Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 09:36 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times

Advertisements

Both you and this guy are just getting out of past relationships--you with your FWB (who was also a former boyfriend); he with his serious ex-girlfriend. Neither of you seem to be in the right headspace for a solid, emotionally healthy relationship. Between that and the fact that you don't seem to be within driving distance of one another, I don't see why you'd want to become involved with this guy, but you do you.

If you just want to have a bit of fun, go ahead. Don't expect more than that from this man, though.

If you want something more out of a potential relationship, you'd do well to "next" this man and find someone who's emotionally available, mature (mature people don't go all high-school-y when it comes to social media), and not all hung up on his ex.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 02-13-2021 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-13-2021, 09:49 AM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyd3390 View Post
I don’t know? So I got here early this morning (he’s out at the store right now). I saw him out the corner of my eye go look at her Instagram story before he headed out.
And you are not on your way to the airport?

Old 02-13-2021, 10:06 AM

123 posts, read 69,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
And you are not on your way to the airport?
Huh? I’m already here.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Huh? I’m already here.
What Threestep was saying is that you should have headed for the door when you saw this man look at his ex's social media. He did it right in front of you when you'd hardly stepped off the plane.

He's not even into you enough to let go of stalking her media pages for Valentine's Day weekend. No doubt he'll be taking his phone into the bathroom with him and constantly checking his phone while you're sleeping or showering, too.

This guy is not relationship material right now. Have fun if that's all that you want from him, but don't get attached.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:11 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Who's he going to be thinking of when he ****s you? I'd be feeling pretty humiliated by now if I were you.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
What Threestep was saying is that you should have headed for the door when you saw this man look at his ex's social media. He did it right in front of you when you'd hardly stepped off the plane.

He's not even into you enough to let go of stalking her media pages for Valentine's Day weekend. No doubt he'll be taking his phone into the bathroom with him and constantly checking his phone while you're sleeping or showering, too.

This guy is not relationship material right now. Have fun if that's all that you want from him, but don't get attached.
So you’re saying he shouldn’t even be checking her social media while I’m here?

Old 02-13-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Becky, he's still hung up on his ex. You're a distraction at best in this scenario and obviously not enough of one to keep him from obsessing over his former girlfriend when you're standing right in front of him.

What are your expectations of this man? Do you just want to get laid this weekend and any other time when it's convenient for both of you (and with you a plane ride away and assuming that you paid for your own flight, I hope that it's damn good sex since you pretty much paid for the privilege) or do you wish to eventually form a serious relationship with him?

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
So you are okay with him cyberstalking his ex while you are there?

So why even ask if he still wants his ex back? It sounds like you are fine with it if he does.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what is being said. If he was over her, he wouldn't be looking at her social media while you are there, very disrespectful, or ever.

Are you really this desperate for a relationship? Value yourself.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who's he going to be thinking of when he ****s you? I'd be feeling pretty humiliated by now if I were you.
You think he’s going to be think of his ex while we have s*x with me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships