Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 07:00 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,098,227 times

Advertisements

So he kissed you but he didn’t kiss you? I’m confused af
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 07:10 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athair View Post
So he kissed you but he didn’t kiss you? I’m confused af
Who? Me?

First husband, made out on the first date.
Second husband, kissed me for the first time on the 4th date.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Who? Me?

First husband, made out on the first date.
Second husband, kissed me for the first time on the 4th date.
No, OP. Says he kissed her, but hasn’t kissed her.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:32 PM

255 posts, read 146,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athair View Post
No, OP. Says he kissed her, but hasn’t kissed her.
He kissed me on the cheek

Old 09-08-2022, 11:26 PM

880 posts, read 460,948 times
l don't think it's much to go on atm, more so whether he shows any interest from here is the thing. lf he doesn't you'll know the kiss was just what it was, but if he does then he's just taking it slow.
Not everyone jumps straight in , thank the Gods , like all these others dates did but where are they now ? Means nothing.

Old 09-09-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpgal View Post
He kissed me on the cheek
Oh, so he DID kiss you, but DIDN’T kiss you. I can see the frustration of that predicament.

Old 09-10-2022, 04:47 AM

762 posts, read 452,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
I don't understand not being upfront, especially when so much is done online. You don't have to say it to their face. After I filed for divorce, I had 3 dates with guys where I knew it wasn't going to work out soon after we met in person. I made sure to sleep on it and then the next day told them it wasn't going to work between us. They were all surprised. One guy wanted to know why I had kissed him if I wasn't feeling it. I don't know. Maybe just to confirm via another sense that there was no chemistry? I have no regrets on the kissing them part. So, maybe I led them on for most of the date and the night after, but I didn't ghost anyone and I didn't lead anyone on any longer than overnight.

Current boyfriend got brought back to my place to stay the night the first day I met him. We moved in together in March. If this relationship goes sour, it won't have anything to do with what we did or did not do on that first date.

I've always known almost immediately if I will have chemistry with someone or not. I've never had stuff 'develop'. Maybe it's because I am in my 40s, but I have no patience to go slow when it comes to meeting in person and kissing. I don't want to waste my time on something that isn't going where I want it to go.
Thank goodness he was not some deranged mad man. Don't understand how single mothers are cool with bringing some stranger home and moving him in. I'm sure it must be good news for the bums though since there has to be a shortage of quality men that any penis will do.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:18 AM

255 posts, read 146,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Thank goodness he was not some deranged mad man. Don't understand how single mothers are cool with bringing some stranger home and moving him in. I'm sure it must be good news for the bums though since there has to be a shortage of quality men that any penis will do.
Oh jeez! Did she even say she was a single mom (if she did, I missed it)?

Plus he moved in after they were dating sometime, that’s what most people do, so I don’t quite understand your hostile comments. With your logic all women who are single moms shouldn’t date or get into relationships.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:52 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Oh jeez! Did she even say she was a single mom (if she did, I missed it)?

Plus he moved in after they were dating sometime, that’s what most people do, so I don’t quite understand your hostile comments. With your logic all women who are single moms shouldn’t date or get into relationships.
Yes a lot of extremism. If you’re not still “holding out for the right one” at 63, or a born-again virgin after that right first one, I guess then you’re humping everything in sight or settling for any old dick. Whatever.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:57 AM

11,059 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Quote:
Had a second date last night and he still hasn’t tried to kiss me. I know it happens but for me I think I’ve kissed every guy I went out with by the second date. Given, last night when we were parting ways it was a crowded area and he did give a prolonged tight hug with a kiss on a cheek, but I just find it a bit odd he hasn’t tried to kiss me yet. I’m assuming he’s still somewhat interested since he texted after the date saying he had a good time. He definitely seems like a nice guy who may be a bit shy/awkward so I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone else here to a few dates in with someone they were interested and no kiss?
I would be very happy and unconcerned if a guy behaved this way on the 2nd date. I'v been ordered to have sex on the 4th date, also dropped after the 2nd date for refusing sex. He's obviously interested, there's no reason to fret.

He's a gentleman. Hold on tight. There are very few out there anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships