Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 09:47 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,285,128 times

Advertisements

It is a guy I went on one date with but am not sure if I want to see again. I told him give me time to think about if I want to go out again. He texts every day since then.

Yesterday he texted and said he wants to spend the night with me.

I told him I am not looking for that kind of relationship and he is moving too fast.

He said " What do you mean? Couples spend time together."

Then he said he didn't mean in bed. He meant I would spend the night but in his spare bedroom.

I felt gaslighted and this isn't the first time he has shown possible signs of gaslighting.

Am I imagining it?

Old 03-16-2022, 09:52 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,617,652 times
He's testing your boundaries, and you are losing that battle.
As soon as he kept on texting you everyday after you told him that you would think about it, you should have ended it.
Nothing good is going to come of this, get out before you truly have to regret it.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
He's testing your boundaries, and you are losing that battle.
As soon as he kept on texting you everyday after you told him that you would think about it, you should have ended it.
Nothing good is going to come of this, get out before you truly have to regret it.
I thought so too!

I am just going to ignore him from now on. It may seem like ghosting but sometimes that might be better with someone too persistent who pushes boundaries. I don't think a "break up" is even warranted at this point.

Old 03-16-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I thought so too!

I am just going to ignore him from now on. It may seem like ghosting but sometimes that might be better with someone too persistent who pushes boundaries. I don't think a "break up" is even warranted at this point.
It sure isn't. Just ghost him.
Are you really that naive that a guy that states that "couples spend the night..." when you're not even a couple is crossing the line extremely? I thought you had more experience in life than that, and I don't want to appear insulting if you are very young and inexperienced.

Old 03-16-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
It sure isn't. Just ghost him.
Are you really that naive that a guy that states that "couples spend the night..." when you're not even a couple is crossing the line extremely? I thought you had more experience in life than that, and I don't want to appear insulting if you are very young and inexperienced.
I did think so but I was second guessing myself. I just wanted to confirm what I thought and make sure I wasn't missing something.

The guy seemed pretty nice so far, so if he's being creepy its kind of unexpected. Though he actually has done this a couple times now, so, time to take it at face value.

Old 03-16-2022, 10:21 AM

It is creepy.
He called you a "couple" basically with that line, with no prior agreement from you.
Can you say red flag?

Old 03-16-2022, 10:22 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,569,148 times
Quote:
It is a guy I went on one date with but am not sure if I want to see again. I told him give me time to think about if I want to go out again. He texts every day since then.

I told him I am not looking for that kind of relationship and he is moving too fast.

Then he said he didn't mean in bed. He meant I would spend the night but in his spare bedroom.

I felt gaslighted and this isn't the first time he has shown possible signs of gaslighting.

Am I imagining it?
All of the other stuff aside, he thinks that you're a couple after one date and a few daily texts?

I wouldn't call this guy's behavior gas-lighting--he's just a garden variety creep who's trying to push your boundaries. It might be wise to "next" and block him sooner rather than later.

Old 03-16-2022, 10:23 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,353,422 times
Quote:
It is creepy.
He called you a "couple" basically with that line, with no prior agreement from you.
Can you say red flag?
I agree with this. It doesn't seem like gaslighting exactly, but a rose by any other name would still be creepy AF.

Old 03-16-2022, 10:26 AM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Quote:

Am I imagining it?

Doesn't matter if you call it "pumpernickel" he is being a douche. That is a completely inappropriate request, and justification.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-16-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree with this. It doesn't seem like gaslighting exactly, but a rose by any other name would still be creepy AF.
He's testing to see if she has any boundaries at all. That type loves the woman who has none. She's the easiest to get to do whatever he wants....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.