Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 01:44 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,971,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
I hope people here are starting to realize that she is not addressing/answering any of you now...
One thing that seems common to relationship posts on CD is that most of the posters asking for advice never take any of it, and never resolve their problems.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:51 PM

10,113 posts, read 6,463,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
He did hold my hand once. I was surprised. He asked and put his arm around me on movie night. He likes taking pictures together. He does give me the awkward pecks. New Years, he pecked me, then did it again. It was like he wanted to kiss longer and more, so he was trying to.

He did copy everyone on New Years, trying to copy what they were doing.

I don't know if it's autism or just intense fear.

I guess, guys in my past, they want to sit closer to you. Lean in. They try to touch you, get closer. They always want to be grabbing you, hugging you. I'm not ready to jump into bed with him, but as another poster said, that closeness that you start building in the beginning. Alone, there's this zing, like man you just know you want to kiss them, and you know they want to kiss you. It's that pressure in the air.

Even my brother and his girlfriend, they always love being close physically and touching each other. In a cute, sweet way. It's intimacy, without the sexualness

I just find that as normal . And typically, you lead up to sex. I'm like jeez, I thought after maybe 3 to 4 months we'd do the deed. That was my plan. The rate we're going, I don't see that happening.

He told me he cried a bit watching Fifty Shades of Grey. I was like whatttt? Why? He said because it reminds him of experience he's never had. I assume he means sex and not the domination part
Look, if he's not progressing with the physical affection and sex at the rate you want, then cut the guy loose. Do it with sensitivity, but don't prolong a situation that is not fulfilling to you and may have him thinking that you feel more for him than you apparently do. That's not fair to either of you. I will give you a personal anecdote though. When I was 32 I dated a very old-fashioned guy who was 50 and I believe was still a virgin. (I've always dated older men). He was a horrible kisser at first but with a lot of patience on my part I taught him how I liked to kiss. It also took me a while and verrry slow tactics to get him to be more physical with me, but we eventually progressed to an agreeable level of physical contact. It's entirely your option as to whether you want to spend more time with this guy or not, but please don't prolong the situation just because you have nothing else going right now.

Old 01-03-2022, 03:19 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,411,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Look, if he's not progressing with the physical affection and sex at the rate you want, then cut the guy loose. Do it with sensitivity, but don't prolong a situation that is not fulfilling to you and may have him thinking that you feel more for him than you apparently do. That's not fair to either of you. I will give you a personal anecdote though. When I was 32 I dated a very old-fashioned guy who was 50 and I believe was still a virgin. (I've always dated older men). He was a horrible kisser at first but with a lot of patience on my part I taught him how I liked to kiss. It also took me a while and verrry slow tactics to get him to be more physical with me, but we eventually progressed to an agreeable level of physical contact. It's entirely your option as to whether you want to spend more time with this guy or not, but please don't prolong the situation just because you have nothing else going right now.
Wow, a 50-year-old virgin who didn't know how to kiss? I just couldn't do it lol.. I know some men may like sexually inexperienced women, but it just doesn't work the other way around..

Old 01-03-2022, 03:56 PM

686 posts, read 301,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Also if the genders were reversed we would probably take issue about a guy pressuring a woman to kiss or get intimate before he's ready. Just because this is a man doesn't mean he's ready to bed down immediately or else it means something is off with him. If it were a woman we would praise it and say she's virtuous for it.
It's going on already almost two months,, and no proper kiss only pecks!

Last edited by Rent.in.ny; 01-03-2022 at 04:09 PM..

Old 01-03-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Is it just me or has this thread become a perpetual soap opera?
I agree, it will go on and on and on and nothing will change until Mandi gives up.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:03 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,286,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
It's going on already almost two months
Even if its a year. Some people wait for marriage until that kind of intimacy.

Granted he could or should communicate this to OP if its the case.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Even if its a year. Some people wait for marriage until that kind of intimacy.

Granted he could or should communicate this to OP if its the case.
They wait till marriage to kiss? Not even in the Stone Ages.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:14 PM

639 posts, read 403,937 times
I am listening and taking the advice here. I have plans with him coming up in a few days. I plan on having a very open discussion with him about expectations, his and mine, and seeing how that goes and his reaction. If things change, great. I'd they don't, I'm prepared to end it.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:17 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,571,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I am listening and taking the advice here. I have plans with him coming up in a few days. I plan on having a very open discussion with him about expectations, his and mine, and seeing how that goes and his reaction. If things change, great. I'd they don't, I'm prepared to end it.
That's good news, even if this won't be an easy conversation for either of you. I hope that it goes well and, more importantly, yields gradual results (and not just the kind of "lip service" that you *don't* want from him).

Old 01-03-2022, 04:22 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
That's good news, even if this won't be an easy conversation for either of you. I hope that it goes well and, more importantly, yields gradual results (and not just the kind of "lip service" that you *don't* want from him).
Some lip service would be long overdue progress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships