Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 08:56 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times

Advertisements

Read and listen to Jordan Peterson’s podcast and books. The most important quote is “There’s no shortage of beautiful women, there’s a shortage of good successful men.” Work on improving yourself and make the best version of yourself and watch women come looking for you. The more successful you are with many things such as knowledge, health, arts, sports, and wealth of course. Women are attracted to men who are successful and experts at those areas. I attract women because I take care of myself and present my best version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 09:07 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Read and listen to Jordan Peterson’s podcast and books. The most important quote is “There’s no shortage of beautiful women, there’s a shortage of good successful men.” Work on improving yourself and make the best version of yourself and watch women come looking for you. The more successful you are with many things such as knowledge, health, arts, sports, and wealth of course. Women are attracted to men who are successful and experts at those areas. I attract women because I take care of myself and present my best version.
I believe the OP is a woman.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:10 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Single&Looking View Post
How to cope? My life is already filled with a profession I love, healthy habits, hobbies, taking courses, personal development, etc. I'm a practical, educated, attractive, whole woman in good physical and mental shape. Why, then, is love so elusive?
It sounds from your descriptive that you're a business professional person and perhaps as is usually the case there is a tendency to date from the exact same (or close) socioeconomic group. Depending upon where you live, that could be a shallow pool population-wise. Perhaps consider widening the net so to speak and look to meet educated/well-rounded men from other walks of life such as medical fields, public service or hospitality. Special interest sports groups on Meetup whether running, biking, hiking or hobbies like photography, wine-tasting or cooking can be good options. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2022, 09:25 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
OP, trust. The last thing you need to do is listen to a syllable Jordan Peterson says.

Old 10-15-2022, 10:15 AM

61,662 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
OP, trust. The last thing you need to do is listen to a syllable Jordan Peterson says.
Lol... I agree. His arguments are riddled with "pseudo-facts" and conspiracy theories. He is YouTube star rather than a credible intellectual.

Old 10-15-2022, 10:26 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Lol... I agree. His arguments are riddled with "pseudo-facts" and conspiracy theories. He is YouTube star rather than a credible intellectual.
Wow, so much hate and obviously you’re a woman. Feminists hate Jordan because he is a clinical psychologist, professor, and he is too reasonable. Calling him a YouTube star is pure misinformed when he was banned or cancelled by YouTube many time when the left lobbied complaints against him.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:00 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
I have a feeling the OP will never respond back.

Anyways, for those that continue to wallow in self misery and self pity when it comes to relationships, sorry, but get over it. Having that kind of self defeating attitude is never attractive to anyone.

Life is what you make of it. If one really wanted a relationship, they'll find one.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:00 AM

4,025 posts, read 3,303,002 times
Quote:
I am in my mid30s and have been single for 6 years. Friends continue to drop like flies because they keep getting hitched. Recently, I met some single women and we started going out on the weekends. It was another opportunity to socialize and meet people, put myself out there. These girls are now also paired (or having affairs) and I find myself feeling alone and left out again. I had plans Friday and Saturday with friends, and both cancelled to be with their boyfriends/husband. This was deeply triggering for me and I've been feeling low ever since.

I feel left on the sidelines because friends find partners. This makes me feel ****ty about myself. I also want these things, and yet somehow I'm always the single one. Worst is when people ask "why are you single?". This is infuriating, because if I knew, I would do something about it. I am ready for the next step in my life.

What do these women have that I don't? I continue to put myself out there, meet people, go on dates, and I can't help but feel like something is wrong with me. I want intimacy, I want closeness. I've been ready for years. Friends telling me "dating sucks" doesn't help, because it doesn't suck for them (they're all paired.... literally, I don't know 1 single person).

How to cope? My life is already filled with a profession I love, healthy habits, hobbies, taking courses, personal development, etc. I'm a practical, educated, attractive, whole woman in good physical and mental shape. Why, then, is love so elusive?
In Erik Erikson's eight stages of life development he talks about the sixth stage as occuring between 18 - 40 as the time in our lives when we decide between intimacy and isolation. This is when we get dating experience and try to figure out what we are actually looking for in a partner as well as how to become a better partner. But some men and women struggle with this.

In our early twenties there were lots of friends but also fewer people were married and paired off, so it was easier than to be single. What happens is that in our mid 30's there are just fewer people who aren't in a relationship and the remaining people to choose from often just aren't as good of dating prospects, more of your dating pool consists of people who have kids from previous relationships or just has some sort of substance abuse issue or some other major baggage, but the quality of your dating pool really does drop as you get older because a lot of the better prospects already paired off with someone else.

If you want to settle down and get married I think you have two basic options, realize dating at this age it just takes longer to find someone as it did when you were younger and that the search costs really are higher so do not get down on yourself for that. But I also believe it may be time to for a certain amount of settling for more realistic dating standards along the lines of what Lori Gotlieb advocated in Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough

https://www.amazon.com/Marry-Him-Cas.../dp/045123216X

Old 10-15-2022, 11:08 AM

4,025 posts, read 3,303,002 times
Quote:
Wow, so much hate and obviously you’re a woman. Feminists hate Jordan because he is a clinical psychologist, professor, and he is too reasonable. Calling him a YouTube star is pure misinformed when he was banned or cancelled by YouTube many time when the left lobbied complaints against him.

I think Jordan Petersen's advice to young men on how to sort themselves out can be at times excellent, but he has less of that type of advice to young women on how to sort themselves out. The other thing is that he also has lot's of stuff on the culture war and some people get bogged down on that aspect of Jordan Peterson.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:39 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
As you go through your life, pursuing hobbies, taking courses, presumably--attending concerts or other public events, and otherwise "putting yourself out there", do you strike up conversations with the men in those circles? If there's someone who catches your interest, are you friendly with them, or do you passively wait for them to initiate conversation? Women who hold back, due to a belief that men should be the ones to approach and initiate, are women who tend to end up on the sidelines routinely, unless they're exceptionally good-looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships