Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Uh-huh.

Then kindly explain why your book "Sierra's Guide to Nutjobs on C-D" is on the Top Ten list...
Oh, did it make the Top Ten? Thanks for letting me know!

Yey!

http://www.short-breaks-in-the-engli...gne_bottle.jpg

Quote:
Like I said, read it before you say that...
Only if the library has it, which is doubtful. I'm not buying this book! It'll be followed by numerous invitations to join AARP... Not good for the morale!

Quote:
Ummm...thanks but no thanks.
You no likie my ballerina...? I put so much effort into it and h/she's so pink and pretty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
lots of people desperately trying to buy milk at a hardware store.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lots of people desperately trying to buy milk at a hardware store.
That's true , but since they're only hardware stores available... what do you do? You either look for milk there or you quit drinking milk!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's true , but since they're only hardware stores available... what do you do? You either look for milk there or you quit drinking milk!
i would respectfully presume, one would type a lot alone at night on CDF and avoid the hardware store or perhaps occasionally peek into the window as you walked by it at night after closing time.

see edward hopper "nighthawks"

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&ct=image&cd=1

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-26-2008 at 10:48 PM..

Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,798 times
lol "It's funny because it's true..." - Homer Simpson

Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Oh, did it make the Top Ten? Thanks for letting me know!

Yey!
I particularly like how the publisher has graciously agreed to donate all your royalties to the "Type A Foundation"...

Quote:
Only if the library has it, which is doubtful.
Actually, there's a whole slew of libraries, in this country and abroad, that seem to be carrying it. Just ask the librarian for "Phil's book" - she'll know.

Quote:
I'm not buying this book! It'll be followed by numerous invitations to join AARP... Not good for the morale!
Trivia Point: I originally suggested the title (and submitted the MSS with) "Strong and Sexy Seniors - The Art and Science of Taijiquan for Older Adults".

Guess it didn't fit their demographics...or the cover.

Quote:
You no likie my ballerina...? I put so much effort into it and h/she's so pink and pretty...
Darlin', I'm sure you spent untold hours slaving away at that little masterpiece, but I feel that somehow my audience would lose their focus on taiji and instead focus on the wonderful being that is Me.

We authors DO have to make sacrifices occasionally, ya know...

Old 08-27-2008, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
lol "It's funny because it's true..." - Homer Simpson
Speaking of Homer and Hopper...

Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I particularly like how the publisher has graciously agreed to donate all your royalties to the "Type A Foundation"...
Nothing could be farther from the truth... Seriously. Didn't think you were such a poor judge of character. It's really funny if I give out such vibe online. This reminds me of the lady I'd mentioned I'd hit it off on this vacation forum last year. She was really looking forward to meeting me, more so than I did because I already had reservations and hinted to her beforehand I might not be in real life who she thinks I am... Now, she was that type and apparently also mistakenly thought she found a kindred soul.

Quote:
Actually, there's a whole slew of libraries, in this country and abroad, that seem to be carrying it. Just ask the librarian for "Phil's book" - she'll know.
Too bad... looks like our library is not as evolved as to have it..

Quote:
Trivia Point: I originally suggested the title (and submitted the MSS with) "Strong and Sexy Seniors - The Art and Science of Taijiquan for Older Adults".

Guess it didn't fit their demographics...or the cover.
Small wonder! I don't think I've ever seen "sexy" and "seniors" in the same sentence...

Quote:
Darlin', I'm sure you spent untold hours slaving away at that little masterpiece, but I feel that somehow my audience would lose their focus on taiji and instead focus on the wonderful being that is Me.

We authors DO have to make sacrifices occasionally, ya know...
What's wrong with that?! It's not like I'd take a look at the book because of T'ai Chi... Look at it as a way of expanding your audience!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Nothing could be farther from the truth... Seriously. Didn't think you were such a poor judge of character. It's really funny if I give out such vibe online.
No, no - I was referring to the fact that the people that often get the most benefit out of taiji - but rarely study it - are Type A's.

No, you're a B girl all the way.

...that didn't come out right...

[quote]Too bad... looks like our library is not as evolved as to have it..[/quotes]
Fools! Idiots! Pigs!

I'll remember this slight...

Quote:
Small wonder! I don't think I've ever seen "sexy" and "seniors" in the same sentence...
I've found that the closer I get to "Senior", the more I see the connection with "Sexy"

Quote:
What's wrong with that?! It's not like I'd take a look at the book because of T'ai Chi... Look at it as a way of expanding your audience!
Please - I've gotten into enough trouble with students over the years - I'm not going to add gasoline to the fire...

Old 08-27-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
No, you're a B girl all the way.

...that didn't come out right...
That could be true, but I like 'em strapless and buy C.

Quote:
Fools! Idiots! Pigs!

I'll remember this slight...
Tell 'em, Sifu, tell 'em how you REALLY feel!

Quote:
I've found that the closer I get to "Senior", the more I see the connection with "Sexy"
Hmm... it does work in some guys' cases, but I somehow don't feel the same way imagining the word "senior" applying to me...

Quote:
Please - I've gotten into enough trouble with students over the years - I'm not going to add gasoline to the fire...
Of course you will! It's in your nature! I KNOW! And it has nothing to do with intuition... just knowing my twin. God, that was scary - a guy (gay) I recently chatted with in a store ended our conversation by saying "and stay out of trouble 'cause I know you get into it" (or something to that effect)"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships