Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 02:55 PM

9,494 posts, read 8,490,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't believing in a bearded guy in the sky spying down on us to decide who's naughty or nice the ultimate conspiracy theory? I don't think the people who are disparaging conspiracy theorists are the same people who believe in beings living in the sky keeping a log of everyone's behavior in order to doom people to fire and brimstone after they die. I think there's a lot of overlap between the belief-in-sky-god people and the anti-Covid-vaxx conspiracy theorists.

JMHO.
Yes, it is the ultimate conspiracy theory. But I think there are a LOT of people who look down on those who promote conspiracy theories online (tampering with voting machines, tracking devices in COVID vaccines, etc. etc.) who are very religious.

Santa Claus? Come on, that's a ridiculous premise. No way one many can fly through the sky with flying reindeer and give toys to every household on a single night!

God? Well of course he's real. I just "know" it!

Sorry, we're going on a huge tangent here but you get my point. There are people who believe in anything/everything.

Old 10-01-2022, 10:57 AM

3,019 posts, read 1,699,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post

Santa Claus? Come on, that's a ridiculous premise. No way one many can fly through the sky with flying reindeer and give toys to every household on a single night!
You don't believe in Santa Claus? Not even Rudolph?

What is wrong with you?

Old 10-02-2022, 09:52 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,016,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am so sorry about your situation. I highly recommend counseling - be smart - don't put your marriage in the hands of us internet smart talkers. You need a professional.
This. The best thing that can happen is for both of you, but especially her, to learn to live and let live.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:40 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,082,378 times
OP, I'm curious about something. Did you get COVID sometime after you got vaccinated?

Old 10-02-2022, 01:26 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,417,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Our girls (17 ,15) side with her in terms of what she believes in regards to the vaccine (and me causing the blood issue). Our son (19) does not.
It's all a sad situation, but this part about your daughters is especially difficult.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:16 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,587,299 times
Quote:
...But both of us are miserable though, and it hasn't changed with years of prayer., and counseling

We have three kids 19, 17, 15. Any thoughts from anyone would be great. I really appreciate it.
Let go, bless the time you've had together, make amends for any harshness between you, and wish her well. Keep the doors open for a future friendship, and move on.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,151,993 times
Quote:
Hello all,
I'm heartbroken. Been married for 21 years. The first 18 years were really good. Covid changed my wife (and she says I've changed). Anyway, long story short she has become very far right politically, while I'm more moderate/lean right. She has gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole on so many things that never came to pass in the crazy covid world.

Fast forward to vaccine time. I got vaccinated a year ago this past August for work (August 2021). She is not vaccinated. I have not taken any booster shots.

My wife has a genetic blood disorder- too much iron in her blood and it needs to be dumped every so often. She is convinced her situation has flared up because I received the vaccine. It hurts me that she believes this. She doesn't get what this is doing to me. She is studying to become a holistic health counselor- she thinks she's an expert. I tell her you can take any topic and prove both sides on the internet with all of the BS on the internet. She will only look only at her side (confirmation bias).

We are both spiritual. I'm talking to a few close Christian friends. I have the scriptural verses and am in prayer on it. Does anyone have any thoughts here? Its been going on for almost three years (conspiracies) and I'm exhausted with the latest (me causing the blood issue). I hate thinking of separation which could lead to divorce. But both of us are miserable though, and it hasn't changed with years of prayer., and counseling

We have three kids 19, 17, 15. Any thoughts from anyone would be great. I really appreciate it.
I haven't read this whole thread. I'm guessing your wife has hemochromatosis.

Has she considered that even if she is right, that it's a moot point? Surely she understands that you would have never done anything to hurt her knowingly ... Have you told her that? Does she understand that 70% of the population is vaccinated & that there's no way to escape the shedding, even if you had not vaccinated?

It's also a moot point because if spike protein shedding IS causing her symptoms, that means that exposure to the virus will too, even if she is not infected. Just mere exposure is all it will take. Does she understand that?

As a person with hemochromatosis, she is at risk because the sars-cov2 spike protein causes clumping by binding to the CD147 on red blood cells. Unfortunately, the full length spike genome was encoded into the vaccine. If the vaccines are shedding, this could actually cause problems for her.

But regardless of viral exposure, vaccination or even the possible shedding; she needs to understand how to take care of herself by using therapeutics that bind onto the sars-cov2 spike protein, which will prevent it from locking onto the CD147 on her red blood cells.

Look, I'm as anti-vax as they come & was so long before covid but I would NEVER blame a vaccinated loved one for what she is blaming you for & I'm so sorry this is happening to the both of you. I have no qualms about spending as much time as I possibly can with my vaccinated loved ones. I know how to protect myself.

Old 10-03-2022, 02:29 PM

4,808 posts, read 3,527,517 times
I am getting divorced soon, after 18 years. My experience is counselors are horrible.
If you never, as a couple, actually communicated issues you will never be successful in getting back on track.
I recommend looking at a book called divorce busting. It may help. I got it way too late after she left me for separation purposes. It nails every dang thing wrong, that I did as well as her, in a relationship..
You can work things out, it is a hard job to do. Both are at fault.

Old 10-03-2022, 03:56 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,016,544 times
One of the main memories I have from listening to my father at the dinner table about his marriage and family counseling practice:

He would tell couples something to the effect of: "I'm not here to fix your marriage, help you stay married or help you get divorced. If you're here to fix your marriage, you need to be warned that as a result of counseling you may find that you want to be divorced, or that you need to be divorced. That's up to you. That will not be my fault. That will be something you come to on your own. Knowing this, do you still wish to proceed with these sessions?"

He said this because he'd had some people blame him for the end of their marriage, when the ending was a result of them exploring the situation and deciding all on their own.

That always stuck with me because he talked about that a lot. It's an important point. Counseling doesn't fix a relationship. People do. A lot of times the relationship isn't fixable. And a lot of times it is. That's for the people in counseling to discover.

Old 10-04-2022, 07:38 AM

349 posts, read 247,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
One of the main memories I have from listening to my father at the dinner table about his marriage and family counseling practice:

He would tell couples something to the effect of: "I'm not here to fix your marriage, help you stay married or help you get divorced. If you're here to fix your marriage, you need to be warned that as a result of counseling you may find that you want to be divorced, or that you need to be divorced. That's up to you. That will not be my fault. That will be something you come to on your own. Knowing this, do you still wish to proceed with these sessions?"

He said this because he'd had some people blame him for the end of their marriage, when the ending was a result of them exploring the situation and deciding all on their own.

That always stuck with me because he talked about that a lot. It's an important point. Counseling doesn't fix a relationship. People do. A lot of times the relationship isn't fixable. And a lot of times it is. That's for the people in counseling to discover.
To add to that - my brief time as a therapist (1 year practicum/internship, and a good part of a year as a resident), when I saw couples, most often they came as a last resort. Like “if this doesn’t work, we’re done.” And I always thought to myself “why weren’t you here a year ago, before this unraveled to the point of no return?” I wish more couples seek counseling earlier - when there are problems that can’t be fixed on their own, it’s okay to seek help.

Sorry, I know this doesn’t completely relate to topic but I have to get on my soapbox. Counseling can help but both people have to be committed and put in the work for them to have a chance of success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships