Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 08:56 PM

85 posts, read 32,106 times

Advertisements

You have to excuse yourself and tell her " can we have coffee, maybe today or tomorrow morning at so and so time " Or hand her a note ~ you have to take the chance ```

Is there a lady who works there who will make the connection for you ~ that would work smoothly ```

Old 04-26-2021, 08:58 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Didn't the OP already ask a variation of this question before?

He got plenty of advice in that thread, applicable to this situation as well.

How do you go about talking to girls in public?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:59 PM

858 posts, read 681,846 times
I am sure stalking her will impress her!

Old 04-26-2021, 11:10 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,224,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Take 30 seconds to talk to her even if the manager is watching. Ask her if she would go out with you. If she says yes or no, then ask if you can have her phone number. That's how I met my wife. I asked her out on a Thursday and she said no. I asked for her phone number and she said I wouldn't call. I said I would and wrote it down, and called her the next night on Friday, and got a date for Saturday night.
I met my partner when I was at the place where he was a waiter and he dumped a whole tray of drinks on me. He almost broke into tears and told me he would pay for my dry cleaning. I told them it's okay I have someone else giving me a ride so I don't have to drive home smelling like liquor. After we started talking he told me that was just the amount of kindness he needed at that moment.

So the next time I went to the public worked in he was real happy to see me. And I just took a chance to ask him if you wanted to meet up for a late dinner since I was at night shift to work or two I wasn't against eating at 2:00 in the morning when he got off. Can we just hit it off.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:24 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
I am sure stalking her will impress her!
Yeah, although I wouldn't call any of the suggestions here "stalking", I have qualms about trying to sneak an invitation or a request for a number past the supervisors, when there's a clear policy against "fraternizing" with the customers. HOWEVER, in this case, it seems the customer has made friendly overtures, and pretty consistently so, which is different from most situations, where employees repeatedly give a customer unwanted attention, sometimes escalating it, which tends to lose customers for the business.

I'll be curious to learn how all this turns out. I think the most kosher m.o. would be to try an approach off the clock, like taking a book or laptop to the shop on a day off, to hang out during a window of time when she typically comes in, and smile and wave back when she waves. Motion for her to have a seat at your table. Hope for the best. if there's outdoor seating, so much the better; you might be able to catch her before she even goes into the shop.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:43 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, although I wouldn't call any of the suggestions here "stalking", I have qualms about trying to sneak an invitation or a request for a number past the supervisors, when there's a clear policy against "fraternizing" with the customers. HOWEVER, in this case, it seems the customer has made friendly overtures, and pretty consistently so, which is different from most situations, where employees repeatedly give a customer unwanted attention, sometimes escalating it, which tends to lose customers for the business.

I'll be curious to learn how all this turns out. I think the most kosher m.o. would be to try an approach off the clock, like taking a book or laptop to the shop on a day off, to hang out during a window of time when she typically comes in, and smile and wave back when she waves. Motion for her to have a seat at your table. Hope for the best. if there's outdoor seating, so much the better; you might be able to catch her before she even goes into the shop.
He mentioned upthread that the shop is currently only open for takeout.

I would still try to speak to her directly in-store, but not make it obvious what he's doing. Surely it's not unusual for employees speak to the customers.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:03 PM

Is this a small town, or small neighborhood? It's a little surprising the OP hasn't run into her while out and about, outside of work. Though I guess not to many people during the pandemic are out and about much.... I would think, that if she lives or works in his neighborhood, they're bound to cross paths at some point.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:49 PM

111 posts, read 98,416 times
Quote:
Is this a small town, or small neighborhood? It's a little surprising the OP hasn't run into her while out and about, outside of work. Though I guess not to many people during the pandemic are out and about much.... I would think, that if she lives or works in his neighborhood, they're bound to cross paths at some point.
We live in Phoenix, so...not exactly a small town.

I live right by the store, but I have no clue where she lives and works.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That36guy View Post
We live in Phoenix, so...not exactly a small town.

I live right by the store, but I have no clue where she lives and works.
Well, you do have a small clue, in that the shop is convenient to her, possibly on her lunch hour, or on her way in to an afternoon work shift. Not much to go on, but it's something.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:06 PM

111 posts, read 98,416 times
Quote:
Well, you do have a small clue, in that the shop is convenient to her, possibly on her lunch hour, or on her way in to an afternoon work shift. Not much to go on, but it's something.
I mean, I do like the idea of "accidentally" bumping into her at the shop on my days off, but the shop not allowing sitting makes things trickier. And I don't want to just park my car and wait for her to show up. That just gives off major stalker vibes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships