Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My son got a reading award today for reading 100 books over the course of school year. Well actually I was the one reading it to him (he is just turning 5) and it was way over 100. I'm so proud of my boy, he is developing such love for books. This made me very happy.

That is TERRIfic.

Great Job,

Old 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I guess we can't have every day being happy. I had another melanoma removed today. I will have nice 3 inch scar on my chest now. It got to me while they were doing it, doc says I turned white/grey and I almost fainted, I started getting panic attacks.

I am completely drained and still woosy right now. Laid up in bed for the night. I am not touching my guitar tonight, just hanging with the lap top.

I had such a horrible nightmare last night plus what happened today, the only good thing is the melanoma is now gone. It was a red spot that appeared about three weeks ago, I was surprised it was a melanoma, it looked more like a basil cell.

Given my history of skin cancer I'll have to keep a watch out, which I did this time again. It was called a superficial spreading melanoma that was just on the surface of my skin.

Anyway, not a cheerful post, but hopefully a happy ending. I have experienced panic attacks but never the feeling of almost fainting...jeez.

Hope you all have/had a better day.

Get feelin' really Great reel fast BRo...

Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,860 times
Quote:
My son got a reading award today for reading 100 books over the course of school year. Well actually I was the one reading it to him (he is just turning 5) and it was way over 100. I'm so proud of my boy, he is developing such love for books. This made me very happy.
That is great to hear in this day and age. Congrats to him.

I keep thinking that with all these computers, ipads, ipeds, ipids, ipods, ipuds, etc.... that kids won't even know what a book is. Reminds me of Jon Lovitz in High School High where he shows the class a book and says "this is a book. It opens like this" and all the kids ahhh and ooooh.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Mine is a turquoise piece that dangles around four inches.

There are many multicolored Dragonflies around my basspond...They are Beautiful.

The Hummingbirds & Butterflies are my favorites too.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Congrats to Max!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,329,467 times
Quote:
Awww..that brings back such memories for me. My son loved read and would get so excited over the book fairs at school. Keep encouraging him to read because it really helps his comprehension in so many ways. My son has been in AP classes since elementary school and I believe his strong love for books helped him test higher than average.

YEAH MAX!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Awww..that brings back such memories for me. My son loved read and would get so excited over the book fairs at school. Keep encouraging him to read because it really helps his comprehension in so many ways. My son has been in AP classes since elementary school and I believe his strong love for books helped him test higher than average.

YEAH MAX!!
Gracias Seeniorita!

Tu eres muy amable.

See? I'm learning Spanish now. Maybe my desire to learn another language will improve my reading comprehension, as I've been going "huh??" more and more often on this forum.

You are right though, I've been reading to my son for a long time already and he is so sharp. Still struggling with fine motor skills as a lefty, but we'll keep practicing.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,329,467 times
[quote=max's mama;14346570]Gracias Seeniorita!

Tu eres muy amable.

Quote:
See? I'm learning Spanish now. Maybe my desire to learn another language will improve my reading comprehension, as I've been going "huh??" more and more often on this forum.
Bueno para usted aprendiendo español!! Although I'm not sure learning Spanish is going to help you comprehend some of the stuff in this forum. "Huh??" is a universal language around here!

Quote:
You are right though, I've been reading to my son for a long time already and he is so sharp. Still struggling with fine motor skills as a lefty, but we'll keep practicing.
My son is a lefty too! Even though he is in high school, his handwriting leaves alot to be desired. I can't tell if it's because he's left-handed or just lazy.....

Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
[quote=seeniorita;14346676]
Quote:
Gracias Seeniorita!

Tu eres muy amable.

Bueno para usted aprendiendo español!! Although I'm not sure learning Spanish is going to help you comprehend some of the stuff in this forum. "Huh??" is a universal language around here!

My son is a lefty too! Even though he is in high school, his handwriting leaves alot to be desired. I can't tell if it's because he's left-handed or just lazy.....
What hand does he use to cut? I'm having a real struggle with him and using scissors.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Gracias Seeniorita!

Tu eres muy amable.

[quote=seeniorita;14346676]
Quote:
Gracias Seeniorita!

Tu eres muy amable.

I am also a lefty...& ambidextrous in many things.

hahaha

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.