Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 05:35 PM

670 posts, read 480,049 times

Advertisements

I hung out 2 times with someone from online dating over a month ago. He was a good guy and I was starting to like him but it seemed he was using me as a backup. He wouldn’t make definite plans and was flakey. I ended up cutting it off and said we want different things. He then messaged me today saying happy Mother’s Day and saying he missed hanging out with me. I said I do too but I want someone more reliable. He just said “okay :-(“. Should I respond to that or ignore and move on ? Was annoyed he msg me because now I am thinking of him again. Why would he msg me again?! Ugh

Last edited by phillygirl123; 05-10-2020 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Post cut off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 06:20 PM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I hung out 2 times with someone from online dating over a month ago. He was a good guy and I was starting to like him but it seemed he was using me as a backup. He wouldn’t make definite plans and was flakey. I ended up cutting it off and said we want different things. He then messaged me today saying happy Mother’s Day and saying he missed hanging out with me. I said I do too but I want someone more reliable. He just said “okay
I'd guess he contacted you because he likes you. But it sounds like you're being difficult.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:31 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I hung out 2 times with someone from online dating over a month ago. He was a good guy and I was starting to like him but it seemed he was using me as a backup. He wouldn’t make definite plans and was flakey. I ended up cutting it off and said we want different things. He then messaged me today saying happy Mother’s Day and saying he missed hanging out with me. I said I do too but I want someone more reliable. He just said “okay :-(“. Should I respond to that or ignore and move on ? Was annoyed he msg me because now I am thinking of him again. Why would he msg me again?! Ugh
When he stopped making definitive plans was it during the pandemic? If so, lots of plans and things started being put on hold, so the whole weirdness of the current times could have been a reason. Maybe he is trying to make a connection again.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
When he stopped making definitive plans was it during the pandemic? If so, lots of plans and things started being put on hold, so the whole weirdness of the current times could have been a reason. Maybe he is trying to make a connection again.
It was but I would see that he would be going places per his online dating miles so it seemed he was dating others. And those were the nights we were supposed to potentially meet up. Should I ask him? I mean his response of “okay ;—( “ also didn’t seem that interested in reconnecting.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:49 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
He just wanted to see if you wanted to hook up. Nothing more. If you’re a mother, you should be responsible enough to ignore him. He wants nothing more than some fun.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:15 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
The question you should be asking is, why did you reply if you're done with this guy? And if you no longer want his company, why do you care why he sent you a message?

(As for why, read the end of your second sentence...)

Old 05-10-2020, 07:22 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
oP, had a very similar scenario.
Do the following:
Move on.
No need to respond to him.
Silence is golden.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
oP, had a very similar scenario.
Do the following:
Move on.
No need to respond to him.
Silence is golden.
It’s tough when you like them !! Had been doing fine and then he msgs again ugh. I had been thinking of him lately too tho.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:52 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Sounds like he had a free moment to text...

Hes not reliable, so nope. Keep it moving.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:23 AM

9 posts, read 3,946 times
Everything depends on your philosophy of romantic partnership, some prefer to prioritize having fun as only point no matter whether he's your backup or you're his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships