Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,010,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Passed my annual fitness test this morning with flying colors. Finished first out of 9 people testing, left the youngsters almost half my age in the dust.
You follow PX-90?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
You follow PX-90?
I do it once a week to gauge my overall fitness. Most days (four days per week) I do a boxing workout which is very intense, and then I also do my running 3 days a week which I hate. During the spring/summer I try to get some time in on the bike as often as possible as well. Next month I'm going back to weights, so I'll have to find a happy balance between adding some muscle mass and staying toned and keeping the cardio up. Most likely I'll divide workouts between boxing and weights while maintaining three days per week running.

I would really like to improve my swimming since I have access to a nice indoor heated pool here, I swim like a wounded animal.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,010,159 times
Quote:
I do it once a week to gauge my overall fitness. Most days (four days per week) I do a boxing workout which is very intense, and then I also do my running 3 days a week which I hate. During the spring/summer I try to get some time in on the bike as often as possible as well. Next month I'm going back to weights, so I'll have to find a happy balance between adding some muscle mass and staying toned and keeping the cardio up. Most likely I'll divide workouts between boxing and weights while maintaining three days per week running.

I would really like to improve my swimming since I have access to a nice indoor heated pool here, I swim like a wounded animal.
I just started back yesterday - weights and calisthenics. I run as well, but it's mainly indoors, can't handle the pounding from running outside. I guess, I should hop the bike to mix it up. Is PX-90 all that, or is it hype?
The biggest thing for me is sweets - I eat dark chocolate, cookies, ice cream - even with the running, i'll never totally get rid of the fat because I eat the junk.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
I just started back yesterday - weights and calisthenics. I run as well, but it's mainly indoors, can't handle the pounding from running outside. I guess, I should hop the bike to mix it up. Is PX-90 all that, or is it hype?
The biggest thing for me is sweets - I eat dark chocolate, cookies, ice cream - even with the running, i'll never totally get rid of the fat because I eat the junk.
P90X is very good. For once I have to say that something advertised on late night TV isn't just hype. It's a great workout.

I would recommend slowly weening yourself away from the sugar as opposed to going cold turkey. I have a sweet tooth as well, and I've managed to keep it under control. I had to lay off exercise for a few months from Dec - Apr and just got back to the gym last month. That five month layoff did some damage, even though I eat well, I still gained ten pounds just from inactivity. I managed to lose half of that since I've been back and I plan on taking off about 8 - 10 more in the next month before getting back to weights. Feel free to PM me if you'd like some suggestions on alternate workouts, nutrition, and some online instruction. Next time I'm in NYC I can go over some stuff with you in person if you like.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
No I'm nervous.
It will be ok. When you go to kindergarten, you might be the oldest one there and some kids may say some mean things, but just smile and be polite and you'll make some friends there.

However while I am not against you going to kindergarten, I'm just very puzzled as to why you would start attending now.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,330,158 times
Got a great pair of shoes and bag today.....much needed retail therapy! Also bought plane tickets for NYC....here I come!!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,146,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
- told a lovely person that she and her husband are gonna do an awesome job raising their son
- listened to some fun music on the way to work
- am pumping myself up for my first-ever p90x workout, which will give me a ripped six-pack in a few weeks (I have already lost 22 lbs in 3 months and am fairly close to awesome muscular definition)
congrats on the weight loss! post pics of your six pack when you get it

Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,858 times
Quote:
My son had graduated from Pre-K (lol) this weekend. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I was so sentimental through out the whole ceremony. Maybe because he is my first child and I've never experienced this before or maybe the fact that it's his very first cap and gown ceremony. They put up a Grease performance and he was dancing with a pretty girl, it was so cute. I know it's cheesy, I thought I will never be one of those moms who will be gushing about their child, but here I am.

They handed to us a folder with all the artwork he did over the school year. On one of them, they asked him what he loves about his mom. Then they wrote the answer out in highlighter and had him trace over it. I was surprised with his answer. He is turning out to be a smart boy after all.
His drawing of me though is soooo accurate. lol.
Congrats!!!

Nothing can make a grown woman cry like seeing their babies grow up.... and it happens so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Got a great pair of shoes and bag today.....much needed retail therapy! Also bought plane tickets for NYC....here I come!!
You went shopping before you came up to NYC?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
You went shopping before you came up to NYC?
Well........I'm a sucker for a sale and it was a good one! Don't worry, I've been a good girl and saved up to shop on the trip.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
My son had graduated from Pre-K (lol) this weekend. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I was so sentimental through out the whole ceremony. Maybe because he is my first child and I've never experienced this before or maybe the fact that it's his very first cap and gown ceremony. They put up a Grease performance and he was dancing with a pretty girl, it was so cute. I know it's cheesy, I thought I will never be one of those moms who will be gushing about their child, but here I am.

They handed to us a folder with all the artwork he did over the school year. On one of them, they asked him what he loves about his mom. Then they wrote the answer out in highlighter and had him trace over it. I was surprised with his answer. He is turning out to be a smart boy after all.
His drawing of me though is soooo accurate. lol.
MM, he is too sweet!! Time really flies girlfriend so hang on to those treasures.

Quote:
Passed my annual fitness test this morning with flying colors. Finished first out of 9 people testing, left the youngsters almost half my age in the dust.
Congrats Coolhand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.