Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 06:58 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,724,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Ah. I'm not sure if you do or not, but what about asking open-ended questions like "Why do you like that about me?" and see if they can elaborate. Give them time to think about it and get back to you. That makes them put forth more effort. Then you can decide from their answer if they are putting forth an effort or just checking off a list.

I will be honest, I know quite a few people on dating apps and it's like they have a revolving door of people, never a stable relationship.

Usually, I can tell why they like me based on the context. That could be a good question based on the context, but it could make me sound too elementary too. So, go by context is always best.

Revolving door is a great way to describe the nature of our social dynamics in society today, I think.

Reminds me of that Crazy Town song a little, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 10:12 AM

1,977 posts, read 2,340,155 times
" some people say I look like Jason Momoa "
"OK, send more pics please "
"You know what's sexier than a bad boy? A grown-ass man with his stuff together."
"OK send pics, please "
“Has anyone ever told you that you look like [fill in name of obscure actor/actress].”
"OK send me your pics please "
"human biology dictates that there is a picky gender (women) based on how important it is for her to reproduce effectively - men don't "reproduce" in the sense of pregnancy and rearing "
"Ok , send me more pictures she said "

Old 10-25-2023, 04:02 AM

7,665 posts, read 4,212,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Usually, I can tell why they like me based on the context. That could be a good question based on the context, but it could make me sound too elementary too. So, go by context is always best.

Revolving door is a great way to describe the nature of our social dynamics in society today, I think.

Reminds me of that Crazy Town song a little, lol.
True. However, when I have seen a breakdown of a relationship, it is because there is too much reading of the mind and very little explicit sharing of affection. My married friends, the ones who have been together for 25+ years, rely on the basics. They compliment each other, tell each other how lucky they are to know each other, and tell why they like things about each other. While they married each other because they checked off all the right boxes and "know" they chose the right person, appreciation of day-to-day behavior is not an invisible act. That was the effort I was talking about.

Old 10-30-2023, 12:47 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,724,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
You're in my thoughts tonight, Chessi....
Thank you Mink.

As an update any of you may or may not have wanted to know about this particular d&d guy, I just found out that he is actually moving to his parents' home state. But he is moving because he managed to get a boyfriend in that state and not cause he had to move back to his parents. I'm surprised, but he must've changed his ways or that guy must've known rpgs hard core like him. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships