Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 12:37 PM

717 posts, read 558,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

So, yes, when I say that she will survive, it's because I've done more than a 1 1/2 hour bus ride. I did it repeatedly for 2 years.
And you probably hated it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2024, 06:37 PM

669 posts, read 321,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
He’s not cheating. He’s ****ing around with chemistry equipment. We’re saving for a house and the shared car gets me where I need to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Have you not started several threads about this?
I don't blame bf for avoiding her calls. She's rude!

Old 02-05-2024, 03:02 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
And you probably hated it!
You said:

Quote:
It's easy for others to say "what's wrong with an hour and a half bus ride?" Because sitting around waiting in the comfort of one's own home is more convenient than taking a bus. She has a pet to get home to. You're exposed to a lot more germs on a bus. What if you have a bad stomach during the commute? I wouldn't take the bus either.
Yes, it is indeed easy to say that because I've done that and more.

I also had petS.

If you have a bad stomach, you shouldn't have gone to work in the first place.

There are germs everywhere. Based on that argument, we shouldn't go outside at all. No restaurants, no stores, no universities, etc, because there are germs all over in those places, as well.

The point is, she can continue to complain and be miserable that her bf won't answer her calls to come pick her up, or she can get on the damn bus and get herself home.

She can hate it on the bus, or she can ruin her relationship by hating that he won't chauffeur her around like she wants. She does not own the car.

Her options are:

1) irritate her bf, and get ticked enough to throw her dirty laundry out there for anyone to see

2) get on the fricken bus already.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:20 PM

545 posts, read 396,725 times
If you are calling rather than texting and it's just that your boyfriend doesn't interrupt work with phone calls / texts you could get a system going like DH and I do. Call it old school, but both of us are the same way when we are working. We don't check or phones or answer personal calls unless we are expecting a call. What we do if we need to other one to pick up the phone (important communication) is we call and let the phone ring two times, then we hang up, wait one minute, and call again. This lets DH know it is me and I need him to pick up or me know that it is DH and I need him to pick up.

Please note that we do not interrupt each other a bunch when working, so we take that two rings and hang up seriously. We are also considerate of each other as we have dinner together and call if one or the other of us is running later than the expected time. Note: We let each other know ahead of time if we will be working really late. Sometimes, for example I need to do after hours IT implementations, etc. and that might mean working as late as 9 p.m. for those as we have to wait till most users are off for the day to take the system down. These days though I am working from home, so this was all really pre-covid.

Just saying this old school system has worked well for us.

Old 02-06-2024, 11:08 AM

717 posts, read 558,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You said:

Yes, it is indeed easy to say that because I've done that and more.

I also had petS.

If you have a bad stomach, you shouldn't have gone to work in the first place.

There are germs everywhere. Based on that argument, we shouldn't go outside at all. No restaurants, no stores, no universities, etc, because there are germs all over in those places, as well.

The point is, she can continue to complain and be miserable that her bf won't answer her calls to come pick her up, or she can get on the damn bus and get herself home.

She can hate it on the bus, or she can ruin her relationship by hating that he won't chauffeur her around like she wants. She does not own the car.

Her options are:

1) irritate her bf, and get ticked enough to throw her dirty laundry out there for anyone to see

2) get on the fricken bus already.
I think all of us have gotten an unexpected "bad stomach" and had to go to the bathroom immediately. Wouldn't want to be on a bus.

Old 02-06-2024, 11:19 AM

10,353 posts, read 8,581,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
He’s not cheating. He’s ****ing around with chemistry equipment. We’re saving for a house and the shared car gets me where I need to go.
How do You have the money to save for a house but can’t afford a car?

Old 02-06-2024, 03:51 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Quote:
I think all of us have gotten an unexpected "bad stomach" and had to go to the bathroom immediately. Wouldn't want to be on a bus.
Yeah, but how often does that happen? Like once a year?

If the OP doesn't want to wait, she ride the bus, buy a car, or a bicycle, or an uber.

My DRIVE into town is an hour, and having to take a poop has never been an issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2024, 04:03 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, but how often does that happen? Like once a year?

If the OP doesn't want to wait, she ride the bus, buy a car, or a bicycle, or an uber.

My DRIVE into town is an hour, and having to take a poop has never been an issue.
Yep. And she doesn't do any of these things. Really, she just wants to complain. Just vent, I guess.

Old 02-06-2024, 05:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 36,985,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
You leave early sometimes to work from home, he stays at work.

Around 5-6 you call him to coordinator the pickup. Except he doesn't answer his phone, which seems odd.
Why wouldn't he want a ride home?

How about waiting for him to call you when he's ready to come home. If it gets real late I can see not wanting to go out. In that case he can get his own ride home if he chooses to stay late.

Bottom line though is this is him.

As Dear Abby used to ask, Are you better of with him or without him?

If With, accept him as is.

If Without, you know what to do.
That's what I was thinking. If he wants a ride, why isn't HE doing the calling? Let him be stranded a time or two and see how he responds.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:24 PM

122 posts, read 105,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Learn how to ride the bus.
Not every area of the country has good public transport. It's a 15 minute for me to get home but 1.5 hours via bus requiring two transfers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships