Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM

874 posts, read 3,682,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think you were both tired
This could be true..

Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,272,235 times
Young and tired. Everything will be fine.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 PM

14 posts, read 37,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
...Things got escalated and he yells that I'm being childish and I act like the only reason I'm with him is for sex and I say "What other reason would I have" and it was like someone pushed the pause button.

Personally I would have said something like. "You've got to be joking me, your little peter couldn't lift napkin."

Then again you pissed him off more than you were...so you got what you were after.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
i like the dating thing much much better. because you are more than willing to try to make amends and fix things. married its just suck it up buddy be a man. yours is much healthier way of doing things. thanks for sharing.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM

6 posts, read 24,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
You don't sound ready to be in a relationship with anyone. He should run, not walk, away from you. You're out of control and not a little sadistic. Your willingness to cause him pain and anxiety and then just chalk it up to "temper" and "being dramatic" is so wrong. I hope he goes away, stays away and gets over you quickly. You need more maturity and self-awareness. And talking to a professional wouldn't hurt either. You have some issues.
This sounds really mean! (a lil funny too tho) but mean!

@topic, It's good you acknowledge that you've a problem. That's a good start. In addition to letting us know, you should let your BF know too that you are willing and trying to turn over a new leaf (which you are i think) so that's great too.

24?? hmm a lil immature for that age - but it could just be your personality, who you are, and maybe that means he's not the right guy for handling you. My mum was/is kind of really sadistic in nature...O_o but married happily 25+ years so far to the same man.

eitherway you got friends and support here for sure!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,314,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i like the dating thing much much better. because you are more than willing to try to make amends and fix things. married its just suck it up buddy be a man. yours is much healthier way of doing things. thanks for sharing.
This makes no sense whatsoever - both the comment about marriage, and saying that her way of doing things is healthy. It's far from healthy.

When my husband and I have an issue to deal with, we talk about things and fix them. In 6+ years of marriage, I can count on one hand the number of times we've had shouting matches. We don't bottle up our feelings, and we don't fly off the handle. If something is bothering one of us, we talk about it - calmly. If one of us is stressed, the other one tries to help. It's a partnership - the way it should be.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 AM

55 posts, read 124,364 times
I havent had time to read all threads but natalayjones did you work anything out?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:21 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,396,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Frankly, I think your boyfriend should dump you -- seems to me that he deserves to be with someone who doesn't hurt his feelings. On the other hand, you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and figure out why you are so selfish and feel the need to be mean and hurtful.
Guess it's a good thing you're not my boyfriend then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
I believe that she will grow out of her tantrums, she may have to pay for the circumstances..but she can't be something she's not. She's heading in the right direction. She knows that she's wrong and she will have to make some changes. But as I read the other threads..I felt like you guys were being too hard on her. JMO.
I don't do this often - reading through the threads I guess i gave people the impression that this is something we do every Tuesday night right after So You Think You Can Dance. We very rarely argue.

I think it was just a bunch of little stuff that had been bothering me all week and that was like the drop that broke the dam.

I came home upset one day because the faxmail on my pc was broken so i had to use the main office fax. He patted me on the back and said "it's okay" which just made me even more upset. Sometimes I just need to vent.
If he had said "That sucks" I would have felt 100% better but "it's okay" just makes me feel stupid. I know using the main fax is not the end of the world but can't you just let me ***** about it for 2 seconds

Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 AM

22,383 posts, read 19,299,750 times
again, what i hear here is a lot of blaming others and making excuses for her own behavior

and what is flagrantly missing is NOT taking responsibility for her actions, words, behavior, and the consequences of her actions

grow up, get some improved communication skills, stop blaming others, and start taking responsibility.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,314,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Sometimes I just need to vent.
If he had said "That sucks" I would have felt 100% better but "it's okay" just makes me feel stupid. I know using the main fax is not the end of the world but can't you just let me ***** about it for 2 seconds
I can understand that. However, he may feel that he's being comforting, and not realize it's frustrating for you.

What I would recommend is that you tell him, at a time when you are not angry, how you feel about it. Say something close to what you said here. For instance, "When I am stressed about something small, like the fax not working, it's frustrating for someone to tell me it's ok. I would rather just vent about it, or have you say, 'You're right - that sucks.'"

When you present it like this, you're not putting him on the defensive. When you present the problem at a time when you're not angry, both of you will be more open to resolving the problem - emotions will not be in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships