank you. There is some odd mindsets out there. "Anti facists are the real fascists" and "people fighting racism are the real racists". Fake news land.

People that aren't anti-fascists aren't my type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 02:17 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You don't like anti-facists? Uh, a half a million Americans alone died fighting facism in World War II. Some say it was America's finest moment and generation, now it's cool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Thank you. There is some odd mindsets out there. "Anti facists are the real fascists" and "people fighting racism are the real racists". Fake news land.

People that aren't anti-fascists aren't my type.
Really you're going to compare people today who hide behind soft judicial systems to inflict pain and property damage on others with the people who had to fight actual wars in the 1940s?

My grandfather was in WWII. He lost two brothers in the war and spent a year imprisoned in a labor camp. My grandmother lost one as well. If they were still alive they'd probably vomit at the thought of having their brothers die in their early twenties back then and get compared as some sort of moral equivalent to these hammer and sickle waving activists aka "anti-facists" who risk nothing to be as destructive as they can.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:04 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Really you're going to compare people today who hide behind soft judicial systems to inflict pain and property damage on others with the people who had to fight actual wars in the 1940s?

My grandfather was in WWII. He lost two brothers in the war and spent a year imprisoned in a labor camp. My grandmother lost one as well. If they were still alive they'd probably vomit at the thought of having their brothers die in their early twenties back then and get compared as some sort of moral equivalent to these hammer and sickle waving activists aka "anti-facists" who risk nothing to be as destructive as they can.
Maybe you should have put the term in quotes.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:06 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Maybe you should have put the term in quotes.
Should I?
Is there any actual anti-facists out there who really use the term on themselves?

All I see is <25 year olds who think it's a "heroic struggle" to mask themselves, attack police, throw things into peoples apartments or even break in themselves, spray paint peoples animals, houses etc.
An then tinder/match.com -profiles of women up to 35 who appear to love this behavior.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

Eh, they risk a fair amount, to fight racists and fascist scum.

There are NOT very fine people on each side.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:24 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Should I?
Is there any actual anti-facists out there who really use the term on themselves?

All I see is <25 year olds who think it's a "heroic struggle" to mask themselves, attack police, throw things into peoples apartments or even break in themselves, spray paint peoples animals, houses etc.
An then tinder/match.com -profiles of women up to 35 who appear to love this behavior.
I understood what you meant and to whom you were referring. Similar to people who show up at speaking engagements, restaurants, homes, etc., to scream down and silence the voice of anyone whose opinion they disagree with, and they do this because they're... anti-fascist.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:53 PM

85 posts, read 35,065 times
Deal breakers are subjective, but its interesting to read what everyone else thinks.
My personal deal breakers.

- vegans (sorry real men eat meat, and I also find it sexy when a man cooks meat on the grill.
-male feminists
-extreme introverts. I'm very outgoing, so I like someone who I can go out with.
-someone who doesn't like to engage in active hobbies. I love hiking, camping, ice skating and snowboarding, so I don't want to be with someone who likes to spend his weekends at home in front of the TV
-social justice warriors.

I'm not too picky on the looks if we click, but I have one turn off - bald head, especially if it's not from aging, but shaved. I know it's very subjective and many women find it attractive, but there is something repulsive about that look to me personally.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:56 PM

85 posts, read 35,065 times
Oh I forgot, someone who doesn't drink any alcohol at all. Doesn't need to be a heavy drinker, but if we go to a bar and I get a beer and the guy gets juice, I just feel a bit awkward and self conscious. And how can we not drink wine celebrating anniversaries or on vacation?

Old 01-29-2020, 04:17 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Well my advise is... be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:15 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
LOL while, I also would decline a date with a vegan, I think I would also find it intensely off-putting to be on a date and hear someone say anything about what "real" men or women do.

Hey...there is "farmersonly" out there for farmers to find other farmers to date. I wonder if there is a vegans only dating site? Might be useful, I figure that a connection between a vegan and a non-vegan would be something of a struggle.

Wonder though, how I'd frame the "not my type"ism that I'm thinking of in response to the "real men" comment there...

I think I am most compatible with flexible thinkers who embrace the concept of subjectivity, and don't present their own opinions as though they were rock-solid facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships