Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 11:51 AM

3,153 posts, read 1,610,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I hate when girls string guys along. Is it not fair to make them read in between the lines and then ask again just to give another vague answer.

I decline dates politely in a clear manner and sometimes get a dick pic as a reply. Oh well. At least I was clear and have another pic in my dick folder
You should reply: "Thanks for proving I made the right decision."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 12:07 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
You should reply: "Thanks for proving I made the right decision."

Exactly.

I don't know what men hope to achieve by that except to show a woman how little she's missing.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:26 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,799,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I hate when girls string guys along. Is it not fair to make them read in between the lines and then ask again just to give another vague answer.

I decline dates politely in a clear manner and sometimes get a dick pic as a reply. Oh well. At least I was clear and have another pic in my dick folder
No one is "making" anyone 'read between the lines'.

And no one can 'string you along', unless you're willing to be 'strung'.

The point is, that we can each have our own criteria. As some others have said, if they got a vague response when asking someone out, they would take that as a 'no'. Doesn't matter WHY. Doesn't matter if the other person is going out of town. Doesn't matter if they're lying about going out of town. The point is, that the answer received isn't a 'yes'. They're not going to waste their time trying to analyze what the vague response could mean. They simply take it to mean 'no'...with no hard feelings.

But we also have to understand that some people do have busy lives. And, expecting someone to 'move mountains' in order to go on a first date with us--especially if we barely know the person-- is a bit too arrogant for my taste.

Old 06-10-2022, 11:13 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,155,855 times
I recall a friend years ago at an office job. He was a smart guy but totally didn't have a clue about some things. Told me over a beer one night about a girl in his dept he had asked out. She said she was busy for awhile to come. He pulled out his planner and inquired about 3 months ahead. Told me he didn't understand how she didn't have 1 free night coming up in 3 months. I had to explain to him that she was not interested and was trying to let him down gently. Also explained that some women, and men, choose not to date coworkers. Had to explain in detail. He later dated a friend of mine and things were good for a time but he did stupid stuff to ruin it with her. Nothing evil or dangerous, just foolish drama kinds of stuff.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:05 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I recall a friend years ago at an office job. He was a smart guy but totally didn't have a clue about some things. Told me over a beer one night about a girl in his dept he had asked out. She said she was busy for awhile to come. He pulled out his planner and inquired about 3 months ahead. Told me he didn't understand how she didn't have 1 free night coming up in 3 months. I had to explain to him that she was not interested and was trying to let him down gently. Also explained that some women, and men, choose not to date coworkers. Had to explain in detail. He later dated a friend of mine and things were good for a time but he did stupid stuff to ruin it with her. Nothing evil or dangerous, just foolish drama kinds of stuff.
I don't understand what's wrong with a simple no. There's no mistaken there's no need to ask again later it's clear it's concise and it's final.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:15 AM

29,526 posts, read 22,714,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
I don't understand what's wrong with a simple no. There's no mistaken there's no need to ask again later it's clear it's concise and it's final.
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that.

You just never know what kind of a person you are dealing with and how they will react to negative news.

As anyone who has spent time on this subsection of the forum can attest to, many people are absolutely clueless when it comes to courtship, dating, and relationships in general. They refuse to acknowledge what normal people like us would have from the star and moved on with our lives. Their childish egos cannot accept rejection of any form.

Miami Beach Bartender Was Allegedly Killed by Coworker After Rejecting His Advances

These 14 Women Were Brutally Attacked for Rejecting Men — Why Aren't We Talking About It?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:40 PM

43,199 posts, read 18,363,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

You just never know what kind of a person you are dealing with and how they will react to negative news.

As anyone who has spent time on this subsection of the forum can attest to, many people are absolutely clueless when it comes to courtship, dating, and relationships in general. They refuse to acknowledge what normal people like us would have from the star and moved on with our lives. Their childish egos cannot accept rejection of any form.

Miami Beach Bartender Was Allegedly Killed by Coworker After Rejecting His Advances

These 14 Women Were Brutally Attacked for Rejecting Men — Why Aren't We Talking About It?
Look at the age of all of them....it seems to be generational.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,569,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Look at the age of all of them....it seems to be generational.
I wish that it was, but things like this have always happened. We just didn't hear about them as we now do and many times, if something horrible like this occurred, the woman was always suspect to a degree in that what did she do to cause him to do this to her? Because it surely must have been something that she did or didn't do; that she "owed" guys a chance at dating her.

Not that I'm one to live in fear (never have been), but as a young woman, I discovered early on that one of the most effective ways to dissuade a would-be suitor in whom I was not interested was to say that I already had a boyfriend/husband. Some guys just wouldn't gracefully accept a polite "no"--and not in a cute way like that rap song from back in the day ("I Got a Man" by Positive K).

It's something that I resent in a small way, this having to hide behind this notion that I already belonged to another man, but for some guys, it's the only thing that makes them move on. Occasionally, I'd run into guys for whom my being already "off-market" was a challenge rather than a deterrent to their advances.

Pretty much every other woman I know has at least one story like this.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:21 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

so you act like you would if you weren't distracted by these other things you're doing that since the wrong message
Quote:

We aren't talking about it because this isn't the appropriate forum to talk about it.

So you make a guy think that you're sort of interested so they don't murder you I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:00 PM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,925,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
so you act like you would if you weren't distracted by these other things you're doing that since the wrong message

We aren't talking about it because this isn't the appropriate forum to talk about it.

So you make a guy think that you're sort of interested so they don't murder you I'm not sure that makes much sense.
Sounds like that type of attitude is what attracts the weirdos and discourages normal guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships