Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

That's what I just said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
If it's really love, wouldn't it been constructive rather than destructive? Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
Only if you allow it to. It can cause some havoc in your life, but you can always move on. “This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.” - Susan Schutz

Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times
Unrequited love can be painful, but I don't think love can destroy someone. Love itself is a wonderful thing. It does come with its complications, though. Whether love is lost or not, it can only build you, IMO.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
yes .
love could destroy your life, if you are a little bit naive.
if you don't have an experience of people , you will not be able to make difference between lovers and players.
I think strong feelings can destroy a person's life, but I'm not sure those feelings are "love" -- usually the destructuve stuff is more like jealousy, anger, frustration, etc.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:10 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
I believe that letting someone you love destroy your life is it. Love for the most part is kind and enjoyable. You are not really in love until you have a love that can withstand all the bumps and bruises that comes with it. I have felt like I was in love with 2 ex-boyfriend but then after we broke up I realized that it wasn't love at all, just strong feelings like rcsteiner pointed out. Those strong feeling will destroy you if you let them blind you.

When you find love you will know it.

"Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person we will know how to be grateful."~ Anonymous

Old 08-11-2008, 10:22 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
I think love makes your life......without it (heart break and true love) your just a shell of a person.....good experiences as well as bad experiences make you who you are.......

Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I think love makes your life......without it (heart break and true love) your just a shell of a person.....good experiences as well as bad experiences make you who you are.......
this sounds backwards to me

if someone must have "heartbreak and true love" that sounds to me more like extreme unhealthy neediness and expecting someone to "make you whole" and pain and suffering. That is unhealthy. If someone feels like they are a "shell of a person" without someone else, then that person has some homework to do in the emotional health and self-development department

what is healthy in stead is being a whole person myself, healthy, balanced, complete within my own self, my own life, my own joy and happiness complete. Only then am I really available for and capable of a healthy loving relationship with someone else who is equally mature

two empty people just make for an empty relationship full of pain and suffering

whereas whole people coming together are capable of healthy loving relationship

Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,973 times
Yes, you CAN tell the difference between someone who is sincere, vs. a "player". You just have to trust your instinct, not your heart, because your heart can feel all it wants, but a heart has no brains.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post

if someone must have "heartbreak and true love" that sounds to me more like extreme unhealthy neediness and expecting someone to "make you whole" and pain and suffering. That is unhealthy. If someone feels like they are a "shell of a person" without someone else, then that person has some homework to do in the emotional health and self-development department

what is healthy in stead is being a whole person myself, healthy, balanced, complete within my own self, my own life, my own joy and happiness complete. Only then am I really available for and capable of a healthy loving relationship with someone else who is equally mature

I was talking to you once and you did not reply me.
so you said that I am not mature and respect
Why you said that?
I just wanted to listen to people's opionions.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post

Dudesumraja.....seriously.....I think what I said obviously went up and over

I did not say anything about needing "somone" to make anyone whole. What I did say was.....and i'll break it down a bit for ya ........without experiencing life both the good and the bad, we can not fully develop as people.....you can not learn without experience and you can not truly love without experiencing loss......Love and loss are experiences that you have to have in order to be whole......nothing to do with relying on others.

shheessshhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships