Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,659,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
From what I've read, if a woman physically assaults her husband, he calls the cops, but he gets arrested for nothing. The law enforcement and the court are sexists!

In these days, how often do women get away with domestic violence? Whats the percentage?

I've had a friend whose girlfriend struck him, then he fought back, then he went to jail.

If women are perpretrators of domestic violence and tries to attack their men, what's the best way for men to handle these animals without any violence? Could it be grabbing an arm, dodging or blocking attacks?

They should leave the situation immediately.

Last edited by 8635angelvalley; 07-30-2012 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: typing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,287,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkinthedark View Post
No, that is the whole story. Immediately following the incident I drove myself to the Sheriff station and asked the receptionist or whatever she was, to speak to someone about pressing charges on my Ex. While I was giving my statement another deputy had picked up my Ex and was getting her statement, which I had no idea was happening of course. The Deputy that I was speaking to went back and forth 2 or 3 times between the two of us until he made a phone call to the so called "witness", then came out and arrested me with his "proof" of me being the "aggressor" (which is absolutely asinine).
A man's word vs a woman's word in cases like domestic violence, abuse, harrassment, etc. it's pretty much her word. That could be another of the many reasons why men just don't look for help. Asking for help, like in your case, can put you in trouble.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM

36,606 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkinthedark View Post
No, that is the whole story. Immediately following the incident I drove myself to the Sheriff station and asked the receptionist or whatever she was, to speak to someone about pressing charges on my Ex. While I was giving my statement another deputy had picked up my Ex and was getting her statement, which I had no idea was happening of course. The Deputy that I was speaking to went back and forth 2 or 3 times between the two of us until he made a phone call to the so called "witness", then came out and arrested me with his "proof" of me being the "aggressor" (which is absolutely asinine).

Quote:
After 2hrs one of the Sheriffs tells me "Im not taking sides, Im just going by whom I believe to be the aggressor" and handcuffs me. Despite all my defensive wounds, the damage to my car, and the holes in my ex's story, the lady who was walking up to my car says she had seen me hit my ex before I threw her purse out of the window. When it was my ex hitting me. I got labled the "aggressor" which was insanely stupid. My ex, didnt even get arrested. Which was even stupider. The most awesome part, less than 2hrs before this all took place, my ex was released from College Hospital Mental Institution for the 3rd time.She had no wounds on her what-so-ever. Not on her head where she claims to have been hit. I had no markings on my hands, only my wrists and forearms from her bite and kicking me. But the "witness" seen me, despite evidence of it happening, and I get thrown in jail for the first time ever in my life.
It sounds to me that you both went to the sheriffs office to file charges, argued for 2 hours before a witness showed up. I bet the officer didnt see your car or know your ex had been in a mental institution. You have he said she said then a witness supporting her statement. Thats all the officer needs to arrest one of you. And they will arrest one of you in a domestic. If you have a witness that seals the deal. It is then the courts job to find the truth.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,019,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
They could try to just walk away, but most women who are violent like that will just follow them.
Spray them in the face with pepper spray or something. That will shut `em up!! (I kid)
Couldn`t they just hold them down until they calmed down?
Sometimes, the woman may be a hee-man and be alot stronger than the man, then I guess that idea would be out.
Go get her a punching bag, and tell her to wear herself out!

These woman-on-man violence threads typically get shut down quick if anyone starts producing data, so we're limited to hearsay and anecdotal evidence.

I know that in the military, when there are domestic violence disputes and the MPs arrive, if it's man-on-woman, the man is arrested and removed from the scene. If it's woman-on-man and there are children present, the woman is arrested, but if not, the man is told to pack some clothes and find a place to stay -- he still is the one who has to leave unless deadly intent can be proved.

That's been my observation in the few civilian cases to which I've been observationally privy as well: Woman is only removed if it potentially involves children OR if deadly intent or the potential thereof can be readily demonstrated; otherwise, the guy is told to pack and get out for his own safety.

As for holding her down until she chills -- no, that can't be done. It's illegal. It's called "assault" and it gets HIM thrown in the clink.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
These woman-on-man violence threads typically get shut down quick if anyone starts producing data, so we're limited to hearsay and anecdotal evidence.

I know that in the military, when there are domestic violence disputes and the MPs arrive, if it's man-on-woman, the man is arrested and removed from the scene. If it's woman-on-man and there are children present, the woman is arrested, but if not, the man is told to pack some clothes and find a place to stay -- he still is the one who has to leave unless deadly intent can be proved.

That's been my observation in the few civilian cases to which I've been observationally privy as well: Woman is only removed if it potentially involves children OR if deadly intent or the potential thereof can be readily demonstrated; otherwise, the guy is told to pack and get out for his own safety.

As for holding her down until she chills -- no, that can't be done. It's illegal. It's called "assault" and it gets HIM thrown in the clink.

Perhaps it varies from region to region or officer to officer. My brother is an officer and he has taken his share of women to jail when called on a domestic. Its basically a judgement call determined by which one appears to be most agressive and which one looks like they have been asulted. Previous altercations and witnesses also come into play. If an officer is called on a domestic someone WILL go to jail, they no longer just tell on party to leave. As far as going to the police station, its who gets there first and if you convience the warrent writer that you were asulted. Thats all it takes. Thats how it is here anyway.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,982 times
Quote:
Well, I wish abused men could go to the police, but the cops are too stupid to realize that women can caue domestic violence too. If it was legal and a woman tried to attack me, I would probably turn the tables to make sure she'll never try that again.
So true. The cops turned a complete blind eye even when my ex (female) was incredibly abusive and violent to me (female) and my roommate (male). He called the cops on her and they just showed up, told her to "calm down" and left. Now if it were my roommate beating up me and my ex, I'm pretty sure it would have gone down differently.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Women probably get away with it quite often and you will not find an accurate percentage as a good amount of men will feel too embarrassed to report it.
Keep in mind that also, some female perpetrators are victimizing women as well, whether it be partner abuse, mother-daughter, sibling, or some other kind of female-female intimate relationship.

I definitely believe the only way to get around this double standard is to run away, which is exactly what my roommate and I did.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not into homosexuality. I try not to hate women, but they bring it on themselves.
Yep. Your hatred of women is somehow their fault.

How about trying to meet women and start relationships with women who treat you well to begin with?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Keep in mind that also, some female perpetrators are victimizing women as well, whether it be partner abuse, mother-daughter, sibling, or some other kind of female-female intimate relationship.

I definitely believe the only way to get around this double standard is to run away, which is exactly what my roommate and I did.
That is exactly what keeps these type double standards alive. I dont have much sympathy for folks who wont stand up for their rights, tuck tail and run then blame everyone else. Not too long ago it was legal for a husband to beat and rape his wife. Women had little recourse in the courts. Many brave women stood up and fought back. Many lost everything in doing so to secure the rights women have today.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,208,438 times
Women provoke and hit guys all the time, knowing he can't do anything because she's a female.

Then as soon as he hits her, then you hear

"but but imma girl"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships