Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 07:52 AM

686 posts, read 300,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by western27 View Post
She has used an excuse of being “sick” in the past without actually appearing to be. I am not empathetic to this excuse 1. Because she felt good enough to take her dog to the park in 10 degree weather that same morning I left 2. Because I strongly suspect she is lying and 3 and most importantly: Because of the lack of communication. No one feels fine at 6pm and gets dreadfully ill 6 hrs later and I wasn’t born 10 minutes ago. Something really sounded off with the way this played out and it surprises me how quickly many are willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this with the info I’ve provided. She claimed to having not felt great earlier in the week but I spoke to her over the past few days and she seemed improved. Now all of a sudden after I asked her 12 times beforehand if she felt up to it and get to booking everything, she then all has this great realization that she isn't well enough to go? I don't buy it and I would only hope that if I were the one acting like this, people wouldn't be so sympathetic or supportive to my behavior.

Her whole behavior all along proved that she is indeed a "Liar, Liar, pants on fire," going on a doggie walk on the following morning, ha! and Mink and Don'tH8me and others are just gullible people. Dump her.

Last edited by Rent.in.ny; 01-22-2022 at 08:20 AM..

Old 01-22-2022, 07:53 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Now all of a sudden after I asked her 12 times beforehand if she felt up to it and get to booking everything, she then all has this great realization that she isn't well enough to go? I don't buy it and I would only hope that if I were the one acting like this, people wouldn't be so sympathetic or supportive to my behavior.
You asked her the same question 12 times?? With that new information I suspect she changed her mind about wanting to spend any more time with you. You may have come across as annoying and even obsessive.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
People with Covid often feel fine. That is not the issue. I had one friend who had to cancel a big trip he had planned for his wife’s 40th because his whole family got Covid. Apparently only one of them had any symptoms. Even so, they were still contagious. I have allergies. Sometimes I am not sure if I am coming down with something or just have allergies, so I decide to stay home for the day.

I don’t know how you know she has a history of this, but I know a lot of people who feel a little off one day on more than one occasion. My real question is who agrees to go to a time share with someone on a 2nd date?

Exactly, she even suggested it!

Old 01-22-2022, 08:07 AM

by weatern27

"She claimed to having not felt great earlier in the week...."

and i inspite of this SHE suggested the trip.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:16 AM

by Mink:

"Heck, for all you know, YOU could have had Covid and passed it on to HER."

Hahahaha.....it's you who makes a lot of assumptions.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:37 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Who WOULDN'T want to go on a skiing trip if they felt well? Omicron symptoms develop fast. My husband was well at 10 in the morning and thoroughly ill by 3pm. That’s what happens. Three days later he was fine.

The OP should have shown his independence and healthy self esteem by going on his own as soon as he got the news — or inviting another friend or two at the last minute to join him there.

As for walking the dog; if you have one it has to get exercise. Omicron seems mild for most people. You can go outside if you need to.

Since the OP got so agitated by her lack of response, he needs to move on if he can’t relax. She might not have the same level of interest he does.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Who WOULDN'T want to go on a skiing trip if they felt well? Omicron symptoms develop fast. My husband was well at 10 in the morning and thoroughly ill by 3pm. That’s what happens. Three days later he was fine.

The OP should have shown his independence and healthy self esteem by going on his own as soon as he got the news — or inviting another friend or two at the last minute to join him there.

As for walking the dog; if you have one it has to get exercise. Omicron seems mild for most people. You can go outside if you need to.

Since the OP got so agitated by her lack of response, he needs to move on if he can’t relax. She might not have the same level of interest he does.

I think she just pretended to know how to ski - few American can - and came up during the night with the covid excuse.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:57 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,792,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
I think she just pretended to know how to ski - few American can - and came up during the night with the covid excuse.
Talk about making assumptions...

Old 01-22-2022, 09:08 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Well, I feel like we don't have the whole story. So she cancelled: headache, coughing, sneezing. Could be serious. Has she at any point (maybe after getting some feedback from a doctor) suggested rescheduling the date? That would be an accurate indication of where she's at vis-a-vis the OP.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:18 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Quote:
She has used an excuse of being “sick” in the past without actually appearing to be. I am not empathetic to this excuse 1. Because she felt good enough to take her dog to the park in 10 degree weather that same morning I left 2. Because I strongly suspect she is lying and 3 and most importantly: Because of the lack of communication. No one feels fine at 6pm and gets dreadfully ill 6 hrs later and I wasn’t born 10 minutes ago. Something really sounded off with the way this played out and it surprises me how quickly many are willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this with the info I’ve provided. She claimed to having not felt great earlier in the week but I spoke to her over the past few days and she seemed improved. Now all of a sudden after I asked her 12 times beforehand if she felt up to it and get to booking everything, she then all has this great realization that she isn't well enough to go? I don't buy it and I would only hope that if I were the one acting like this, people wouldn't be so sympathetic or supportive to my behavior.
If you have only had one date how do you know she has used sick excuses before?

Yes, people do get sick quickly. It's quite possible to feel fine and to suddenly have chills and be puking your guts out or have a ferocious headache an hour later. Not all illnesses start out slow and build up like the common cold.

I've walked dogs and dragged myself out of bed when I have been horribly sick. It has to be done, pretty much like how a sick parent still has to change a baby's diaper and feed it.

If you feel she lied to you about being sick just be glad you found out soon into the relationship. OTOH, If she was sick, or had even just spent the night being sick, you had unrealistic expectations for her to go skiing the next morning. Feeling better doesn't have to equal feeling completely well.

I started out feeling sympathy for you having put so much effort into the second date only to have her cancel on you, but the more you have ranted makes me think she's better off not dating you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.