Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times

Advertisements

In my case my wife and I are totally the opppsites. I am introvert she's extrovert. She's a people person, outgoing (to some extent), a person that everybody wants to talk to, funny, sarcastic. She gets on the phone and could talk for hours on numerous subjects. I am antisocial, reserved to myself, clumsy, the most I would talk ont he phone is 2 minutes. Don't know if this matter but she's white and I am hispanic but when we're home with our kids it's a totally different story. We think alike, deal with issues as one head, we tried to be a step ahead of each other and we get alone awesomely well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:51 AM

28,937 posts, read 30,291,282 times
I think opposites do attract...

if you have two mature confident educated people who are looking for someone who is somewhat compatible, but has more to offer to the person and relationship, spiritually, morally and intellectually, it compliments the couple...they both gain from each other.

if you have one very loyal moral person, and one who was raised to believe it's ok to cheat, it's ok to hit, it's ok to go out with friends all the time, and is undeducated both morally and spiritally, it's not going to work.

It depends on how great the opposites are...I chose the bad boys who had nothing in common with me morally or spiritually, and it never works. They didn't respect themselves, therefore, were not able to respect me or my feelings. They had no confidence.

I had great dreams of education, travel and intellectual progression...they had no interest, what so ever in that. It is overwhelmingly stagnating...and at the time, I was a kid, and myself, had no concept of where I was going. KNew what I wanted but didn't at the time, know how to acheive it.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM

8,960 posts, read 20,385,036 times
Opposites attract......YES!
My wife and I are pretty opposite when it comes to personalities! I have a pretty outgoing, aggressive, at times sarcastic and very funny personality that she loves. She is more of the quiet type, but at times I can see some of the same personality traits that I have. I love to cook, she doesn't like cooking that much, so I'm the Chef in our household and I'm fine with that! I'm currently unemployed, so I vaccum/dust our apartment, load/run the dishwasher, wash all of our clothes and cook.
As far as "fun things" go, we are very compatible....boating, fishing and many other things, including photography.
By the way, we are 59/60 yrs. old and have been married for 7 1/2 yrs. now.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
No, I dislike people that are the extreme opposite of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships