Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Perhaps you are hanging out with the wrong crowd to accomplish this. My suggestion is to put on your dorkiest glasses, some nice clothes, and go to the nearest club and find a really drunk chick.
Sorry to tell you, but that's kind of called "date rape"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
You can't experience the highs if you numb yourself to the lows. It's all about how you go about your life. Seriously... have you ever made the first move, to pursue a girl?

No...I'm far too terrified. Truth is, I am more terrified of rejection than I am of death almost...if you die, you die...if a girl LAUGHS IN MY FACE I'll have to live with that forever!

As for waiting until marriage: No, that's not me. I am not into the idea of casual sex, but I am not a religious person either...spiritual yes, religious? No.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
OP...

What's interesting is that I remember a couple posts where you've complained about how horrible most of the women are where you live and that you've lived there your whole life. Sounds like that's a big part of your problem. You are either being very picky and I understand why you would never have had a girlfriend with the attitude you harbor towards the women around you, or your attitude is a result of women having never really been interested in you.

At any rate, I hope you have better luck in whatever city you move to.

True. I hope the women in Portland or Seattle will be better than they are here in Jersey.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,914 times
It's not bad/sad that you haven't experienced these things. The sad thing is not trying. Are you kidding me? I miss the chase. I miss actually having to work for it That's the fun part. The uncertainty of not knowing if a woman is interested. The ability to make a fool of oneself over a woman and being able to laugh about it later.
My screen-name is meant to be sarcastic - I actually do well with a lot of women. Go out and talk to the women you meet at the places you go. Don't try to be all "Mack-Daddy" on them, just talk to them about your apparent common interests.
Looks get the girl- personality keeps them.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I think this can be a problem too. OP: If you think about it honestly, do you think you have an unrealistic view of how a woman 'should' be?

Quick story about the women in this area: I was at the county college I went to last year (I dropped out to work more hours to raise the money to move) and was walking down the sidewalk with the parking lot to the right of me and a wooded area to the left. Two girls were walking towards me as I noticed movement in the trees. I looked and there was a deer, about thirty feet away, and then, what walked up to it? Her baby! It was maybe a few weeks old tops, all legs and knees. I stopped and looked, and the two girls stopped their talk about clothes and looked at me with a weird look.

I said "look, a baby deer!" and the girls looked at the deer, looked at me, looked at eachother and had a LOOK OF ABSOLUTE DISGUST ON THEIR FACES!

What kind of a place is this were young women respond to the sight of a doe and her faun with disgust? They were probably thinking "like, ohh my gawd! like, nature and stuff"

Is it too much to ask for a woman who finds baby deer cute?

I have to get out of this state...

Old 05-16-2008, 09:41 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Yes I do know men like you, in fact I have one living in my house. My son is quite a bit like what you describe he is 23. Now his brother, who is 24 is the complete opposite in EVERY way. He has been with many many many girls, yet he is lacking in many other ways. Society puts to much pressure on young people to start dating or (hooking up). You will know when the time is right. I tried to give my son a little push when he was 18, but it didn't work. He is a very good looking guy and loves girls. He is just very very shy and gets nervous around girls, his brother has never had one shy bone in his body. My shy, more quieter son is actually the better looking of the two,(according to many other peoples comments over the years) so looks are not always the issue. You need a more aggresive person, two shy people probably wont make the hook up. I tell my son all the time that when he and his friends go out they should hang around the more aggresive girls, start up a conversation with one, get a little wasted and let her take advantage of you. LOL

Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Ooes the woman know that she's going to be shown off as the fattest woman they could find? If so, fine. If not, then the behavior displayed by your friends is absolutely disgusting.

You're funny though - I think I'm about the least uptight about other people's sex lives as long as everyone knows what is going on, and it's consenting adults. I don't care what two consenting adults get up to between the sheets. But that's not what I hear you talking about constantly. You seem to think degrading women is fun and to me it's not funny.

If targeting drunk women (fat or not) for sex is showing your 'male perspective' then I am glad that I don't know many men (or should I says boys) like you.

What is your obsession with fat women about anyway? Actually you already answered that. Something to do with bjs. Nice.
Anyway, who's to say that the 'chunky fat girl' isn't the hottest girl in the bar? Is it you that decides that?
If a drunk girl is that stupid to leave a bar with a guy, well..........

Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
If a drunk girl is that stupid to leave a bar with a guy, well..........
There's a reason why people aren't allowed to operate machinery after drinking too much. It impairs your judgement, a chemical reaction. And given the number of women who are slipped a roofy these days in pubs, bars and clubs I really think it's a bit rich to be calling them stupid.
At what point is the onus going to be on the men to behave more appropriately?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
There's a reason why people aren't allowed to operate machinery after drinking too much. It impairs your judgement, a chemical reaction. And given the number of women who are slipped a roofy these days in pubs, bars and clubs I really think it's a bit rich to be calling them stupid.
At what point is the onus going to be on the men to behave more appropriately?
I am a female and would never and have never in my lifetime been that stupid to leave a bar when I am drunk, with a man I do not know.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I am a female and would never and have never in my lifetime been that stupid to leave a bar when I am drunk, with a man I do not know.
You ever heard anybody drunk saying "Boy, I'm drunk!"...?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships