Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkinswife View Post
Although I respect the idea of open marriage and encourage others to do what they feel comfortable with, I personally get enraged at the mere thought of my man cheating much less being allowed to do so. Lets just say I could never do it! But more power to those who can and had success. I'd be on "Snapped" and thats an understatement!
You and me both. To me sex is exclusive in a marriage. It's just part of the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 AM

542 posts, read 1,928,505 times
Wow.. swinging without a condom?? hmmmm That's ... ewwwww lol.

What's the difference between poly & swinging?? I don't know much on either topic.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,265,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The swinging lifestyle is bigger now then ever in the past. The internet has opened up a lot of new ways for people to connect and couples are taking advantage.
There's even a new show on CBS that's about the lifestyle. It's called Swingtown. The setting is the 70's though.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 AM

271 posts, read 1,061,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
There's even a new show on CBS that's about the lifestyle. It's called Swingtown. The setting is the 70's though.

I've watched this show, and it'll be interesting to see where it goes, im sure at one point jealousy will come into play, so far, i like the show.

As for me..........Hellllllll no, to all of it, swinging, open marriage, i am way too much of a jealous person to ever be ok with any of if, even something that's more common like threesomes, does not work for me.......i'm open to doing anything sexually with my man, as long as it's just him and i!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
What's the difference between poly & swinging?? I don't know much on either topic.
Swinging is basically sex in numbers - an orgy with a few extra rules thrown in. Normally a swinger is married. All they are usually interested in is the physical aspect.

Polyamory is usually a more defined, closer-knit grouping, whose members may or may not be married - almost like an intimate club - where sex may be part of the equation but doesn't assume overblown importance. In poly relationships it's common to have the women befriend each other and have talk-buddies, chick-flick partners and a few extra shoulders to lean on in tough times. For the men, sex (as usual) is a little more important but they also usually enjoy the greater choice of partners. All benefit in that what one partner is lacking the other can usually make up for.

Swingers like to think that love doesn't exist; polys believe that love cannot be confined to one person. Swingers get together, do their thing, then rush home. Polys will take time to enjoy the refractory period, intimate talk and long goodbyes.

The one thing to learn from all this?

A man will fake a relationship for an orgasm, but a woman will fake an orgasm for a relationship.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,265,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The one thing to learn from all this?

A man will fake a relationship for an orgasm, but a woman will fake an orgasm for a relationship.
^Quote of the day.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:25 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,249 times
I had a hard time with one wife. I couldn't handle two or more.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I had a hard time with one wife. I couldn't handle two or more.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they see them as wives - more like "partners".

I know - nit-picking, but that's how it is...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
I've watched this show, and it'll be interesting to see where it goes, im sure at one point jealousy will come into play, so far, i like the show.

As for me..........Hellllllll no, to all of it, swinging, open marriage, i am way too much of a jealous person to ever be ok with any of if, even something that's more common like threesomes, does not work for me.......i'm open to doing anything sexually with my man, as long as it's just him and i!
I'm with you... it makes for spicy conversation at times , but when it comes right down to it I wouldn't be able to do it.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,417,031 times
It's alot more common than you people think. I know several couples who have open relationships and are perfectly happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships