Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,227,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
no my dear comes naturally
Figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,608,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sure Millie in her 'adult, secure' relationship is absolutely certain that nothing like this could ever happen to her. I say why even chance it. What on earth is the point?

Let me reiterate AGAIN that this is not about necessary business meetings, etc. Only about cozy one on ones where there is an attraction between the individuals. It's just asking for trouble IMHO.
Yes I am secure and my attitude is if it is going to happen it will not much I can do about it but life sure goes on not going to worry myself to death over what might or might not happen.
I have a life with lots going on so dont need to sit around worrying about the what if's.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:44 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,227,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Yes I am secure and my attitude is if it is going to happen it will not much I can do about it but life sure goes on not going to worry myself to death over what might or might not happen.
I have a life with lots going on so dont need to sit around worrying about the what if's.
Well good for you. I don't have a problem with your way of doing things - it's your choice. Only thing I had an issue with was the condescending tone to those of us who think differently. YOU may think that your way is the 'adult' way, but I think that MY way is by far the more sensible. So, again, we are just going to have to agree to disagree and no need for the condescending comments. I do wish you luck and I do think that trust is best - I just don't see the reason to push the envelope in a case like the one presented by the OP.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,608,444 times
Quote:
Well good for you. I don't have a problem with your way of doing things - it's your choice. Only thing I had an issue with was the condescending tone to those of us who think differently. YOU may think that your way is the 'adult' way, but I think that MY way is by far the more sensible. So, again, we are just going to have to agree to disagree and no need for the condescending comments. I do wish you luck and I do think that trust is best - I just don't see the reason to push the envelope in a case like the one presented by the OP.
I too have an issue with the condescending tone of others.
After all we are all different with different views which we all believe in

Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM

58 posts, read 165,104 times
Quote:
I am with you 100%. The tone she used was a bit rude? or insensitive? Not very nice? Yep.... too much confidence if you ask me.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?
I would have gone to lunch with her. If things were to happen, they'd happen with or without lunch.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
And why not?

I think you need to invite your wife to lunch with you and the classmate or skip lunch altogether.
Hmm you recomend him telling his wife that the other woman is attractive. I think after that comment, your "advise giving" should end but no you go to make another idiotic comment about taking her along. I am so tired of self-righteous people making ignorant comments. Obviously you havent been in a situation like this, dont say you have your comments says it all. Listen, you may not like this but if this guy decides to go to lunch and it leads to more, so be it. Who knows how his marriage is. Maybe he needs something like this to end his life long contract he regrets. Men our born very premative, we seek to repoduce. We cant help it, and most of us dont. Most women our so naive to think that "her" man wouldnt do that..HA! He probably poppin your best friend as the thought crosses your mind. You know what ninety five precent of guys talk about with their guys friends? Who'd they hit! maybe some sports and cars also, but your gonna hear "man did you see the ass on that!" As our nation grows, and our young people begin to see that relegious is "hokus pokus", your going to see that a lot more men will be unfaithful to their wifes. Its comming ladies, we our about to go medevil on your asses.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM

20,731 posts, read 19,395,022 times
Quote:
I told my wife about this lady and asked her about the lunch. She said that as long as it was similar to the lunches I have with different woman friends in the office, it would be fine. Though I did not say how attractive the woman was.
Hi Oregon Transplant,

I was single and I told an attractive married girl I was friends with at work I would not have lunch with her alone. Its exactly when all this crap starts and I am just looking out for the poor potential cuckold. If my wife still has time after her family and female friends to have intimate one on one friendships with other men, it means its time for a hobby.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM

433 posts, read 876,909 times
Quote:
A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?
How about asking your wife?

Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,579,206 times
Well, sounds like a horrible idea to me. Just ask yourself what would your wife think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships