Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
There are a lot of wonderful well rounded women out there. You just have to look in the right places, you can't look in the sewer and expect to find a treasure.
And what would make these women look into the sewer...?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 04:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I had a friend back in college who told me of his situation. He has a girlfriend who threw things and physically attacked him. When he striked back, she called the cops. He was arrested, but she wasn't. And I think that's messed up. She started it, and she should have been arrested too.
Maybe you should hate cops then, most of whom are men. You've got a point with this domestic violence thing but it does seem like you're using it as an enabler for you hatred of women. Men are just as responsible for the double standard and probably even more so for the uneven enforcement.

Read this and pay special attention to # 2 external link

Old 07-14-2012, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
1 month ago, my ex girlfriend started by throwing her soda all over me, while I was trying to help her out with a ride. After I told her I wasnt going to help her anymore, she went berserk. I pulled onto the freeway and she first attempted to grab the steering wheel, and pull it towards her side as hard as she could so I would crash into the brush/bushes/ec. I stopped the car on the shoulder of the freeway where she then pulled off the passenger side visor of my car then threw it out of the window. Next was my rearview mirror. She started reaching for my stuff in my center console. When I grabbed her hands to stop her, she bit me as hard as she could on the wrist. When she stopped I let go, and told her repeatedly to get the *$#@ out of my car and of course she refused. I thou8ght she had calmed down enough to at least pull off the freeway so I checked for traffic and put the car in gear. I then had seen her kick my steering column causing my wiperblade switch to go flying across my face. As I watched it she kicked me in the side of the face twice. I then blocked as many as I could with my forearm leaving many and big bruises. When I was able to get off the freeway, she started yelling "help me" out of the window. I then pulled over again, and told her to get out then. I reached across to open the door for her and she started to punch me in the head. I then grabbed her purse, and threw it out of my window. She started yelling for me to get it, yeah &*^^ing right. A passer-by started walking up to my car from in front of us, and asked if we needed help. I told her 2 times to "Call the cops". When I did that, my ex GF then jumped out of my car, and I floored it then second she did. Went straight to the police station and told them what happened.
After 2hrs one of the Sheriffs tells me "Im not taking sides, Im just going by whom I believe to be the aggressor" and handcuffs me. Despite all my defensive wounds, the damage to my car, and the holes in my ex's story, the lady who was walking up to my car says she had seen me hit my ex before I threw her purse out of the window. When it was my ex hitting me. I got labled the "aggressor" which was insanely stupid. My ex, didnt even get arrested. Which was even stupider. The most awesome part, less than 2hrs before this all took place, my ex was released from College Hospital Mental Institution for the 3rd time.She had no wounds on her what-so-ever. Not on her head where she claims to have been hit. I had no markings on my hands, only my wrists and forearms from her bite and kicking me. But the "witness" seen me, despite evidence of it happening, and I get thrown in jail for the first time ever in my life.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,478,458 times
My female ex physically abused me severely (I'm also female) for 2 years and completely got away with it. People saw the marks but everyone suspected my male roommate was the perpetrator. The first time she hit him, we came out with the truth, to everyone's shock, and ran away together. The only people who weren't shocked were the cops (who I assume see a lot more of what actually happens.)

I don't know the statistics, but it's also worth considering female-on-female domestic violence, and also DV within the context of all intimate relationships, not just spousal ones. There's a lot of parent-child, and sibling DV situations that also happen, that could just as easily be female-on-male or female-on-female.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,272 times
The main statement is this....Follow the money. States, counties, and cities make a lot of money off of domestic violence incidents. This is all tied up in the crime bills approved by Congress. Funding for the following agencies comes out thoses very crime bills: police departments, courts, women's advocacy agencies, distric attorney offices, domestic violence & anger management centers, and court appointed and private attorney offices.

It's a money racket, and inorder to keep the funding coming in, the definition of "domestic violence" gets broader and broader every year. Please, tell me what can't be considered as "Domestic Violence". If you don't believe me, look it up.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,138,920 times
Honestly, the whole social prohibition about hitting females has gone a bit too far...now I wouldn't dream of hitting a woman, but people, self defense is self defense! If a woman is beating up a guy, he has EVERY RIGHT to defend himself (without going to far)! If she lunges at him and pummels him, he has a right first to sock her in the jaw, and push her away so she can't do anything. Nothing unreasonable about that, is there?

If a man can't even do that than what is he suppose to do? Stand there and take it 'like a man?' I like the pepper spray idea. Men hitting women may be cowardly, but a woman hitting a man and expecting him not to fight back is 10 times as cowardly. It's basically like hitting a little child who can't defend himself! What a disgusting turn of events, these dirty hoes should be in the slammer, where they can get beat the fudge up by butch lesbians.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,294,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
From what I've read, if a woman physically assaults her husband, he calls the cops, but he gets arrested for nothing. The law enforcement and the court are sexists!
Ten years ago maybe, but these days they arrest the women, especially if they left marks on the men.

No one should be beating another person up.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,138,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkinthedark View Post
1 month ago, my ex girlfriend started by throwing her soda all over me, while I was trying to help her out with a ride. After I told her I wasnt going to help her anymore, she went berserk. I pulled onto the freeway and she first attempted to grab the steering wheel, and pull it towards her side as hard as she could so I would crash into the brush/bushes/ec. I stopped the car on the shoulder of the freeway where she then pulled off the passenger side visor of my car then threw it out of the window. Next was my rearview mirror. She started reaching for my stuff in my center console. When I grabbed her hands to stop her, she bit me as hard as she could on the wrist. When she stopped I let go, and told her repeatedly to get the *$#@ out of my car and of course she refused. I thou8ght she had calmed down enough to at least pull off the freeway so I checked for traffic and put the car in gear. I then had seen her kick my steering column causing my wiperblade switch to go flying across my face. As I watched it she kicked me in the side of the face twice. I then blocked as many as I could with my forearm leaving many and big bruises. When I was able to get off the freeway, she started yelling "help me" out of the window. I then pulled over again, and told her to get out then. I reached across to open the door for her and she started to punch me in the head. I then grabbed her purse, and threw it out of my window. She started yelling for me to get it, yeah &*^^ing right. A passer-by started walking up to my car from in front of us, and asked if we needed help. I told her 2 times to "Call the cops". When I did that, my ex GF then jumped out of my car, and I floored it then second she did. Went straight to the police station and told them what happened.
After 2hrs one of the Sheriffs tells me "Im not taking sides, Im just going by whom I believe to be the aggressor" and handcuffs me. Despite all my defensive wounds, the damage to my car, and the holes in my ex's story, the lady who was walking up to my car says she had seen me hit my ex before I threw her purse out of the window. When it was my ex hitting me. I got labled the "aggressor" which was insanely stupid. My ex, didnt even get arrested. Which was even stupider. The most awesome part, less than 2hrs before this all took place, my ex was released from College Hospital Mental Institution for the 3rd time.She had no wounds on her what-so-ever. Not on her head where she claims to have been hit. I had no markings on my hands, only my wrists and forearms from her bite and kicking me. But the "witness" seen me, despite evidence of it happening, and I get thrown in jail for the first time ever in my life.
What a psycho. I would've just pushed her out of the car. That sheriff should be stripped off his badge, and at the same time beaten up by a woman like you were to see how he likes it.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkinthedark View Post
I dont think your telling the whole story. When you go to the police department on a domestic, you talk to the warrant writer. If they believe your story, they write a warrent for arrest. A sheriff dosent write warrants. If it were an arrest situation, the sheriff would have been called on the scene and made a determination on who was the actual agressor.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think your telling the whole story. When you go to the police department on a domestic, you talk to the warrant writer. If they believe your story, they write a warrent for arrest. A sheriff dosent write warrants. If it were an arrest situation, the sheriff would have been called on the scene and made a determination on who was the actual agressor.
No, that is the whole story. Immediately following the incident I drove myself to the Sheriff station and asked the receptionist or whatever she was, to speak to someone about pressing charges on my Ex. While I was giving my statement another deputy had picked up my Ex and was getting her statement, which I had no idea was happening of course. The Deputy that I was speaking to went back and forth 2 or 3 times between the two of us until he made a phone call to the so called "witness", then came out and arrested me with his "proof" of me being the "aggressor" (which is absolutely asinine).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships