Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:06 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,738 times

Advertisements

Love can occur without kisses and hugs ,but it can never occur without tears and agony .
It happened to me most of the time. A few of love + a lot of tears.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 07-25-2008 at 05:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
Oh dear! That's not good. You sound like you've been terribly unlucky. Do you still live in Egypt? Can you tell us more about what single life is like there? I'm sure we don't know how it is.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Love can occur without kisses and hugs ,but it can never occur without tears and agony .
It happened to me most of the time. A few of love + a lot of tears.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:13 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
I believe Nazareth sang it best. Love Hurts.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Oh dear! That's not good. You sound like you've been terribly unlucky. Do you still live in Egypt? Can you tell us more about what single life is like there? I'm sure we don't know how it is.
I am talking about love in general , the concept of love. In different places ,in different times , in different cultures. love is love . if it exsits
I don't want to analyse the feelings of love depend on our cultures
we all fall in love with the same way . we all get sad with the same reasons ( to split up) , or maybe I am wrong.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
You sound so negative. You need to cheer up! Love is a splendid thing!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You sound so negative. You need to cheer up! Love is a splendid thing!
maybe , I am thinking out loud to find out the truth .
Did people really fall in love these days? or just to have relationships in their life.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 07-25-2008 at 05:43 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Did people really fall in love these days? or just to have relationships in their life.
If there are tears and agony, then yes there is love. One cant have happiness with sandness, joy without sorrow or love without pain.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If there are tears and agony, then yes there is love. One cant have happiness with sandness, joy without sorrow or love without pain.
That's where many of us go wrong - associating love with pain.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,884 times
Oddly enough I totally understand the concept. Love can be and is a very complex emotion. It has the possibility of being in the oddest of situations, while also having the ability of not being felt in the most logical of situations.

To say that it can be felt without kisses and hugs, is like the mother who loves their unborn child despite the fact that the child has yet to be held or kissed. It is like the family members that have not seen each other, hugged each other, kissed each other in over 10 years, yet the feeling of love remains. It is the widow who lost their spouse years before yet despite the physical being absent, the love remains.

To say it can never occur without tears and agony, is like saying that someone that someone who lives behind a protective wall, not opening their heart to another enough to feel vulnerable or empathetic doesn't know true love with that person.

In my opinion, when you love someone, you feel all the joy, happiness, excitement that goes along with the feeling. At the same time, you feel all the sadness, sorrow and pain that sometimes comes with it.

Associating love with pain is not always wrong. It is wrong if it is done out of the context in which is healthy but rather done in a manner that is destructive or unhealthy to an individual. Healthy love however does have the ability to feel pain and sorrow. It is the love that causes you to feel the hurt that someone you love feels, the sadness that they may be experiencing. It is like a mother's heart that feels broken when their child's heart is broken and they are in tears. It is empathy. It is a wife who deeply feels the sorrow and disappointment her husband may feel when something bad occurs to him or a husband who can feel his wife's pain as she describes a traumatic event in her life.

Outside of empathy, it is simple vulnerability. In a healthy relationship lLove can mean that we are so exposed to somone that we are vulnerable and can at times feel the pain of a word spoken without thought (which can occur), an action that one or the other fails to continue doing (a common occurrence once comfort zone is reached), a hurdle that together as a couple they need to learn to overcome (marriage is full of these).

In my opinion, even in the healthiest relationships where both people love each other dearly, there are bound to be moments when we inadvertently hurt one another. It is part of relationship and is part of love. If we didn't love the person, we perhaps would not care as much or be as hurt by it. However, true love is when despite that pain, you can still love the person and together work through whatever it was.

But in any given relationship when there is love, there will be moments of laughter and joy, and there will be moments of tears and sorrow. (sorrow meaning pain).

Okay wow..... way tooooooo philosophical for me... not going to even try to re-read what I wrote prior to posting. Just hope it made sense in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships