Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 01:25 PM

122 posts, read 105,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
That's what I was thinking. If he wants a ride, why isn't HE doing the calling? Let him be stranded a time or two and see how he responds.
Often he'll call me to pick him up, I get there, he doesn't answer the phone, and I have to sit in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes. Happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Communication (lack of) is part of the reason that lead me to separation. So a person who doesn't communicate is not someone I would date seriously. I would express that his lack of communication is being perceived by you as a lack of respect.

In that specific situation, I would have said reach out to me when you are ready to be picked up. Stop putting it on you to initiate the communication all the time.
Thats the worst part. He'll call me and say he's ready to be picked up and then I'll get there and call him over and over again, waiting in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes. And he won't even apologize when he gets in the car. "I didn't hear the phone ring."

Old 02-07-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You said:

Yes, it is indeed easy to say that because I've done that and more.

I also had petS.

If you have a bad stomach, you shouldn't have gone to work in the first place.

There are germs everywhere. Based on that argument, we shouldn't go outside at all. No restaurants, no stores, no universities, etc, because there are germs all over in those places, as well.

The point is, she can continue to complain and be miserable that her bf won't answer her calls to come pick her up, or she can get on the damn bus and get herself home.

She can hate it on the bus, or she can ruin her relationship by hating that he won't chauffeur her around like she wants. She does not own the car.

Her options are:

1) irritate her bf, and get ticked enough to throw her dirty laundry out there for anyone to see

2) get on the fricken bus already.
Or we can MOVE. We don't have to live there. I want to move and he doesn't. If he wants to live somewhere with ****ty public transport options then he can share the car with me cooperatively or we can move somewhere closer to campus. He wants the garage and backyard we have so he doesn't want to move. I would move in a heartbeat but I also have a dog and I can't afford an apartment by myself and most roommates wouldn't want a pitbull around.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's disrespectful not to communicate with someone, repeatedly, knowing that they will be contacting you. If he doesn't want to do it, he should tell you he doesn't want to do it instead of playing this dumb game. If I get disrespected, I don't hang around. Have some respect for yourself.

On the other hand, the OP is also being disrespectful to her bf. The bus takes an hour and a half? So what? I used to take the bus to and from school, then to and from work after school. You will survive, and it stops the nonsense of being ticked off because your bf doesn't want to get into his car and drive.

Remember, it's his car and his time.

Were this a healthy relationship, this wouldn't even be a problem, but it's not, so maybe you should find other living arrangements.
There's no reason I should have to do this. We don't have to live where we live. He doesn't want to move because he likes our house. I want to move.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:37 PM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
He has zero respect for you.

There is no reason, IMHO, for you to remain in this relationship. You should have ended it with him long ago... this has been going on far too long.

You know he will not change, right? Can you live the rest of your life this way?

Old 02-07-2024, 01:39 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,060,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
HE is the one who works irregular hours. He can never tell me when he’s going to be done. Today it was supposed to be 7:15. I go there at 7:15. He says he needs 15 more minutes. Then he says he needs another half hour. I just drove home after that and told him to Uber. I went home and took care of our dog and he can’t give me the respect of being ready to go? It’s just ridiculous.
Maybe it's time to see about purchasing a 2nd car. Sometimes you can get a deal on a used car. Seems this is the only option to stop the driving issue, but I'm assuming he's like this on other issues as well. If you need a quick reply, tell him. If he still ignores you then do what you have to do for you. Whatever that is.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Maybe it's time to see about purchasing a 2nd car. Sometimes you can get a deal on a used car. Seems this is the only option to stop the driving issue, but I'm assuming he's like this on other issues as well. If you need a quick reply, tell him. If he still ignores you then do what you have to do for you. Whatever that is.
So I purchase a second car, which will be like all my money and I'll have to dip into my savings. Then, my walk to my building will be 30 minutes rather than 15 since we won't be able to use the carpool lot. Not to mention I'll owe $500 for a new parking pass. Then, we might break up anyways, and then I'll have to move into my own apartment, doubling my rent costs, and I'll have the unnecessary expense of a car that I don't need since I'll just move close to campus. Buying a car makes no sense. We don't have to live where we currently do.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:52 PM

1,978 posts, read 946,985 times
Quote:
he doesn't answer the phone, and I have to sit in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes. Happens all the time.

Only because you allow him to walk all over you. How long will you be a doormat, coming here to whine and make excuses while he continues to wipe his feet on your back?

Old 02-07-2024, 02:03 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Not every area of the country has good public transport. It's a 15 minute for me to get home but 1.5 hours via bus requiring two transfers.
How much for an Uber?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-07-2024, 02:04 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
So I purchase a second car, which will be like all my money and I'll have to dip into my savings. Then, my walk to my building will be 30 minutes rather than 15 since we won't be able to use the carpool lot. Not to mention I'll owe $500 for a new parking pass. Then, we might break up anyways, and then I'll have to move into my own apartment, doubling my rent costs, and I'll have the unnecessary expense of a car that I don't need since I'll just move close to campus. Buying a car makes no sense. We don't have to live where we currently do.
Break up. Too many complaints. Too many excuses.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships