Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 02:46 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,805,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivusTime View Post
Again there is a reason or answer for just about everything........especially when it comes to dating
Even if that was TRUE, it doesn't mean that the other person necessarily knows the reason.

Especially, right away.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:49 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,781,164 times
Quote:
Again there is a reason or answer for just about everything........especially when it comes to dating
OK, let's play this out. I went out with a guy I liked very much. We had fun together, laughed together, good sex, same socioeconomic background, values, etc. But at some point we both decided to just remain friends because "something" just wasn't there. Maybe it was passion, maybe it was that we were too similar and so didn't find each other that interesting. Or maybe it was because we were both recently divorced and couldn't really share our hearts fully yet. We are still good friends.

Maybe you could help us figure out why this relationship didn't work out. Because according to you there is one definitive reason.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:52 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,576,745 times
Quote:
No, there isn't when it comes to dating. There is no magic formula when dealing with human beings.

If someone pushed me for an answer as to why I was disinterested in pursuing a relationship with them after one or even several dates...

Why is "I'm not feeling as though we're a good fit for one another" a good enough answer for some people?

Old 08-17-2022, 02:56 PM

1,483 posts, read 688,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
No, there isn't when it comes to dating. There is no magic formula when dealing with human beings.

If someone pushed me for an answer as to why I was disinterested in pursuing a relationship with them after one or even several dates...

Why is "I'm not feeling as though we're a good fit for one another" a good enough answer for some people?
Easy. The 'other person' doesn't feel that way, they feel that the 'fit' is 'good'.

And 'no' ALWAYS wins over 'yes'.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:59 PM

38 posts, read 12,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK, let's play this out. I went out with a guy I liked very much. We had fun together, laughed together, good sex, same socioeconomic background, values, etc. But at some point we both decided to just remain friends because "something" just wasn't there. Maybe it was passion, maybe it was that we were too similar and so didn't find each other that interesting. Or maybe it was because we were both recently divorced and couldn't really share our hearts fully yet. We are still good friends.

Maybe you could help us figure out why this relationship didn't work out. Because according to you there is one definitive reason.
Never said that there was a definitive reason. Sometimes there are many reasons.........This would fall under many reasons. All of them could and should be pointed out. You went out with this person multiple times so its not like you are throwing word salad at someone after one date.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:01 PM

6,907 posts, read 4,924,585 times
I am thinking you need to meet sensitivewoman44.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:01 PM

38 posts, read 12,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post

Because its not........People need to do better

Old 08-17-2022, 03:02 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,805,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Easy. The 'other person' doesn't feel that way, they feel that the 'fit' is 'good'.

*Pssst! (whispers to Euskalherria)* I get the feeling that even if someone TOLD the OP WHY they wouldn't want to date him/ date him again, he wouldn't accept the reason.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:06 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,576,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post

I will say this as a woman who experienced dealing with good, decent guys who felt that the fit was good even when I didn't: sometimes they were so insistent that needing what they deemed to be a legitimate reason for my disinclination to further pursue a dating relationship with them that they began to cross the line from nice into pushiness.

Not once did I ever push a guy in this manner even though there were times that I would have loved to continue seeing a guy after he had decided that we weren't a good fit as romantic partners.

As you wrote, "no" always trumps a "yes" when it comes to dating and "no" is a complete answer.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:06 PM

1,483 posts, read 688,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
*Pssst! (whispers to Euskalherria)* I get the feeling that even if someone TOLD the OP WHY they wouldn't want to date him/ date him again, he wouldn't accept the reason.
Sure, but we can flip this around: she is not accepting his reasons why they would be a good fit.

Again, as I've said... 'no' wins over 'yes'. Whoever says 'no' is the 'winner'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.