Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 AM

233 posts, read 827,194 times

Advertisements

How long is the norm to date before having sex?

How long do YOU wait before having sex?

To me, at least 6 months of dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 12:09 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,662 times
3 or 4 weeks seems to be about average. I cant' imagine a guy waiting around 6 months before getting any.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times
I probably wouldn't consider having sex until I was married, or if I ever get married.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:18 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
3 or 4 weeks seems to be about average. I cant' imagine a guy waiting around 6 months before getting any.
I'd say about a month, maybe two,depends on the relationship. If she's a keeper, then maybe longer.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:21 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I probably wouldn't consider having sex until I was married, or if I ever get married.
That would be like buying a car before test driving it.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:25 AM

233 posts, read 827,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I wonder if there are any substantive statistics on this question I'd be interested to know if some researchers have done studies into this. LOL.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,536 times
We waited little over a year untill our wedding night. Been together nearly 17 years now.Worked for me.

Old wise man told me growing up that if she'd give it to me,, then who else would she give it to... I picked one that didn't offer it to me before marrige, and been getting it often for going on 17 years ever since. It's how we were raised, and didn't go to church either. It's a common ( or should be ) thing called respect.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
True story:

I met an Asian girl one time. She was cute but I wasn't sexually attracted to her. She came to my place and we watched a movie. Long story short - she essentially tried to rape me. Of course, I don't get down like that the first time I meet someone, and quite honestly, I think any girl willing to give it up the first night they meet a guy likely has something wrong with them. My opinion.

That said, I don't care how long we wait, but the idea of waiting until after marriage I don't buy into. It'd take me about 3 years to be convinced that someone is worth marrying. To commit myself to someone else financially like that, have sex for the first time and it's not that good...would be a heartbreaker. Not an option.

As long as we can do everything else but "the act", I'll wait indefinitely, but I find that females can't wait that long either. They're either going to turn to a FWB - which means we don't belong together - or she'll claim no sex for X months but then a month later, get frisky.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
How soon to have sex after meeting someone......hummmmmmm???? That is/can be a question that depends on certain situations and mental/physical feelings. Depending on the mental feelings of both people, having sex to fast can definitely DESTROY any hope of a relationship. If one person is thinking "Wow, this persons kisses great and is really turning me on......" and the other person is thinking "I'm in love!" (that instant love/attraction thing), then there could be a real problem having sex to fast. As I learned the hard way when I was single for years, DON'T mix "love" and "sex" to fast!! If either the guy or girl are truely "lonely" (dates very little for whatever reason), and meets that "HOT" looking/acting guy/girl, sex can happen WAYYYYYY to early.
But, back to the question: Unless a couple want sex mainly for the "fun and excitement of it", people should WAIT until their TRUE feeling about each other are expressed in words. If not, 99% of the time, someone is going to get mentally HURT!!
Take it from a 59 year old man that got HURT way to many times due to mixing love with sex to fast!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 AM

127 posts, read 442,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
How long is the norm to date before having sex?

How long do YOU wait before having sex?

To me, at least 6 months of dating.
Yaeh, That's comming from a women's point of view,(not sexist)but I think most males would say a.s.a.p
On the otherhand I can safely say about a month or 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships