Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,274,729 times

Advertisements

Well, after my dad told my step mother he wanted a divorce she threatened to shoot him. He is almost completely deaf so we were worried about her coming up behind him when his hearing aids were out and shoot him.

He called the police, 4 police cars came and one even came in over the back fence and into their living room to arrest her. She stood trial and will never be able to own a handgun again. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,383,316 times
In Tennessee as long as you purchase your handgun at a trade show laws governing back ground checks do not apply. You might check your local laws on that. I'm not saying she wouldn't be prosecuted for illegal possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony but there are so many loopholes.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,221,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
From what I've read, if a woman physically assaults her husband, he calls the cops, but he gets arrested for nothing. The law enforcement and the court are sexists!

In these days, how often do women get away with domestic violence? Whats the percentage?

I've had a friend whose girlfriend struck him, then he fought back, then he went to jail.

If women are perpretrators of domestic violence and tries to attack their men, what's the best way for men to handle these animals without any violence? Could it be grabbing an arm, dodging or blocking attacks?
WOW! Another women bashing post by LAFan!!! Do you ever have anything positive to say about women??? I believe that the more you dwell on the negative aspects of women, the less likely you will ever be in a happy relationship with one. Start thinking positive thoughts about them!!!!! Seriously.

If I was constantly talking negatively about men like you do about women, I would still be chronically and permanently single and lonely. You are definitely a top candidate to run for the president of the He-Man Woman Haters Club.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,221,665 times
And back on topic, if you ever have a girlfriend that tries to hit you, just run away from her as fast as you can. Don't try to defend yourself, just leave the situation and cut her out of your life. No one needs a girlfriend (or boyfriend) or drama like that in their lives, no matter how hot looking they are. But it's also further proof that no should never rush into having a relationship with someone until they really get to know them. And if they aren't worthy of being platonic friend material, then you sure as hell don't want them for a s/o.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:04 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,383,316 times
Or put a gun in her hand, squeeze the trigger shooting yourself in the leg then run away...well ok hobble and cry on the nice policemen's shoulder.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,522,207 times
A girlfriend of mine lives in Portland OR and she had a friend who pressed charges on his girlfriend for assault. He had scratch marks all up and down his back and chest and a giant bruise from the toaster she threw at him. She would up going to jail for it, getting fined and I believe is still on probation for it.

I personally could never physically injure my husband unless he put something very important where it didn't belong, if you get my drift.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM

371 posts, read 895,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post

I personally could never physically injure my husband unless he put something very important where it didn't belong, if you get my drift.
I think I get your drift. You're saying,if he cheated on you,you would.

Would it be alright for a man to do the same,if his wife cheated on him?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,522,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I think I get your drift. You're saying,if he cheated on you,you would.

Would it be alright for a man to do the same,if his wife cheated on him?
I would definitely expect it! I'm a very equal person, if a woman punches like a man, she should expect to get punched back like a man. But for a man's own best interest he shouldn't punch a woman because he is a lot more likely to be put in jail. It's strange to me how in most instances men are expected to have less self control than women, but when it comes to domestic violence the man is expected to have more self control. Doesn't make too much sense.

I think we all should maintain the same amount of self control on all aspects.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM

371 posts, read 895,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
I would definitely expect it! I'm a very equal person, if a woman punches like a man, she should expect to get punched back like a man. But for a man's own best interest he shouldn't punch a woman because he is a lot more likely to be put in jail. It's strange to me how in most instances men are expected to have less self control than women, but when it comes to domestic violence the man is expected to have more self control. Doesn't make too much sense.

I think we all should maintain the same amount of self control on all aspects.
I'm also a very equal person,but I partially disagree.
I don't think either sex ever has the right to take a swing at the other,except in self-defense.

I do agree though,that if a woman throws a punch,she should expect to get one back. (though being a nice guy,I'd probably give her a warning first.)

Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,874,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I'm also a very equal person,but I partially disagree.
I don't think either sex ever has the right to take a swing at the other,except in self-defense.

I do agree though,that if a woman throws a punch,she should expect to get one back. (though being a nice guy,I'd probably give her a warning first.)
I think the law should change, because women are getting away with too many stuff if they're the perpretrators. If it was legal and a woman tried to attack me, I'll probably warn her on the first attempt. If she tries the second time and she happned to hit me, she should expect a punch or a kick in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships