Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 03:15 PM

122 posts, read 105,690 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years. We share a car, it's his, and we are in graduate school. We're PhD students so it's more like a regular job. We get to work between 9 & 10 and sometimes I want to leave earlier than 5 and just work from home, so I do, and then I come pick him up when he calls.

However, some days I need to stay until 5 or 6, and then I will be calling him, and he just won't be answering. This happens FREQUENTLY. Now I recognize sharing a car makes this difficult and puts us in a unique situation, but surely there will be other situations in life where I really need him to answer the phone and communicate with me. I just don't feel like a priority to him, how could you not answer your phone for two hours? You know it's 5 PM, end of the work day, at least have the courtesy of responding to my text! If he wants to stay a few more hours that's fine, but I could at least go home! If he wants to stay 30 more minutes, then I'll wait it out. Why doesn't he think it's a priority to communicate with me??

There are so many wonderful aspects of our relationship and I really love him, but in moments like this I feel so unloved by him and like I'm not a priority at all. Like, just answer the phone! Communicate with me! I am in this situation multiple times a week and I have begged him to just keep his phone with him on vibrate so he can communicate with me. Sometimes I feel so angry in these moments that I just want to pack my bags and leave and never see him again!

Help! Advice? What do I do? How do I solve my problem here??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 03:24 PM

1,922 posts, read 917,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
I will be calling him, and he just won't be answering. This happens FREQUENTLY...I just don't feel like a priority to him, how could you not answer your phone for two hours?

I just want to pack my bags and leave and never see him again!

First of all, get your own car or other form of transportation. Then start looking for a place to live, because this guy sounds like he's cheating to me.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:26 PM

122 posts, read 105,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
First of all, get your own car or other form of transportation. Then start looking for a place to live, because this guy sounds like he's cheating to me.
He’s not cheating. He’s ****ing around with chemistry equipment. We’re saving for a house and the shared car gets me where I need to go.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:30 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Have you not started several threads about this?

Old 01-30-2024, 03:31 PM

22,600 posts, read 47,707,443 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/pers...l#post65327162

Here is the previous car thread… and there are numerous boyfriend threads.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:35 PM

1,922 posts, read 917,935 times
Oh Lordt, I missed that.

OP, get a clue and get the hell on down the road. In your own car.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:00 PM

6,876 posts, read 4,880,771 times
Quote:
He’s not cheating. He’s ****ing around with chemistry equipment. We’re saving for a house and the shared car gets me where I need to go.

Apparently it's not getting you where or at least when you want to go or you wouldn't be complaining about it.

When considering all your posts, you are either one of the biggest whiners around or you have a lousy boyfriend that you should dump.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:04 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
Oh OP OP OP...

WHAT keeps you hanging on to a lousy boyfriend? Is it being financially dependent on him? I mean...if that's it, I get it. You're both down to one car (but you could probably find yourself a decent used car, if you really wanted to.) And surely you could find a room mate, if you can't afford housing. I'm assuming you're in a college town...there's probably a lot of housing options.

Or are you afraid no one else wants you? I guess you'll never know if you don't decide you're worth better treatment.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:12 PM

43,145 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Except for when it doesn't as noted in this thread

Old 01-30-2024, 04:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times
Quote:
Hello everyone.

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years. We share a car, it's his, and we are in graduate school. We're PhD students so it's more like a regular job. We get to work between 9 & 10 and sometimes I want to leave earlier than 5 and just work from home, so I do, and then I come pick him up when he calls.

However, some days I need to stay until 5 or 6, and then I will be calling him, and he just won't be answering. This happens FREQUENTLY. Now I recognize sharing a car makes this difficult and puts us in a unique situation, but surely there will be other situations in life where I really need him to answer the phone and communicate with me. I just don't feel like a priority to him, how could you not answer your phone for two hours? You know it's 5 PM, end of the work day, at least have the courtesy of responding to my text! If he wants to stay a few more hours that's fine, but I could at least go home! If he wants to stay 30 more minutes, then I'll wait it out. Why doesn't he think it's a priority to communicate with me??

There are so many wonderful aspects of our relationship and I really love him, but in moments like this I feel so unloved by him and like I'm not a priority at all. Like, just answer the phone! Communicate with me! I am in this situation multiple times a week and I have begged him to just keep his phone with him on vibrate so he can communicate with me. Sometimes I feel so angry in these moments that I just want to pack my bags and leave and never see him again!

Help! Advice? What do I do? How do I solve my problem here??
Have you considered getting your own vehicle? He may be feeling overwhelmed by your neediness? I think it is a situation that needs to be resolved by you, because you have the need. Sorry if I sound a bit tough. But even in marriage you'll have to solve situations at times that are based on your own needs. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships