Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 02:52 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisthelove96 View Post
Thats the worst part. He'll call me and say he's ready to be picked up and then I'll get there and call him over and over again, waiting in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes. And he won't even apologize when he gets in the car. "I didn't hear the phone ring."
Then leave. You sit there for 10-15 minutes with no communication, go home. "I thought you must have gotten a ride, because surely you would have been waiting for my text."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 06:57 PM

867 posts, read 724,463 times
The answer to the OP's question is in the first eight words of the thread title, only slightly rearranged.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:21 PM

22,602 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
The answer to the OP's question is in the first eight words of the thread title, only slightly rearranged.
She deserves better and should not accept his poor planning/communicating.
But, alas, she will, and she has, for several years now.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:44 PM

867 posts, read 724,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
She deserves better and should not accept his poor planning/communicating.
But, alas, she will, and she has, for several years now.

Yes, it's her longstanding refusal to do anything about this that prompted my glib post.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:12 AM

424 posts, read 269,256 times
Quote:
So I purchase a second car, which will be like all my money and I'll have to dip into my savings. Then, my walk to my building will be 30 minutes rather than 15 since we won't be able to use the carpool lot. Not to mention I'll owe $500 for a new parking pass. Then, we might break up anyways, and then I'll have to move into my own apartment, doubling my rent costs, and I'll have the unnecessary expense of a car that I don't need since I'll just move close to campus. Buying a car makes no sense. We don't have to live where we currently do.
1. Break up with him. He doesn’t value you.
2. Find a place that has public transit where you can keep your pit bull, unless you want to let boyfriend keep the pit bull.
3. You will be over him by the time you move. You’re only together for convenience anyway.

Old 02-08-2024, 12:17 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
How about on the days you pick him up, you make him call you for two hours first?

Old 02-08-2024, 12:19 PM

2,114 posts, read 1,051,679 times
Quote:
So I purchase a second car, which will be like all my money and I'll have to dip into my savings. Then, my walk to my building will be 30 minutes rather than 15 since we won't be able to use the carpool lot. Not to mention I'll owe $500 for a new parking pass. Then, we might break up anyways, and then I'll have to move into my own apartment, doubling my rent costs, and I'll have the unnecessary expense of a car that I don't need since I'll just move close to campus. Buying a car makes no sense. We don't have to live where we currently do.
Well, if you're counting on breaking up, this conversation is moot. Maybe that's the answer. Or you could try doing to him what he does to you and if he texts you, just ignore him. Maybe that will get his attention. It sounds to me that he just doesn't care anymore but I could be wrong.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:20 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
There's no reason I should have to do this. We don't have to live where we live. He doesn't want to move because he likes our house. I want to move.
There's 'no reason'? Really?

Here's your reason: If you truly care to keep your relationship going, then you're going to have to stop complaining that everything isn't going your way, and find a way to get yourself home. You are not entitled to the use of his car.

Oh well, you have to wait for the bus and transfer to another bus. Do you have any idea just how many people do this, daily?

It's not all about you, but the fact that you insist he should be answering your calls to drive you places, the fact that you think he needs to want to move shows me that you care little about him and his wants. If he isn't answering the phone, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to answer the phone. You haven't made that connection yet?

He calls you to pick him up when he's been charitable enough to lend you his car, and because he's not standing there in the parking lot, and you have to wait 20 minutes, you find another reason to complain.

When do you stop complaining and instead be thankful and grateful that you even have use of someone elses car, at times. That you have a place to live, when too many don't. That you have someone to help you pay the bills...which makes me wonder, are you using this person to live cheaply and sometimes use of a car that you don't own, because it doesn't seem that you really care what he thinks or wants. This all comes across as if it's all about you.

Well, it's not. There are 2 people in this relationship, and guess what. You are not going to always get what you want. There's another person there who also has wants. Keep dismissing what they want, and watch what happens.

You can get over it and find ways to get yourself home.

You can keep complaining about everything and find yourself alone.

The audacity to state, 'I shouldn't have to do that'...well, maybe if you stopped complaining and acting entitled about everything, the other person would be more likely to want to do some of the things you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships