Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 12:55 PM

1,438 posts, read 735,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sure, it seems to sound logical to you - show me some actual studies.

I know exactly what part of a guy's brain is amplified during sex.

I think you've read too much evolutionary psychology. Many guys spend more time taking a crap than to have sex soooooo...yeah, not buying it. And who has sex (or takes a crap) out in the middle of the African grasslands - you wouldn't find SOME kind of cover?
but when taking a crap you can still be aware of your surroundings during sex not so much, it's more like

Zug "hey you 2 look out for that lion"

couple "what lion"

couple "crying and screaming"CROUNCH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Sounds interesting but as I don't have "instant attraction" and don't "fall in love" not sure it would work for me.

Sure I've had plenty of crushes and become intensely attracted once I've gotten to know someone.

But the "instant" thing...not sure I'd even like that.
Then you just have not met that person, but why would you not like it if it happened? it feels great, better than any drug.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:00 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Besides, "instant, extreme mutual attraction" sounds too dramatic. I don't have the energy for that, lol. And it can be very deceptive. That "instant sparks" thing can be a real pitfall.
Yes, agree. I wouldn't trust "instant, extreme" physical attraction as any kind of barometer of a good relationship. I would be super suspicious of the blinders that can cause.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:00 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
I wouldn't do it because frankly I've never had any problem finding that raw animal attraction with people.

I think that strong attraction is actually a distraction if you really want to get to know someone and assess their potential for long term.

You become like: "Forget the conversation! Where's the bed?!"

The goal now is to date and get to know each other for at least a few months before letting the chemistry overwhelm us. No more single minded pursuit of pleasure. It might be nice to actually build something with someone rather than pretend like we're on the discovery channel.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:03 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,542,790 times
No. That kind of sudden lust is the root and cause of many bad decisions.

I am also not that desperate for male attention and company as to dabble in DNA for it.

P.S. It's not genetics that attract us to one another. It's vision, hearing, and smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
Then you just have not met that person, but why would you not like it if it happened? it feels great, better than any drug.

I do wish you would stop invalidating other people's experience of love and attraction. It is not the same for everyone, and it is not for any of us to tell someone else they "have just not met that person" because they don't experience love and attraction as you do. I can promise you that there are a lot of happily married people out there who did not run on boner power when they first met.

Last edited by Seija; 08-20-2021 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I wouldn't do it because frankly I've never had any problem finding that raw animal attraction with people.

I think that strong attraction is actually a distraction if you really want to get to know someone and assess their potential for long term.

You become like: "Forget the conversation! Where's the bed?!"

The goal now is to date and get to know each other for at least a few months before letting the chemistry overwhelm us. No more single minded pursuit of pleasure. It might be nice to actually build something with someone rather than pretend like we're on the discovery channel.
That sounds like interviewing for a job , seriously though I think such a service would be most appealing to people who never or rarely are on the receiving end of that kind of instant attraction, the people who have always had to "win over" or "grow on" everyone they have ever had a relationship with.

Everyone on the planet has someone who will at one glance go love struck with them at about 5 feet of proximity, problem is there may be only 8 of those people within 50 mile radius of each other.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:17 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yes, agree. I wouldn't trust "instant, extreme" physical attraction as any kind of barometer of a good relationship. I would be super suspicious of the blinders that can cause.
...sin in haste, repent at leisure.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:21 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
Quote:
That sounds like interviewing for a job , seriously though I think such a service would be most appealing to people who never or rarely are on the receiving end of that kind of instant attraction, the people who have always had to "win over" or "grow on" everyone they have ever had a relationship with.

Everyone on the planet has someone who will at one glance go love struck with them at about 5 feet of proximity, problem is there may be only 8 of those people within 50 mile radius of each other.
It's not a job, it's a relationship. If someone is only interested in raw passionate sex, then they might see it as a job interview. But some people are also interested in building a relationship that is deeper than sex and lust.

Sex and lust are easy to find and disposable. But a lasting bond that runs deep is hard to find but worth it if one has the patience and self control to build it.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:24 PM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Since I disagree that attraction is genetic, probably not.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:39 PM

588 posts, read 487,636 times
Quote:
Much of who we have attraction to is genetic, many of us have run into this, that person you meet and instantly sparks fly, often it's merely a case of having opposite immune systems any children you make will have a healthier than average immune system so it will more likely live past age 5 which is why both your brains go into "let's make babies" mode. or diverse generic's(natures way of preventing accidental inbreeding) it's why sometimes someone you have nothing in common with and who does not even look like what you're attracted to can sometimes set off a dopamine rush in your brain once in close proximity to them before you even get to talk to them. or why someone can be a perfect match on paper and you find them attractive but "no spark" (they're probably a distant cousin or you both had ancestors from the same village in the old country)

But imagine if science could predict with 90+% certainty matches where you BOTH will have instant sparks fly? and all you had to do was send them your saliva or a RAW-DNA file from 23&me, ancestoryDNA or any of the other DNA services that exist?

Oh and you would not have a profile or photos to go on, just an inbox to contact your matches and the city they live in(to not let you get pre conceived notions before meeting in person).
No. What if the tests had an error? I would rather feel unplanned natural attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships