Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 07:36 PM

4,261 posts, read 2,486,622 times

Advertisements

Some, people willingly blind themselves to this- they say that this is merely an "online phenomenon"- and everything is "fine and dandy" out in the real world. Thing are not fine and dandy. In fact, they have never been more dysfunctional.

What goes on online is merely a reflection of what is happening in the "real world"- they are not two separate and unrelated entities.

Out in the "real world," I rarely see men and women being affectionate with each other these days. To my mind, that is a reflection of the irreconcilable levels of conflict, combativeness, distrust, division, and animosity that currently exists between the sexes.

Are things Mod cut.at this point? It sure seems that way to me. From what I can see, the division and animosity between the sexes has grown to such a point that it is extremely likely that we will never see harmonious relations between the sexes in any of our lifetimes, and perhaps harmonious relations between the sexes are done for permanently. That is how bad I think things are right now.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-19-2022 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing the filter.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:13 PM

6,920 posts, read 4,931,984 times
It may be [snip] for you and a small percentage of others, but all is well for most of the rest of us. I see plenty of couples walking around holding hands, smiling at each other, occasional smooches. Maybe you aren't looking at the right people when you are out and about. And consider that the population keeps growing - affection is happening.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-19-2022 at 11:13 PM..

Old 11-19-2022, 08:34 PM

846 posts, read 690,255 times
You make this claim without any data or proof; it's just your personal experience and observation. But keep in mind, that other people have different experiences and observations.

I don't notice any division or animosity between myself and women. And I've seen lots of people have meaningful and affectionate relationships and friendships with people of the opposite sex.

Quote:
What goes on online is merely a reflection of what is happening in the "real world"
It's not. It's a disportionate sample. People who are having happy relationships are probably not going on the parts of the internet that you're going on.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post
You make this claim without any data or proof; it's just your personal experience and observation. But keep in mind, that other people have different experiences and observations.

I don't notice any division or animosity between myself and women. And I've seen lots of people have meaningful and affectionate relationships and friendships with people of the opposite sex.

It's not. It's a disportionate sample. People who are having happy relationships are probably not going on the parts of the internet that you're going on.
The number of people who are acquiring satisfying and fulfilling relationships (or any relationships at all, for that matter) is on the decline. Have you not noticed "red pill/black pill" ideology becoming increasingly mainstream? Have you not noticed the increasing amount of women who want to just avoid all men (and vice-versa)? Things will soon get so bad that not even the most clueless and oblivious NPC will be able to pretend that there isn't a serious problem.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:16 PM

6,920 posts, read 4,931,984 times
Nope, haven't noticed it at all, but I don't spend all my time on the internet. That's not the real world.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:41 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,111,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The number of people who are acquiring satisfying and fulfilling relationships (or any relationships at all, for that matter) is on the decline. Have you not noticed "red pill/black pill" ideology becoming increasingly mainstream? Have you not noticed the increasing amount of women who want to just avoid all men (and vice-versa)?
Why is this a gender issue? I find people, regardless of how they may present or identify, to be a lot of work and I prefer to keep them at arm's length for my own peace of mind. I am not comfortable being physically or emotionally close with anyone much, and the few exceptions are long dead. That has everything to do with my perception of myself as a solitary creature and nothing to do with any sweeping generalisations about men or women.

Old 11-19-2022, 10:48 PM

880 posts, read 470,489 times
Well , from afar and internet wise bc that's all l'd have to go by US wise, things certainly seem to be in one helluva mess there and just getting worse by the day.
l'd find it very very hard to believe though that forums and internet are much reality related though but if they were then l'd feel very sorry for people out there.
My world though no there is no battle, not between real people not in my relationship or in any others l know of and if there are problems then they aren't that bs, just normal problems.
As for what you see out there affection wise , again no clue there sounds very sad if true but here, couples cuddle hold hands kiss talk and laugh just like they always have.

Last edited by randomx; 11-19-2022 at 11:01 PM..

Old 11-19-2022, 11:16 PM

44,398 posts, read 20,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Nope, haven't noticed it at all, but I don't spend all my time on the internet. That's not the real world.
This ^^^ . The crap you see on Internet fora (including C-D Relationships) does not represent a true cross-section of the general public.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:30 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,936,674 times
Can you tell anything by looking at marriage rates?

Quote:
As relationships, living arrangements and family life continue to evolve for American adults, a rising share are not living with a romantic partner. A new Pew Research Center analysis of census data finds that in 2019, roughly four-in-ten adults ages 25 to 54 (38%) were unpartnered – that is, neither married nor living with a partner. This share is up sharply from 29% in 1990. Men are now more likely than women to be unpartnered, which wasn’t the case 30 years ago.
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...se-or-partner/

Old 11-19-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Well , from afar and internet wise bc that's all l'd have to go by US wise, things certainly seem to be in one helluva mess there and just getting worse by the day.
Well, that is something we can agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships