Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 07:52 AM

11,016 posts, read 6,870,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
It sounds like for whatever reason, the fire pit is very important to him. Since arguing is rare for your relationship, I wouldn't dig in on this issue. I would explain that you love that he loves his fire pit and that you don't want it gone but that it just makes you anxious when it's left unattended. Seems like there is an easy compromise to be had.
This, but I also think there's more going on with your husband that caused his reaction in the first place. Of course, you haven't given us any background about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 08:46 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Is it 10' or 15' away from your house. And how big is the firepit? Unless there is an overhang or your home is built out of wood and go up like a matchbox is an ember hit it. I really don't think there is an issue with your house being 15' away.

But on the flip side, you should never have a fire un attended. Why was it lit in the first place if no one was there??

Old 02-17-2022, 10:44 AM

7,915 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Couldn't a weep hole been drilled in to the fire pit for drainage? Giving up the pit and using a gas pit seems a bit drastic.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:05 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Couldn't a weep hole been drilled in to the fire pit for drainage? Giving up the pit and using a gas pit seems a bit drastic.
Yeah, if I wanted to watch gas burn I'd just fire up the grill and leave the lid open.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:11 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Is it 10' or 15' away from your house. And how big is the firepit? Unless there is an overhang or your home is built out of wood and go up like a matchbox is an ember hit it. I really don't think there is an issue with your house being 15' away.

But on the flip side, you should never have a fire un attended. Why was it lit in the first place if no one was there??
She hasn't really defined what she means by "unattended". He must have been in the house in order for them to get into his fight. It doesn't make any sense that someone would light a fire if he wasn't going to be outside to enjoy it which leads me to believe that he just happened to be inside grabbing a drink or something at the moment she got home.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:12 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
This, but I also think there's more going on with your husband that caused his reaction in the first place. Of course, you haven't given us any background about that.
yes, lets pick her marriage apart and find a reason for her to get divorced.

He is a loser, she should leave him.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:47 PM

I was just thinking that he overreacted unless she came out swinging first. She did say she was in a bad mood when she got home but she didn't say exactly the tone of her voice or her body language or expressions.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:47 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
She hasn't really defined what she means by "unattended". He must have been in the house in order for them to get into his fight. It doesn't make any sense that someone would light a fire if he wasn't going to be outside to enjoy it which leads me to believe that he just happened to be inside grabbing a drink or something at the moment she got home.
Humans are not logical beings. A lot of things they do don't make sense. Maybe having a nice warm fire awaiting him is hubby's security blanket.

Again, first and foremost this is a legal and insurance issue. I have not seen OP, or any of the problem-solvers, address this.

But all else falls by the wayside until those questions are satisfied. The argument was good fortune, it should convince a responsible adult to look into those two matters.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:06 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty8512 View Post
He felt that when I walked in the door I was "looking for a fight" because of my body language. As I already said, I was tense. The workload at the office has been horrendous with no relief in sight and I was just about at the breaking point, but only as far as the office was concerned. I was not looking for a fight at home; I just hadn't keyed down yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I was just thinking that he overreacted unless she came out swinging first. She did say she was in a bad mood when she got home but she didn't say exactly the tone of her voice or her body language or expressions.
What more do you need? They were both tense, words were flying, they talked about it and moved on, while City Data still argues over it.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What more do you need? They were both tense, words were flying, they talked about it and moved on, while City Data still argues over it.
I'm traveling and did not have time to read the most recent responses (since this morning) so I did not realize they had moved on. Good for them.

Last edited by pathrunner; 02-17-2022 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships