Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 03:43 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,841,599 times

Advertisements

I think the OP is too thin-skinned and sensitive to be successful at online dating. You need a thicker skin to date online.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:43 PM

11,100 posts, read 7,056,115 times
OP I've been re-watching a lot of Seinfeld episodes, and just today I watched the one with Jennifer Coolidge, playing a massage therapist Jerry was dating, and how George became obsessed with her not liking him and ended up chasing her down the hall at the end of the episode, to try and communicate with her. Your posts kind of reminded me of how George reacted and acted. This isn't a slam on you, it just seems to me that you need to let it go. We all get into situations with people where we need to let go for whatever reason. Obsessing over it does no good.

It seems to me that it's both: she does feel sick and needs a Covid test and she's lying. Some people just aren't comfortable breaking things off directly. She's probably one of them. It sucks that that might be the case, but it doesn't do any good to keep processing it. You've done that and it would be a good idea to try and wean off of overthinking it.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 PM

18,261 posts, read 9,551,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western27 View Post
I don't know why that is relevant. But even if that is part of the reason, is there something wrong with that?
I'm wondering what other details have been left out. Perhaps after she agreed to go, she found out there's only one bed?

Old 01-22-2022, 03:50 PM

^I thought of that too. One time I was dating a guy and after about the third or fourth date he reserved a room at a very swanky, pricey hotel and ordered me to be ready for sex!

Old 01-22-2022, 03:53 PM

24 posts, read 14,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm wondering what other details have been left out. Perhaps after she agreed to go, she found out there's only one bed?
This was never even discussed nor did she ask but there are multiple beds/rooms in the unit.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:55 PM

24,917 posts, read 11,342,127 times
Quote:
I don't know why that is relevant. But even if that is part of the reason, is there something wrong with that?
You even calculated what skiing would run you versus a date in the city. Maybe this should be moved to frugal living on CD.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:58 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,841,599 times
Quote:
This was never even discussed nor did she ask but there are multiple beds/rooms in the unit.
It was very forward of her to suggest the timeshare in the first place, IMO. If I were a guy, I would take her suggestion as a green light for a room with one bed, especially if she didn't even mention it. If she were concerned about it, and didn't want you to get the "wrong impression" she would have made it clear upfront.

Old 01-22-2022, 04:00 PM

4,652 posts, read 1,824,016 times
Quote:
YEAH! If that's the case, then you're no different than the man who spends a lot on dinner, and then expects sex in return...

Perhaps she felt that 'vibe' from you....

Old 01-22-2022, 04:06 PM

4,652 posts, read 1,824,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
It was very forward of her to suggest the timeshare in the first place, IMO. If I were a guy, I would take her suggestion as a green light for a room with one bed, especially if she didn't even mention it. If she were concerned about it, and didn't want you to get the "wrong impression" she would have made it clear upfront.
He COULD have said, "NO".

Old 01-22-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Well, from one woman's perspective (mine), I think there is something wrong with that. If you were "reading the room" and were reasonably sure you were going to "get lucky" on that trip it would be one thing. However, it was only the second date. Nowadays, people aren't as likely to engage in sex on the 2nd date. I think she got cold feet after coming to her senses and realizing that you were probably expecting sex, and she wasn't into it. It's like my other post just above, this guy I began dating suddenly ordered me to be ready for sex and I was like.... what?! He was not happy that he had already paid for the room, but he should have waited a bit to see if it was a real relationship!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships