Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

so you can choose to have safe sex. Sadly that means no touching. It sounds cold but it is better than an STD.

the other truth is that most of the time sex (even safe sex) should be saved for somebody you really like and appreciate and that feeling is reciprocated back to you. Sort of like a true close friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Yes. The total of one-in-three is if we took a test of everyone all at once, today. Actually, 50% of americans will have an std at some point in their lifetime, but some stds self-resolve, or can be cured (crabs, for example). Those that are not cured, will have the virus throughout their entire life. Most of these stds occur before middle age, as 1 in 4 girls between the ages of 14 and 19 has an std in america. So before kids even reach the legal drinking age, one in four has an std. These numbers have been going up steadily, I can't imagine they will slow down anytime soon. Probably when I am 50 the majority of the population will have genital herpes, HPV, or trichomoniasis
STD Facts - Genital Herpes
STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)
STD Facts - Trichomoniasis

EDIT: The largest problem with STD's is not incurability or deadly symptoms, but the fact that so few people get tested. Many people carry a virus for years or decades, and never have symptoms, so they assume they are 'clean.' If you never had a breakout or discharge or felt sick, you would tell your partner you didn't have anything. So the virus would continue to spread, and many of those people would not have symptoms either. It really is a bunch of little 'epidemics.'

Condoms still have about a 10% chance of infection, perhaps because no condom covers all genital surfaces, or no condom fits perfectly on every person. The only real way (which is still not very popular), is before a couple becomes sexually active (including oral, anal, etc.) they get tested. That's the only real way to be sure, and until it becomes the norm, 35-50% of the country will continue to have + spread std's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megande View Post
If any of the contempt that you have for women online comes through in real life, that is likely a big part of your problem. Just because someone doesn't have the same interests as you do doesn't mean they aren't worth dating or spending time with. Part of the fun of a relationship is learning from the other person, not spending time with a cloned version of yourself. No telling what you are missing out on because you are requiring a knowledge of mythology or rapture over a baby deer. I'm a big fan of geeks myself, but there is nothing worse than a geek who looks down on people who don't have the same interests he does.

Like I said, I am a well rounded person (no! I am not fat) and I am into allot of things...but what I am NOT into is binge-drinking, drug use, rap "music" and hanging around with girls who have cup sizes bigger than their IQs. I am open to allot of things, but alas, I have yet to meet anyone in this area who is into anything other than the mall, the beach, drugs, drinking or rap.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 PM

603 posts, read 2,359,367 times
I agree with trying to meet older woman, say someone in her 30's or even early 40's. Women this age LOVE men in their 20's and I think they will be overjoyed that you're a virgin. I agree with previous posters, though, wait until you find someone you really like and I would even suggest you both get tested (I know you've never had sex but then she won't feel badly like you think she's a **** or something...you could just say you want to be sure you both are safe).

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,914 times
VP - back again. Dude, if I lived in your town, I'd take you out to meet people. Work on having hottie girls as friends first, then worry about meeting Mrs. Right.
Have you seen Steve Wozniac (the Apple guy)? He's a little heavy, not the best looking guy but he dates Kathy Griffen (okay, not exactly a hottie but close enough). Just be the best at what you do. When you're the best at something, you gain confidence. Confidence and sucess get more women than looks alone. If you want a smart girl- go where smart girls go. If you want a nice girl- go where nice girls go. Etc. No one is perfect but there might be someone perfect for you. Everyone has problems meeting perfect people- the first step... meet people. Otherwise you'll be settling for Palmala Handerson not Pamala Anderson.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
You asked.
I don't think the details you listed in the start of this thread makes you pathetic or a looser. I do think however your need to make such a post might be pushing in that direction.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
that is some nice encouragement, John. Just flat out meet people! Go out and don't expect instant gratification any of the nights or days you go out. Just go out for the sake of interacting. That is probably the best step.

I hope this story makes you feel better. I'm a very attractive gay guy as everybody has heard me brag about but I don't go on many dates and not many guys are interested in me. It can be sad and depressing if I thought about it. But I've been in romantic situations that were very painful or were complete wastes of time and I would never jump into romance without being very sure of myself and the guy. ok and believe me romance is way overrated and sometimes useless if it isn't with a very special someone. ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
VP - back again. Dude, if I lived in your town, I'd take you out to meet people. Work on having hottie girls as friends first, then worry about meeting Mrs. Right.
Have you seen Steve Wozniac (the Apple guy)? He's a little heavy, not the best looking guy but he dates Kathy Griffen (okay, not exactly a hottie but close enough). Just be the best at what you do. When you're the best at something, you gain confidence. Confidence and sucess get more women than looks alone. If you want a smart girl- go where smart girls go. If you want a nice girl- go where nice girls go. Etc. No one is perfect but there might be someone perfect for you. Everyone has problems meeting perfect people- the first step... meet people. Otherwise you'll be settling for Palmala Handerson not Pamala Anderson.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:19 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
There's one tiny detail you left out about Woz ... he's a billionaire. I didn't know he's going out w/ that feisty redhead, Kathy Griffin.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
says the guy who looks like Jabba the hut.
You talkin about Rance . Actually Rance is quite attractive (yeah, both inside and out) If I wasn't a happily married woman and he a happily engaged man, I'd be on a flight to Alaska to win his heart.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
You talkin about Rance . Actually Rance is quite attractive (yeah, both inside and out) If I wasn't a happily married woman and he a happily engaged man, I'd be on a flight to Alaska to win his heart.
I had actually thought the same thing. I saw a pic of Rance and his pretty fiance and I thought they were both so good-looking. This surprised me too.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
I may be 10 pounds over weight...but at least I'm not some shallow mirror hugging concieted cornball totally hung up on himself. Me...me...it's all about me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships