Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 09:17 AM

43,342 posts, read 18,466,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
He cancelled on me at the last minute.
Rejection is God's protection.
Think positively about that...tell yourself you dodged a bullet you didn't know was coming.
It's all about attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2023, 09:27 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,032,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Think positively about that...tell yourself you dodged a bullet you didn't know was coming.
It's all about attitude.
I second this.

Sorry, Stagemomma

Old 10-24-2023, 01:27 PM

4,062 posts, read 3,330,504 times
Quote:
It's all about attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I second this.

Sorry, Stagemomma
I love this phrase, I am stealing it

Eve is spot on like usual.

Good luck Stagemomma!

Old 10-24-2023, 03:07 PM

880 posts, read 469,702 times
lt is true to though
yaknow , if someone rejects you then they aren't worthy of you.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:35 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,620,775 times
rejection is part of life, I know, I had enough in my time.

Old 10-25-2023, 06:45 AM

15,076 posts, read 10,143,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
He cancelled on me at the last minute.
UGH... hate that. Unless there is a good reason I usually don't even respond to them.

I actually had that happen to me recently. Met a nice lady at a bar and had a long conversation. I bought her another drink or two; even danced right there at the bar. She then asked if I was free tonight (it was still early) to go out to a club she knew nearby. I told her I would love to. After a little while it was time to go to the club. She excused herself to freshen up at home; she said she lived in the building next door and would like me to wait for her.

I waited 3 hours..... watching the game on tv.. sipping water to make sure I was sober.

The next morning she said she was sorry. Claimed to pass out because she was "tired". I never responded.

oh well.... I did enjoy dancing with her and would have been nice to continue at the club. Probably will run into her again considering she lives right here. A good target for the stink-eye... haha.

I agree with the others. Rejection is part of the game and probably good. What I don't need at this point in my life is someone who can't drink responsibly to the point of passing out. Been there and done that several times. Probably just wanted to get me for a few drinks on me now I think about it.

Last edited by usayit; 10-25-2023 at 06:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2023, 07:16 AM

19,730 posts, read 12,304,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
UGH... hate that. Unless there is a good reason I usually don't even respond to them.

I actually had that happen to me recently. Met a nice lady at a bar and had a long conversation. I bought her another drink or two; even danced right there at the bar. She then asked if I was free tonight (it was still early) to go out to a club she knew nearby. I told her I would love to. After a little while it was time to go to the club. She excused herself to freshen up at home; she said she lived in the building next door and would like me to wait for her.

I waited 3 hours..... watching the game on tv.. sipping water to make sure I was sober.

The next morning she said she was sorry. Claimed to pass out because she was "tired". I never responded.

oh well.... I did enjoy dancing with her and would have been nice to continue at the club. Probably will run into her again considering she lives right here. A good target for the stink-eye... haha.

I agree with the others. Rejection is part of the game and probably good. What I don't need at this point in my life is someone who can't drink responsibly to the point of passing out. Been there and done that several times. Probably just wanted to get me for a few drinks on me now I think about it.
Did she seem that drunk when she left? The "tired" excuse is lame. She would have been tired at the bar and not wanting to get ready to continue the night somewhere else. Maybe freshen up meant taking some drug that made her conk out.

She didn't need to go that far to get a few free drinks.

You are very patient to have waited three hours!

Old 10-25-2023, 01:04 PM

15,076 posts, read 10,143,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Did she seem that drunk when she left? The "tired" excuse is lame. She would have been tired at the bar and not wanting to get ready to continue the night somewhere else. Maybe freshen up meant taking some drug that made her conk out.

She didn't need to go that far to get a few free drinks.

You are very patient to have waited three hours!
She seemed fine to me; then again, I know people in my circle of friends who can hide their drinking really well. If it was drinking or drugs, then I am good without dealing with that. I've got more than enough alcoholics and addicts crossing into my life than I want to.

I don't know the real reasons... yeah... kinda lame excuse. She was just a stranger so no big deal. It's a regular spot of mine. I was kinda hoping one of my friends would show up for an impromptu night at one of the area clubs after I accepted the fact that she wasn't coming back. I was in the mood to go clubbing... oh well..

Last edited by usayit; 10-25-2023 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-26-2023, 07:50 AM

6,596 posts, read 11,321,928 times
After a long marriage and being with the same person for over half my life, I found myself in the dating pool a few years ago right at 50. Can't even say "back" in the dating pool as I never actually been single since H.S.

Is it harder? Again, I don't know as I didn't have that "single" period in my young 20's. But I feel like with apps and online dating - It's much easier than going into bars/social gatherings. Of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive, so there is nothing to prevent you from doing both. There is just a lot more convenience online since you know everyone there is "single and looking"... or at the very least, "looking". How many people will you meet at bars? Online, you can scroll through dozens of profiles while heating up your lunch in the microwave, swipe right on a bunch, and POTENTIALLY be having a conversation with someone (or maybe even more than one).

At this age, I feel people know what they are looking for (or perhaps more accurately, NOT looking for). I also think "baggage" and "life experience" have a fairly big overlap. It just comes down to how one perceives it.... and we all have it at this point of our lives. Some of the bigger obstacles I've found are kids. Depending on what you set your age range to (I went 45+ on the apps), some may still have younger kids (middle/H.S). For me, just coming out of a marriage, I certainly wasn't going to jump right into another family. So those that didn't still have kids at home just felt easier to make plans with. But - some are also better at planning around it. I dated someone with 2 kids at home and I never saw them for the 2+ months we were together.

As for the actual matching and going on dates - Just about everyone texts or calls. There is certainly a process if you met them online as there is some risks (especially for women). But once you get past that, how you communicate is just a personality thing. I've met people where we would end up constantly texting throughout the day. Other just aren't into that or their work makes it hard to constantly text. However, you'll talk on the phone each night for like an hour. IMO - I don't see this as much different than most other age groups in similar life styles (working, etc.) - I'm sure the really young generation who are still in school will have a different routine.

Old 10-27-2023, 05:26 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,917,714 times
Quote:
It's all about attitude.
Boy did I ever! He did contact me again and we made tentative plans to meet on Sunday. Then he asked me for full length picture and the alarm bells went off. I told him frankly that I'm 20lbs overweight and just now starting to get back into shape. He asked what I was doing to lose weight, then criticised my methods. He sounded just like my ex, and that is what I told him when I cancelled our date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships