Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 09:58 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
nope niet nada no

I prefer small and natural to fake and any size.
It's funny how many guys I've known, who will say this, but then stare and drool at the fake ones.

I've thought about having it done. Mostly because I lost about half my size after having and nursing two babies. I would like to be restored to what I had before. What I don't like, is if you don't have much at all up top, unless you are anorexic-skeleton thin, you don't have the shape, the silhouette that a woman "should" have. A lady does not like to turn sideways and look at her profile in a mirror and note that she's got the figure of a curved piece of sausage, rather than the shape that goes in and out in all the right places.

Not to mention how women's clothing is designed, and how many things I look at and think, "Wow, I love that...but I could never pull it off."

And I have a very close friend who has large-ish (but not freaky big) fakes and she is stunning, and hers look great. Though I definitely have heard stories and seen images of what it looks like when they're not. I think I'm more afraid of ending up with some kind of weird asymmetry, than I am wistful over the idea of having what I used to.

And I absolutely can't justify spending the money. I have a thousand other things I'd rather do with my money, than that. It's the same feeling I've got about getting more tattoos...I just can't imagine spending money on it. Even though I'm not broke, it just isn't high on my priority list.

At least my fiance professes himself happy with my body, which gives me comfort enough. I'm don't necessarily go so far as to hating on myself over this, it's just another little flaw among several that I'm sure I notice more than anyone else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 10:24 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It's funny how many guys I've known, who will say this, but then stare and drool at the fake ones.

I've thought about having it done. Mostly because I lost about half my size after having and nursing two babies. I would like to be restored to what I had before. What I don't like, is if you don't have much at all up top, unless you are anorexic-skeleton thin, you don't have the shape, the silhouette that a woman "should" have. A lady does not like to turn sideways and look at her profile in a mirror and note that she's got the figure of a curved piece of sausage, rather than the shape that goes in and out in all the right places.

Not to mention how women's clothing is designed, and how many things I look at and think, "Wow, I love that...but I could never pull it off."

And I have a very close friend who has large-ish (but not freaky big) fakes and she is stunning, and hers look great. Though I definitely have heard stories and seen images of what it looks like when they're not. I think I'm more afraid of ending up with some kind of weird asymmetry, than I am wistful over the idea of having what I used to.

And I absolutely can't justify spending the money. I have a thousand other things I'd rather do with my money, than that. It's the same feeling I've got about getting more tattoos...I just can't imagine spending money on it. Even though I'm not broke, it just isn't high on my priority list.

At least my fiance professes himself happy with my body, which gives me comfort enough. I'm don't necessarily go so far as to hating on myself over this, it's just another little flaw among several that I'm sure I notice more than anyone else does.

Mostly men that are active/fit/gym will be into this. I'm not talking body builder broskis but the quiet guy in the corner working core or the guy doing cardio. I could go further but don't want Ms. Saturn to get involved. I got my wrist slapped the last thread I crossed some line.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Mostly men that are active/fit/gym will be into this. I'm not talking body builder broskis but the quiet guy in the corner working core or the guy doing cardio. I could go further but don't want Ms. Saturn to get involved. I got my wrist slapped the last thread I crossed some line.
Funny thing...I've never been in a gym in my life and have no intention of doing so, ever. I don't mind getting some exercise but I'm far more interested in hiking, climbing, being outside. The idea of going into a gym to do it has always felt a little "hamster on a wheel" to me. But that's just me. I kind of wish I felt otherwise, because I know my body would thank me for it.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:28 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:

Yes, I know that you mean.. so annoying. It's very understandable why some women want breast implants. I myself will be getting a pair installed this spring and no one will be able to talk me out of it. I'm aware of all the risks and complications and none of that matters to me.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:56 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
My wife has brought this up before(for her not for me) and I keep tell'n her I like them the way they are.....I've always told her that.

She brought it up yesterday, and again I tell her I love them the way they are. She was a little more serious this time, not telling me she will do it but just a bit more serious this time. I asked her why she would want them done if I liked them the way they are? She said she would just feel better and not be so embarrassed to buy bra's. I had to go and left just say'n that I like'm how they are and asked who she wanted to impress. She just laughed that off as I was somewhat joke'n too.

Have any of you had them done or know someone who has that was married? Was it a request by the husband or wife? I guess I just don't understand why.

IMO it's a bad sign if she suddenly starts to think about breast implants after she is married.....out of the blue........that kinda does seem like it has to do with the husband...even if it doesn't in your case. Is this the 1st time you are aware of it? I know surgeons that will not perform the procedure under both those circumstances............big red flags.

Usually a lot of counseling is required before a reputable surgeon will perform the procedure. I know I could never have breast implants........but I'm confident about my body & looks...BUT I have supported a couple of friends that did choose to after yrs of thinking about it.

The only way you are going to understand her tho......is to ask her......& not us. Is she refusing to talk about it with you?

Old 03-10-2020, 11:57 AM

By the way, since we're on the subject, my friend who has very nice implants got hers in Mexico. She and her husband flew to a nice resort and she had it done, and the entire trip cost less than the procedure alone would have here in the States.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
IMO it's a bad sign if she suddenly starts to think about breast implants after she is married.....out of the blue........that kinda does seem like it has to do with the husband...even if it doesn't in your case. Is this the 1st time you are aware of it? I know surgeons that will not perform the procedure under both those circumstances............big red flags.

Usually a lot of counseling is required before a reputable surgeon will perform the procedure. I know I could never have breast implants........but I'm confident about my body & looks...BUT I have supported a couple of friends that did choose to after yrs of thinking about it.

The only way you are going to understand her tho......is to ask her......& not us. Is she refusing to talk about it with you?
A lot of counseling is required? I've never heard about this. What's the point? As long as you have the money, the surgeon should perform the surgery.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:11 PM

A lot of counseling, like trans people have to go through? No. The surgeons do have some consultations with you to go over a lot of information. But not like..."make sure you're mentally healthy and not getting these because you want attention or plan to cheat on your poor husband" kind of counseling? Haha, no. Not so much.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
A lot of counseling, like trans people have to go through? No. The surgeons do have some consultations with you to go over a lot of information. But not like..."make sure you're mentally healthy and not getting these because you want attention or plan to cheat on your poor husband" kind of counseling? Haha, no. Not so much.
Haha ok, I though that sounded like a bit much.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:27 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
A lot of counseling is required? I've never heard about this. What's the point? As long as you have the money, the surgeon should perform the surgery.

It's not recommended that this be a out of the blue.....spur of the moment decision. It's like a "waiting period"... Counseling & consultation gives the chance to explore all the risks & do research at the same time get an idea how long the patient has been wanting to do this & why......& whether it's her own idea or not.

There are lots of reputable surgeons that will not perform the procedure without it............the level of counseling depends on the individual practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships